• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

America is kind of like the jerk team in kids sports movies.

You guys are big, rich, confident, and usually come out on top. Even when the individuals who do win happen to be gracious and decent, there's still the fact that your nation, as a whole, is a powerhouse machine that seems like the asshole to almost everyone competing against them. It's almost impossible to be on top and not have haters.

Is this the argument for Canadian gracefulness? :lol

Savitar

Guys, guys.......I heard someone insulted our Maple Syrup in here.

It's going out across the wire.

Wars have started for less.

Heretic

Getzlaf and Perry. Back to back Olympic Gold Medalist. I like it. Hoping Teemu wins Bronze. Cam is still young so he can wait till next Olympics to medal.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
WOOOOO!!

So stoked.

Now if only JVR and Kessel can keep that flow going when the NHL kicks off again that would be swell.

GJ America, didn't get to see much of the game (stupid work) but I had you guys pegged as the big threat from the get go. Stellar team all around.
Am I stoked we won? Absofuckinglutely.

And for some of the posters in here wondering about anti-americanism in Canada...when it comes to Hockey? Fuck yes, you guys are number one on the hitlist and the team we want to beat more than any other. Today's game will end up being more important for most of us than the actual gold medal game. Love you guys, but beating you feels SO good.

<3

BhBVOr6CYAEzSbv.png

USAvCanada_zps70e8b5a1.jpg

RangersFan

One nation is in the news more and has a greater effect on pop culture and the zeitgeist.

so more people know the capital of the US worldwide.

pretty much this. I find it hard to believe that Americans are the only ones World wide on the whole who don't know Ottawa is the capital of Canada. Plus because of the sheer size of the US population you are discounting the sizable amount of American that actually do know the capital of Canada.

Socreges

Banned
pretty ridiculous a hockey game has devolved to usa/canada rivalry that has nothing to do with hockey
Yesterday Americans complained about the refereeing, ignoring the reality. Today they've gone off the grid, ignoring the game altogether. Sore losers, eh.

Blader

Yesterday Americans complained about the refereeing, ignoring the reality. Today they've gone off the grid, ignoring the game altogether. Sore losers, eh.

I think both sides were complaining about the refereeing yesterday? There were shitty calls made on both teams, not to mention the linesman interference that almost gave us an empty netter.

eyeless

Canada squeaks by with another 1 goal win. Hope they lose in the final.
Now I'm glad that EA didn't release NHL 14 for next gen consoles. With these 1 goal wins you Canadians don't deserve it.
This is the real reason why Detroit is failing. No one wants to live next to the Canadians.
No one gives a shit about the Canadian capital. Not even the Canadians.

But we all know about Toronto!
iwnLt9zeN1stS.gif
iI46fWZJhhOVN.gif
iwnLt9zeN1stS.gif

Homeboyd

Hey, you know, I was fucking pissed when we lost yesterday and I really expected it today, but I would like to congratulate the Canadian hockey teams. Our brothers (and sisters) to the north balled out and took that shit. If anyone had to beat us, glad it was yous guys!

#bangolic

MutFox

Banned
Hey, you know, I was fucking pissed when we lost yesterday and I really expected it today, but I would like to congratulate the Canadian hockey teams. Our brothers (and sisters) to the north balled out and took that shit. If anyone had to beat us, glad it was yous guys!

#bangolic

*Crying Beaver*
Good game you guys, took us to the brink yesterday :p

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gotta say, cocaine cowboy impressed me with his defensive play today. Had some great clears and plays to keep it in the American zone.

Canada is better :(

On the bright side, Bouwmeester mushroom-bruised the haters, and now Steen's nose has a shot at Olympic glory.
Because he made one great play? He still had 3-4 pee wee level turnovers and passes up the middle of the ice onto American sticks. Canadian forwards bailed him out multiple times. Guy is still the worst D man on this team by a mile.

Homeboyd

*Crying Beaver*
Good game you guys, took us to the brink yesterday :p
Y'all are some hockey playing motherfuckers! Yesterday was a damn heartbreaker. But again, congrats. Was the most fun I've had watching a hockey game... ever. Didn't get to watch any of it today.

KLonso

I love how it's totally acceptable to drop everything and watch a hockey (or soccer) match in the workplace or at school, lol. I love this country.
In my school every single classroom was watching the game in some form, whether on a computer or on someone's phone. Not a single lesson was learned.

MutFox

Banned
In my school every single classroom was watching the game in some form, whether on a computer or on someone's phone. Not a single lesson was learned.

It's been that way since the Summit series supposedly... :p
Gotta keep the tradition going.

RangersFan

It's been that way since the Summit series supposedly... :p
Gotta keep the tradition going.

That's the thing I love most about Canada, the crazy obsession with Hockey. There isn't even a single thing, let alone sport that would captivate our nation like that. Not Football, Baseball, Basketball. Only thing that comes to mind is the OJ Simpson verdict. It really is the thing I'm most envious about. If the States were obsessed with Hockey or Soccer as much as other countries I can't even fathom the amount of talent that would be produced in such a large country. Fuck I would love it if we would even be obsessed with hockey or soccer as much as we are with football and baseball.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
That's the thing I love most about Canada, the crazy obsession with Hockey. There isn't even a single thing, let alone sport that would captivate our nation like that. Not Football, Baseball, Basketball. Only thing that comes to mind is the OJ Simpson verdict. It really is the thing I'm most envious about. If the States were obsessed with Hockey or Soccer as much as other countries I can't even fathom the amount of talent that would be produced in such a large country. Fuck I would love it if we would even be obsessed with hockey or soccer as much as we are with football and baseball.

The US has to give some glory to other countries. We can't be hogging everything. :D

Sorry I wasnt hear to celeberate Canada winning, was getting my haircut. They didnt even have a TV at the salon so I had to stream it from my phone. Canada had it from start to finish, but against Sweden its going to be trappy and much slower so they better mind their rush or else they will be in for a world of hurt.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I love my US neighbours BTW, but they're also our biggest rivalry in hockey ATM, that's why everyone up here loves beating them. If they were a shit team nobody would care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom