• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

USA hockey has become such a strong program, which makes today's game especially embarrassing. Hard to say I'm disappointed because it wasn't exactly a hard loss. Just a weak effort. Hopefully we can rebound better in 2018.

A nice, earned win by the Fins. Good for Teemu.

Kazerei

Banned
I'm really happy for Teemu. What a legend.

The game could have been really different if Kane made those penalty shots. Fucking lol.

Taurus

And lost to Sweden again.. :)
I think Erkka's play system gave Finland a chance in this tournament, but they lacked the depth in the offence with V. Filppula, M. Koivu, A. Barkov etc. missing. Finland doesn't have too many of those top players like Sweden or Canada do.

fanboi

Banned
I think Erkka's play system gave Finland a chance in this tournament, but they lacked the depth in the offence with V. Filppula, M. Koivu, A. Barkov etc. missing. Finland doesn't have too many of those top players like Sweden or Canada do.

True.

Fin played best as a team of all teams I would say. Nordics > americans

7 out of 8 officials are Canadian, that is quite ridiculous. I don't think it will make a difference, but imagine the outrage if 7 out of 8 were swedes? Canada would riot. Btw NHL refs are supposed to be good now? Olympic break is messing with people's memories of the NHL. I doubt there aren't many europeans that can't do as good a job, especially on big ice.
they might not be great and i dont know much about nonswedish europeans but imagine vinnerborg, Rönnmark or kuben there. And i agree the outrage would be huge if reversed, but with that said i still think its the right choice.

calder

BhGDUlTCAAAlZgp.jpg

But real talk: Finnish is the craziest language around right

Stasis

I ain't even mad. Good on Finland and Teemu. Dude deserves that. Fuck it, he deserves a cup too!

Cally... Love the heart man but fuck risking injury blocking shots down 4-0 with 8 left in the third. I was cringing. We can't trade you injured!

eyeless

sucks kessel and jvr couldn't medal

only brightside is a little guy named mr.awesome, thank you my friend, your failure will live in infamy
Eat shit Canada. Can't wait to send your pathetic excuse of a men's hockey team home tomorrow as well. You'll always be in America's shadow.
Eat shit Canada. You guys have looked absolutely horrific this tournament. A one goal game with fucking Latvia???? Lololololol. USA should be able to sleep walk to a victory. Anything short of a 3 goal win will be very disappointing.
Lmfao at Canada. Can't wait for the US to be the ever living fuck out of you guys in the round of 8.
Canada: never quite the best
So the Canadian homeboy you guys have been pimping fell and choked? Lololololol typical
Wow Canada's hockey jerseys are hideous. Canadians can't get anything right.

TheCloser

Banned
Good game Finland. Wow at Patrick Kane. Definitely the biggest flop of this game. He missed 2 penalty shots and was in the box when Finland scored on the powerplay. A hattrick of errors by him today. He looked like he was going to cry, pretty horrible feeling to know that you cost your team the game. After USA's loss to Canada, I knew that they would not win any medals. Finland didn't have all their big name players but they were a way better team. Team > individuals. This is the lesson that USA and Russia have to learn. It's a good thing that Ovechkin stayed back to watch the rest of the games. He might learn this lesson and then maybe he will win a Stanley Cup.

zedge

only brightside is a little guy named mr.awesome, thank you my friend, your failure will live in infamy

:lol

Hopefully this guy is not out on a murder spree, he has some issues.

Congrats Finland. At least one Flame will medal tomorrow. <3 Backs. Or not.

i just woke up and looked at the results, LOL

Imagine if Rask would have played in the semis. Finland would have made the finals, they have a good offense.

But USA, c'mon! Just stopped carinng

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

"Anything short of a 3 goal win will be very disappointing."

Maybe change that to a 3 goal loss...

Even Canada/Finland was closer than this drubbing. I have a lot of respect for the Finns cause they're always playing to win, even if it's a bronze. That bronze is more than the US would have.
Kessel disappears when it matters, you'd think he was a Leaf.
Funny..
Max Pacioretty
Games Goals Assists Points +/- PIM Shots
4 0 1 1 0 2 7

pringles

i just woke up and looked at the results, LOL

Imagine if Rask would have played in the semis. Finland would have made the finals, they have a good offense.

But USA, c'mon! Just stopped carinng
Is this US fans trying to feel better about their team, because Finland was outplayed badly in the semifinal. They like 1 good scoring chance.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Glad I fell asleep again in the third period. Apparently everyone on the team did too.

What an embarrassing effort. It seems like beating Russia and beating Canada were the only priorities for this team, and once they blew it on the latter they just didn't give a fuck anymore. I was pretty worried that that Russia game was going to be the big "moment" for the team after the way it was hyped up and celebrated. Seems those fears were justified.

Thankfully our Ranger boys are used to having the team take promising runs and then shit the bed when it counts, so no need to worry about them.

Happy to see Teemu get a medal one last time. He certainly earned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom