• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayhawk

So if Canada wins tomorrow who plays who next round?

That won't be determined until the end of all games tomorrow, which is also the end of the round robin. Some teams will have the same record as another team in another group, so the goal differential tiebreaker is key for seeding.

Samyy

It looks like this is getting good exposure in the States....
Can the NHL really stop sending players? I can't imagine it happening. The Russians may go regardless.

Uncle

what are the likely quarter final matchups looking like?

1d-4d will most likely be USA, Canada, Sweden and Russia, Russia being the 4d and USA being 3d. 1d-2d will go to goal differences, if both Canada and Sweden win in regulation. Canada is +8 at the moment and Sweden +3, so Sweden would have to win Latvia by a lot to be 1d.

1d-4d will most likely be USA, Canada, Sweden and Russia, Russia being the 4d and USA being 3d. 1d-2d will go to goal differences, if both Canada and Sweden win in regulation. Canada is +8 at the moment and Sweden +3, so Sweden would have to win Latvia by a lot to be 1d.

and if russia is 4d and canada is 1d.

semi-finals seems likely.

hold on to your butts.

ds2aaZVY_aIxgKK0e3CHWbofahKpQXF7_tUoy1fZIBM=w353-h207-p-no

Jayhawk

and if russia is 4d and canada is 1d.

semi-finals seems likely.

hold on to your butts.

Though the top 4 seeds would be favoured to win their quarterfinal matchup, having that happen here is not a sure thing. Like in the NHL and NBA playoffs, it is not very often that all the higher-seeded teams win in the first round.

It looks like this is getting good exposure in the States....
Can the NHL really stop sending players? I can't imagine it happening. The Russians may go regardless.

I'm sure there's a chance, but I highly doubt it. The grumbling made by the NHL and owners is a bargaining chip to use against the IOC and IIHF. The players love going, the fans love seeing their players represent their home countries.

Plus for your angry Ed Snider owners, you your have Bell/Rogers owners.

Anilx3

Trending on Twitter:

#USAHockey
#Sochi2014
#shootout
United States of Oshie
#BritishBand
Ellen Page
#bucciovertimechallenge
Valentine's Day
Shot 8

For a while Oshie was trending worldwide in English and Russian. Wonder what they were saying about him in Russian?

Coins

Banned
I can't believe it came down to TJ fucking Oshie.

He used to be my favorite college player when he was at ND, fucking owned my Badgers every time he played them, and honestly hasn't done much in the NHL since he joined the Blues.

Just a shootout stud for the US. I love it!

The dude is the heart and soul of the St. Louis Blues.

Acid08

Banned
JOE PAVEL$KI WITH A GOOOOOOOAL

I see Brown got a penalty for kneeing. What a dirty piece of shit. Send him to the North Pole and never let him return.

JOE PAVEL$KI WITH A GOOOOOOOAL

I see Brown got a penalty for kneeing. What a dirty piece of shit. Send him to the North Pole and never let him return.

I yelled BIG DICK at my TV when that happened and now all the local homosexuals are banging at my door. What have you done acid. I can't fuck these many studs at once.

Was going to watch the game at 9:30 when I wake up, first thing I see on my phone was the score from the NHL app, well shit. Russia should have started Varlamov he would have stopped Oshie. :p

Blader

Missed the game for my run this morning, can't wait to watch it this afternoon. Good to hear about the win though - wanted to go in unspoiled, but people kept talking about it :lol

USA!

Mattilaus

Neo Member
Toews wins that unfortunately...Oshie probably has a few more moves, but Toews is just lethal in shootouts.

Oh I feel the same but as a canadian I kinda have to chalk that up to my internal bias. I just think it would be incredibly entertaining to see them two each take like 10 shootout attempts and see who wins.

Acid08

Banned
I yelled BIG DICK at my TV when that happened and now all the local homosexuals are banging at my door. What have you done acid. I can't fuck these many studs at once.
:D do your best for AMERICA.

Where the Queens fans at that were giggling themselves silly when Brown scored in the first game? That piece of shit cannot even stop being dirty under the watch of the entire fucking world.

It's starting to be comical how many our top players are injured (Finland). Pitkänen (although this happenes ages ago), M.Koivu, S.Koivu, Filppula, Barkov, Bergenheim.... Next up probably Granlund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom