• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the game this morning because of an early work shift, but it's never too late for freedom.
crying%2Bbald%2Beagle.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

LOLATVIA!

Wait, this isn't football?

Hunter S.

You know it is bullshit people call USA hockey win miracles still. There are more and more good and talented Americans all the time. #skill #badassery

RangersFan

That fucking whitehouse tweet is so patronizing. if this fucking country actually followed hockey they would know the US team actually has talent and their win isn't some "miracle."

RoadHazard

Gold Member
You know it is bullshit people call USA hockey win miracles still. There are more and more good and talented Americans all the time. #skill #badassery

That fucking whitehouse tweet is so patronizing. if this fucking country actually followed hockey they would know the US team actually has talent and their win isn't some "miracle."

Eh, the US usually doesn't do very well in international tournaments, and you're currently ranked #6 in the world. Yes, I know people think that the World Championships are crap and don't really "count", but I've never quite understood why. No, not all the best players are there, but each country sends the best they can get. So the playing field is even, and yet the US never does well there. Other countries do.

Hunter S.

Eh, the US usually doesn't do very well in international tournaments, and you're currently ranked #6 in the world. Yes, I know people think that the World Championships are crap and don't really "count", but I've never really understood why. No, not all the best players are there, but each country sends the best they can get. So the playing field is even, and yet the US never does well there. Other countries do.

Americans rarely care about international tournaments except for the Olympics. Probably reflects why the US only plays well lately in the Olympics. I do not care why. But, if you are not motivated you will not play well, period.

I cannot believe Sandis Osilinch is playing. He is so old and has been long out of the NHL. It is hilarious actually.

Eh, the US usually doesn't do very well in international tournaments, and you're currently ranked #6 in the world. Yes, I know people think that the World Championships are crap and don't really "count", but I've never quite understood why. No, not all the best players are there, but each country sends the best they can get. So the playing field is even, and yet the US never does well there. Other countries do.

Well US and Canadian players definitely have some motivation problems in WC tournaments. If I remember right it was 2010 when US got almost dropped to division 1 because they prefered to conquer bars instead of playing.

Holiday

Banned
Just woke up to see that Oshie has wrought the victory.

Brown kneed Tarasenko? Send him back to the sewers with the other mutants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom