• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually surprised that both the US and Canada have made it this far. The bigger ice hasn't been as large a factor as I'd expected.

The U.S. wingers seem to have taken greater advantage of the extra space, too.

How have teams been playing the US? Same kind of tactics Norway/Austria/Finland/Latvia used?

Would Vancouver have rioted in 2010 if they would have lost the final to the Americans?

Silly question, I mean hell they rioted after losing a Stanley Cup game...

Different crowd. Olympics is more of a family-friendly event and made up more of the people downtown during the game.

The Cup final rioters were mostly young drunk men.

@US-GAF, how has Kesler looked?

EDIT: Price has played well but I hope he can handle more shots from better players. He may need to steal the game, or at least make a couple huge saves.

Pakkidis

Hard to say whats going to happen on Friday. On the one hand USA has been pretty dominate and haven't really been tested which could work to Canada's favor. On the other hand Canada has struggled and may be a bit tired compared to the Americans.

Socreges

Banned
How have teams been playing the US? Same kind of tactics Norway/Austria/Finland/Latvia used?
Not at all, from what I've seen. Ironically the U.S. had a harder group, but that meant teams that would play a similar, open brand of hockey and be more vulnerable to attack.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hiller still has less goals against than Price with a much worse defense -shrugs-

Also, that was a joke...

ksan

As a dual US-Canada citizen, I win no matter what over the next two days!

GO USA!!!

As a dual Swedish-Finnish citizen, sadly the games between them don't evoke as many emotions as the other games... =(

Though I think it's time for Finland to win that damn olympic gold for Teemu!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Canada vs USKESSEL now.

This really should've been the final or Can vs Rus.

Knowing how well the Finns seem to do on the global stage, I wouldn't be surprised at an upset or a bronze for them.

Razorskin

----- ------
Canada vs USKESSEL now.

ezgif-save1r6bcb.gif

ZeroGravity

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 34m
Echoing @TSNBobMcKenzie, heard that initial news on Tavares is not good. Could be multiple ligament damage. Exam tomorrow will tell. #Isles
Really bad news for the Islanders.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yup. Man, that fucking sucks. TeethMummy :(

I had a dream last night that Teethmummy was in my class.

Not the old spice guy, it was literally a white dude with a sign that said "Teethmummy" in front of him.

It was weird as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom