• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-2016 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| 2 can play the 1-and-done game

Fjordson

What a weird game. Cal lost his mind there, never seen him that pissed.

Ulis and Murray continue to be amazing. We're a good team when they get just a little help from the rest of the roster.

iamblades

What a weird game. Cal lost his mind there, never seen him that pissed.

Ulis and Murray continue to be amazing. We're a good team when they get just a little help from the rest of the roster.

This team is starting to look like it can go far in march with just a little luck with matchups.

Guard play is just great now that they've figured out how they need to play.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
lololol the no call travel at the end of that game.

home coooooking city.

It's pretty clearly just 2 steps after he gathers the ball (Grayson has long strides), but it does look like his foot was on the ground before release. Hard to call that in real time and it's not reviewable. Also keep in mind there could arguably have been a foul called.

It's pretty clearly just 2 steps after he gathers the ball (Grayson has long strides), but it does look like his foot was on the ground before release. Hard to call that in real time and it's not reviewable. Also keep in mind there could arguably have been a foul called.

Dude took 3-4 steps easily, and if anything Grayson initiated contact, defender went straight up

Fjordson

Definitely looked like a walk, but hard to expect that call in that situation tbh. a) Travels are always inconsistent as a rule b) college refs lol and c) a home team shooting for the game. They don't want to end the game on a violation.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Dude took 3-4 steps easily, and if anything Grayson initiated contact, defender went straight up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ4G1qXpQfc

Just going by this video, at 2.0 left on the clock he gathers the ball during/after a really long step which ends with him planted on his right foot (which doesn't count, because it's still part of the dribble). Now that the ball is gathered (he's picked up his dribble) he takes a really quick step with his left and another looong one with his right (so that's 2 steps) and then releases his shot. It's that first long step as he's gathering the ball that makes it look to a lot of people like an extra step.

His defender's arm is definitely not straight up. It's leaning forward, which is why Grayson has to fade back a bit to get some room to get the shot off. It's not a foul that should be called in that situation IMO, but it's worth bringing up when people start nitpicking about other things that were "missed" (like his foot hitting the ground before the release).

I'm not gonna roll back all that shit I said about this not being that great a Duke team but at least I can say definitively that they're better than 2007.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
i

Allen's foot is down before the shot is off. He is also getting hammered and no call. Refs are going to stay out of a situation like this if they can, even if the shot had missed.

thefro

That's the 2nd foul on the floor they've called a shooting foul (Valentine had one in the 1st half after the last media TO).

thefro

If I was in charge of the NCAA, it'd be a technical foul if a guy is shooting the 3, gets barely hit after shooting and then flops to the ground.

Speaking of the worldwide leader, why is the Duke @ Louisville game a noon tip-off (Saturday) for the second year in a row.

They really need to start scheduling around my availability.

Bowser

Our good friends at the Worldwide Leader can breathe a sigh of relief.

The sanctity of the Duke-Carolina matchup is saved.

I've stayed out of the offseason thread for the most part
the loss is still so raw
that this is the first I've seen of your new avi.

You poor bastard.

Top Bottom