• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-2016 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| 2 can play the 1-and-done game

thefro

I think Allen would be fined for flopping in the NBA on that play where he "drew" a technical by grabbing Johnson and then throwing his head back when he got pushed in the chest (because he wouldn't let go of Johnson).

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I thought Vitale wasn't supposed to call any more Duke games. He's Teddy Ruxpin at this point. He's got a Duke tape, a UNC tape, a UK tape, a Coach K tape, a Dean Smith tape, a KU tape......

DominoKid

wow indiana really blows. i looked down when it came back from half and they were down 9. look up and they're down 20. fire crean ASAP brehchachos.

DominoKid

How does it work? Does the B1G only need 7 wins because they won it last year?

If your team wins then fuck everybody else. If they lose then pray they win. Unless youre a true hater like me and hope everybody else in your conference loses so they cant say shit.

also what happened to my dude Yogi Ferrell? it sound like everything he was hyped up to be turned out to be meant for Tyler Ulis.

thefro

Reading the reactions on FB/Twitter/IU fansites, I think more people supported Davis/Sampson right before they got fired than Crean now. Hard to find any positive comments.

We're really moving into Brady Hoke/Michigan Football territory now.

Also the media is really piling on the lack of defense after Vitale repeatedly was pointing it out on ESPN. Really as negative as I can remember them being on a team. Probably doesn't help Crean that he's pissed a lot of local media members off over the years.

All-Time Great Duke Team = 1999
Great Duke Team = 2015, 2011 (if Kyrie never gets hurt)
Very Good Duke Team = 2010, 2013 (if Piss On You doesn't get hurt)
Good Duke Team = 2006, 2016 (maybe)
Decent Duke Team = 2014, 2016 (probably)
Mediocre Duke Team = 2008, 2012
Straight Up Bad Duke Team = 2007

Proelite

All-Time Great Duke Team = 1999, 1992
Great Duke Team = 2015, 2011 (if Kyrie never gets hurt), 1991, 1994, 2002
Very Good Duke Team = 2010, 2013 (if Piss On You doesn't get hurt), 2004
Good Duke Team = 2006, 2016 (maybe)
Decent Duke Team = 2014, 2016 (probably)
Mediocre Duke Team = 2008, 2012
Straight Up Bad Duke Team = 2007

Fixed a bit. Missing shitloads of teams still.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
You kids is right. Even 2007 looks pretty damn good compared to Duke 95-97. 95 was a straight up bad team. Talent wise 96 was worse but GOAT was back at the helm. Still didn't deserve an NCAA big at 18-13 tho.

I had no plans of listing EVERY SINGLE Duke team.

I just threw up the first that came to mind for every category.

And 95 didn't happen. NCAA says the GOAT didn't take Ls that year after his leave of absence, so I'm going to defer to them.

I had no plans of listing EVERY SINGLE Duke team.

I just threw up the first that came to mind for every category.

And 95 didn't happen. NCAA says the GOAT didn't take Ls that year, so I'm going to defer to them.

I mean, you have to at least go with the 91 and 92 teams. 92 went wire-to-wire #1, which hasn't happened since (with a championship) and I'm not sure the last time it happened before, though if I had to guess, I'd say Indiana 76. I wonder if that's something you can google.... be right back...

I mean, you have to at least go with the 91 and 92 teams. 92 went wire-to-wire #1, which hasn't happened since and I'm not sure the last time it happened before, though if I had to guess, I'd say Indiana 76. I wonder if that's something you can google.... be right back...

Again first team to come to mind.

I wasn't ALIVE for 91/92. I mean, sure the highlights look great, but I wasn't there so they don't resonate that much with me.

99 is the first legitimately great team that I ever rooted for in any sport. Them losing the title game was the first (and one of the few) times I cried over a sporting contest.

Again first team to come to mind.

I wasn't ALIVE for 91/92. I mean, sure the highlights look great, but I wasn't there so they don't resonate that much with me.

99 is the first legitimately great team that I ever rooted for in any sport. Them losing the title game was the first (and one of the few) times I cried over a sporting contest.

You're going to make me make you slot the 1986-1990 teams, aren't you.

But for real. you missed 2001.

DominoKid

Holy shit Tony Parker doesnt look like the same person anymore

also i wish we played kentucky this year. that game would be a track meet. Ulis vs Berry would be good.

Fjordson

I knew we weren't the legit #1 team, but yikes. We look awful. And Marcus Lee went out with some sort of head injury. Shitty night so far.

Fjordson

We can beat the #1 team but yet lose to Monmouth, and barely beat Cal Poly.. I'm good with this win. Don't care if UCLA does bad from now on.

This probably makes Kansas look better or have they stumple?
Sorry for that previous post lol, that was insanely douchey.

Yeah, I was shocked to hear y'all lost to Monmouth. You owned the game tonight basically end to end.

Especially that big guy. Goddamnit he didn't miss a single jumper.

Sorry for that previous post lol, that was insanely douchey.

Yeah, I was shocked to hear y'all lost to Monmouth. You owned the game tonight basically end to end.

Especially that big guy. Goddamnit he didn't miss a single jumper.
I just don't get the team. Don't know which team will show up. We'll see how the season turns out. PAC 12 looks rough..

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Well, scratch that one off.

truly, the floor is yours.

I don't know if its going to happen, Randolph. I mean, I don't have any real expectations for this team, and K's already shown that he'll rotate in a 1-3-1 or a 2-3 to keep the team active on D.
I can yell at our football coaches if that helps. They've been pissing me off this season.

Lunar FC

Baby Durant has moved into his dorm room and settled in.

Keep us updated on all your one and done's daily activities.

Missed our game against Purdue today. But it seems our lack of inside depth that can grab a rebound and inability to not foul people did us in again. Disappointed.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Keep us updated on all your one and done's daily activities.

Missed our game against Purdue today. But it seems our lack of inside depth that can grab a rebound and inability to not foul people did us in again. Disappointed.

That is going to be a problem for most teams playing the Boilers. At this point I fear them way more than Sparty. Not that Sparty hasn't looked great so far too. Just think we (UM) match up better against them.

inm8num2

AP top 25
1. Michigan St. (62) 9-0
2. Kansas (1) 6-1
3. North Carolina (2) 7-1
4. Iowa St. 6-0
5. Kentucky 7-1
6. Maryland 7-1
7. Oklahoma 5-0
8. Duke 8-1
9. Villanova 7-0
10. Virginia 7-1
11. Purdue 8-0
12. Xavier 8-0
13. Arizona 7-1
14. West Virginia 7-0
15. Providence 8-1
16. Baylor 6-1
17. Miami 7-1
18. Butler 6-1
19. SMU 6-0
20. Gonzaga 5-2
21. Vanderbilt 6-2
22. Louisville 6-1
23. Cincinnati 8-1
24. Oregon 6-1
25. Utah 7-1
Others receiving votes: UConn 82, Syracuse 78, Texas A&M 69, George Washington 60, UNLV 40, UCLA 19, South Carolina 15, Dayton 7, UALR 5, Florida 4, Georgetown 4, Iowa 3, Pittsburgh 3, Indiana 2, Northwestern 2, Navy 1, Notre Dame 1.

So, MSU due for a loss against Maryland Eastern Shore or Florida this week!

Top Bottom