• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-2016 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| 2 can play the 1-and-done game

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Texas could have won that game if they used full court press the entire game. It's weird that they didn't considering full court Defense is Shaka Smart's supposed trademark.

Yeah that press was definitely slowing us down.

And if you guys had made more of an effort to get the ball to Ridley. We were clearly outmatched down there when he did get the ball.

iamblades

Nah

But LSU is irrelevant when things like this are happening

Jeff Goodman ✔ @GoodmanESPN
LSU is losing at College of Charleston, 39-17, at the half. Seriously.

Johnny Jones might legitimately be the worst coach in div 1 college basketball.

Not that I would be shocked if they play like the 96 bulls when we get there, but really, a team with that amount of talent gets blown the fuck out by CHARLESTON?

I am glad he can recruit though, cause a Duke or a Kansas with Ben Simmons and Blakeney would be nightmare fuel.

DominoKid

Ben Simmons 4/16. Not a good look.

Meanwhile nobody has even heard a thing about Jaylen Brown. Malik Newman are you there? Go to irrelevant programs...

Lunar FC

Ben Simmons 4/16. Not a good look.

Meanwhile nobody has even heard a thing about Jaylen Brown. Malik Newman are you there? Go to irrelevant programs...

God forbid that some guys want to go to their local college rather than play ugly basketball at a blue blood school. If only my school was a 'relevant program'...guess the season was over before it even started.

Fjordson

Newman I can kinda see since he's from Mississippi. Jaylen Brown from Georgia tho.

There's always one or two schools each year that randomly get a big recruiting class, this was just Cal's year I guess.

DominoKid

Newman I can kinda see since he's from Mississippi. Jaylen Brown from Georgia tho.

There's always one or two schools each year that randomly get a big recruiting class, this was just Cal's year I guess.

i didn't know he was from Mississippi. living there shouldve given him plenty of evidence on why he shouldnt go to Miss. St.

DominoKid

this maryland team look like they never played with each other before. our defense actually doing something for once.

oh man i swore paige was gonna boom that lol.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Still, its kinda fever dream weird to see Sulaimon in a UMD uniform playing against UNC.

I really couldn't care who wins this game.

Lol at UNC fans booing him like anyone from Duke gives a shit.

Amazing that Maryland's only down by 6 considering the fact that they sent more passes to white shirts than to black ones.

And yeah, the DSC booing Sulaimon because he at one point wore a Duke jersey is lulzworthy. Did he even do anything of note in the Duke-UNC games he played in? It's not like its JJ Redick or Seth Curry or Austin Rivers out there.

Another slow start dooms Maryland. UNC isn't Rider or Illinois St., not gonna be able to come out of that hole. Turgeon has to figure it out.

Bowser

Man, I thought Sulaimon and Trimble were never going to miss for a second there. Game should have been a comfortable win if our bigs weren't trash when rotating out of ball screens and some of our 3s weren't in and out (I think 3 of our misses were halfway down then out). Also, Berry came in shooting 10-10 from FT line and Paige is a career 85%+ FT shooter, and they were both choking at the end. Weird.

Oh well, good win and Paige was a fucking monster. Gonna miss that dude.

Hook em baby

Huge win. UTA is a legit tourney team.

Roach has ups. Almost Vince Carter like

giphy.gif

DominoKid

that 3 point shooting

2qdvSPT.gif

edit: also good of J. Cole to come to the game. i think his music is pretty shit but he's "cool" and he's a huge Tar Heel fan. the players were also excited he came (Joel pointed him out after a basket). we need to bring him into the program like Kentucky did with Drake. here's hoping he comes to some of our other big games this year.

Illini debuting the new and improved Discount Doublecheck Dome VS Notre Dame in an hour or so. Hopefully they can RISE UP and cover the spread.

Spiderkid was already chucking when he couldn't shoot.

Now he's never passing the ball ever again

EDIT: More concerning: WHO DREW UP PLAYS FOR MARSHALL PLUMLEE? LIKE LEGIT POST-UPS AND SHIT

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Spiderkid was already chucking when he couldn't shoot.

Now he's never passing the ball ever again

EDIT: More concerning: WHO DREW UP PLAYS FOR MARSHALL PLUMLEE? LIKE LEGIT POST-UPS AND SHIT

Scottie Montgomery.

Also Ingram is playing well ATM. DT needs more burn because PG is the one area this team needs experience.

What was happening as the teams walked off the court at halftime?

Crean trying to get brolic with the Gawd?

EDIT: Maybe it was the Gawd trying to get brolic with Crean

Adam Smith ‏@adam_smithTN 2m2 minutes ago
Something happened with Coach K as the IU players ran off the court for halftime. He stopped. Then Capel went hustling after the IU players.

Adam Smith ‏@adam_smithTN 1m1 minute ago
Don’t know if an IU player maybe bumped him. K then waved Crean over and they talked for a couple moments. Capel was hot, to be sure.

thefro

Everyone plays well on offense against IU, lol. We couldn't stop Wake Forest and UNLV, won't be able to stop a mediocre Duke team.

Adam Smith ‏@adam_smithTN 2m2 minutes ago
Don’t know if an IU player maybe bumped him. K then waved Crean over and they talked for a couple moments. Capel was hot, to be sure.

Adam Smith ‏@adam_smithTN 3m3 minutes ago
Something happened with Coach K as the IU players ran off the court for halftime. He stopped. Then Capel went hustling after the IU players.

^

Top Bottom