• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-2016 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| 2 can play the 1-and-done game

I kinda feel bad for SMU. This is one of the best teams they have ever had and they are ineligible for the postseason and most of their best players are seniors. Meanwhile at UNC, the NCAA hammer has yet to fall, and probably never will

This Iowa-ISU game is gutting me more than the B1G championship game.

Edit: Godamnit. On the CycLOLne side... When was the last time you saw a #4 team rush the court after beating an unranked team?

This Iowa-ISU game is gutting me more than the B1G championship game.

Edit: Godamnit. On the CycLOLne side... When was the last time you saw a #4 team rush the court after beating an unranked team?
To be a little fair, when was the last time a #4 team came back from 20 down in the second half versus an unranked in-state rival? Especially how it went down. I think typically you storm the court when you win a game that you shouldn't have. And Iowa State really shouldn't have won after being down 8 with about 2 and a half minutes to go.

But, still, you're right. Not necessary.

To be a little fair, when was the last time a #4 team came back from 20 down in the second half versus an unranked in-state rival? Especially how it went down. I think typically you storm the court when you win a game that you shouldn't have. And Iowa State really shouldn't have won after being down 8 with about 2 and a half minutes to go.

But, still, you're right. Not necessary.
I missed it, was the inbound play that the ref called turned it over to ISU legit?

I missed it, was the inbound play that the ref called turned it over to ISU legit?
As a Cyclone fan (full disclosure), I'd like to think so. It definitely wasn't an outrageously fast count. The inbounder had it for a good little while and couldn't find anyone. At first, I thought the whistle was because he called a time out because he knew he was running out of time, so it was at least that close. And if my eyes didn't deceive me, I think the inbounder may have lost the handle on the ball for a moment. If so, that's what doomed him.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Got tickets at the last minute from a work buddy, end up being fourth row, and see one of the best games I've seen as a cyclone. Damn. Lucky day for me.

image.jpeg

inm8num2

Getting worried...it's mid-December and MSU doesn't have a head-scratching meltdown loss yet. In order for Izzo to peak in March he needs to stumble and be doubted in December, dammit. That's the cycle.

Basketball season has finally arrived in Durham. Can't be one without a foot injury.

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 5 minutes ago
Duke announces that F Amile Jefferson has sustained a right foot injury and is out indefinitely. This is a big loss.

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 4 minutes ago
Duke does not have the depth to make up for the Jefferson injury. Playing 30 minutes a game and averaging 11.4 points and 10.3 rebounds

Edit: More

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 2m2 minutes ago
Not that that will stop people from asking when Jefferson will be back multiple times a day

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 3m3 minutes ago
Amile Jefferson's foot injury will likely be one of those wait-and-see, no timetable types. So just like Ryan Kelly's and Kyrie's

It's kind of amazing that Amile Jefferson of all people getting hurt could submarine Duke's season but here we are.

At least Obi will get run now. K will have no choice but to play him when he keeps seeing Spiderkid get bodied on the boards game after game by 4 men that are thicker than toothpicks.

Duke's entire frontcourt is composed of a Plumlee and two string beans and Obi's still riding the pine, eh.

Say what you will about Krzyzewski, but once he puts you in the doghouse, you're gonna have work to get out. Ask Sheed

@LoriSchmidt 15m15 minutes ago
Wisconsin's Bo Ryan has announced his immediate retirement. Associate head coach Greg Gard will assume the title of interim head coach.

yooooo

RIP Wiscy Bball

DominoKid

Wisconsin's Bo Ryan has announced his immediate retirement. Associate head coach Greg Gard will assume the title of interim head coach.

yooooo

RIP Wiscy Bball
hGd11s2.png

i'm all here for this new thing of coaches retiring midseason.

O/U Roy doing it in the next 3 seasons

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
So that's wins for Monmouth U. over

UCLA
USC
Notre dame
Georgetown

Only Michigan state has a higher strength of schedule.

These aren't flukes.... We are an official threat and our bench mob is probably the most popular thing in the league right now. Hopefully we keep it up in tourney play but I keep trying to tell you all.

yooooo

RIP Wiscy Bball
Damn. Have to wonder if something is going on health-wise.

Taco Fall is a better one man show than Ben Simmons!
He's really coming along nicely. Doesn't play like a freshman. We'll see how things hold up once things get more physical especially in conference play.

So that's wins for Monmouth U. over

UCLA
USC
Notre dame
Georgetown

Only Michigan state has a higher strength of schedule.

These aren't flukes.... We are an official threat and our bench mob is probably the most popular thing in the league right now. Hopefully we keep it up in tourney play but I keep trying to tell you all.

Give us that rematch Monmouth. First game of the season. Fluke!!!!

They play great but still want a rematch.

thefro

Hope it's not a medical thing.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...-coach-bo-ryan-retiring-effective-immediately

Ryan said that part of the reason he came back for this season was to give Gard time to be with his father, Glen, who was diagnosed with cancer in the spring and passed away this fall. Ryan said the demands on Gard's time to fly around the country meeting with doctors and helping his dad put his retirement on the back burner. Following Glen Gard's death, Ryan then spoke with Alvarez and decided the semester break would be a good time to step down.

Sounds like he would have retired in the spring if not for wanting to help out his assistant coach who is taking over.

Grayson outchea looking like a scrub again.

Two best teams he's played this year and he looks like trash

Everybody else and he looks like a lottery pick.

hmmm

Top Bottom