• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-2016 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| 2 can play the 1-and-done game

Get well soon Amile's foot.

As much as people ragged on Brandon Ingram early on, Chase Jeter's been a million times worse.

Four year player at the minimum right now

Proelite

Utah sucking even worse than we do. Hows that possible.

We should have been blown the fuck out.

Refs are soooooo bad this game.

I like how the Utah coach handpicked a ref for this game and is still whining about every call.

Nah not-Coach K, your squad just jobbed down the stretch.

You'd think after the third time you saw your teammates drive at the big cat in red and have their shit get blocked, you'd learn not to do that.

But nah

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Grayson outchea looking like a scrub again.

Two best teams he's played this year and he looks like trash

Everybody else and he looks like a lottery pick.

hmmm

Grayson has the flu

Get well soon Amile's foot.

As much as people ragged on Brandon Ingram early on, Chase Jeter's been a million times worse.

Four year player at the minimum right now

Jeter just turned 18. Give the kid (literally) a break.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
lol we've missed so many layups. I never thought I'd miss Amile this much *sigh*

Grayson has the flu

If he can't play like himself, he shouldn't be out there at all.

Telling me he has the flu doesn't absolve his performance, it just makes me think it was a dumb decision on the part of either him, the trainer/doctor, or the coaches to even let him play in the first place.

Jeter just turned 18. Give the kid (literally) a break.

He's also a McDonald's All-American.

I don't need him to look like an NBA superstar right now. I just need him to look like he's actually played basketball before.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
If he can't play like himself, he shouldn't be out there at all.

Telling me he has the flu doesn't absolve his performance, it just makes me think it was a dumb decision on the part of either him, the trainer/doctor, or the coaches to even let him play in the first place.

He's also a McDonald's All-American.

I don't need him to look like an NBA superstar right now. I just need him to look like he's actually played basketball before.

You'd rather have no Grayson than flu Grayson? Think about what the depth chart would look like for a sec...

Also, you and I both know that a McDonalds AA is no guarantee a player will instantly be a solid contributor. K just has no choice but to play him, at this point, because Obi was a huge bust.

DominoKid

Dukies so rough on their boys.

Id give Grayson a pass for being sick and having a bad game. Otherwise id be trolling that statline. Put that with the Kentucky game and it doesnt look good

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Dukies so rough on their boys.

Id give Grayson a pass for being sick and having a bad game. Otherwise id be trolling that statline. Put that with the Kentucky game and it doesnt look good

Yeah but he torched Georgetown and VCU tho

I'm fine if he decides he needs another year and stays for 2016, of course ; )

DominoKid

Clowning UCLA. 30 pt turnaround.

Most of all im happy to see the alternate jerseys get a win. Hopefully they don't get buried like thosw dope ass silver jerseys we got housed in a few years ago.

thefro

Crean should get fired at halftime.

Troy Williams is playing so bad that he may not even get picked up by the D-League if he turns pro.

Fjordson

Skal is so bad man. Twice he's tripped up Ulis trying to play the pick & roll, giving Lyle an open lane to the rim. Just awful.

Fjordson

Like I said at the beginning of the year, our big guys sometimes get beat bad on the boards and our offense is trash. Oh well.

Crean should get fired at halftime.

Troy Williams is playing so bad that he may not even get picked up by the D-League if he turns pro.

I was about ready to just have Jb2 directly transferred to the Mad Ants roster at one point in the second half.

Still not sure how we actually won that game.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Derrick Walton with Michigan's second triple double in the last week and 5th in school history. If only he and Levert could teach our bigs how to grab a board.

Duncan Robinson went 4-7 from 3 today and his season % actually went down a little bit.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
The UVA/Nova game was really good. UVA really surprised me today (in terms of 3 point shots especially).

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
With Amile's foot and Grayson's illness, the Utah loss didn't really bother me much. Its a young team and not much depth so there will be a few more like this.

I really won't care much about Duke basketball until after 12/26. It would be nice to win a bowl game for once.

I haven't seen the past 2 Duke games without Jefferson, as those games were against my gym schedule which basically has no flexibility. Though from reading the blow-by-blow via tweets from N&O's Duke beat writer (@laurakeeley), it does figure to be a rather painful experience for Duke until Jefferson can come back (assuming that he does). Even then, this year's freshman just aren't the same caliber as last year's group, although at least Ingram appears to be rounding into form. The rest just need more time on the vine (and pine, as it were).

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
And down goes Rutgers....

If we (Monmouth) aren't in the top 25 next week, I don't know what to say. Their schedule has been tougher than most of the top teams in the league. And the bench was on the today show. That has to count for something...

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

If we (Monmouth) aren't in the top 25 next week, I don't know what to say. Their schedule has been tougher than most of the top teams in the league. And the bench was on the today show. That has to count for something...

Beating Rutgers won't do a lot for your chances of getting ranked. They're pretty pathetic. GW beat them by 35 the game before. They will be lucky to win 2 games in the B1G.

Your other wins are nice though so we'll see I guess.

It was funny the bench got called out by the Rutgers crowd for a celebration battle.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Beating Rutgers won't do a lot for your chances of getting ranked. They're pretty pathetic. GW beat them by 35 the game before. They will be lucky to win 2 games in the B1G.

Your other wins are nice though so we'll see I guess.

Yea I wasn't saying that rutgers would get us up there. I am very aware of the state of their basketball program. A lot of teams are down this year, but that does not take away from the fact that my small school in a lower conference is getting big wins. We have never beat rutgers before (9 previous times) and after today they decided to cancel our "rivalry" from here forward. It was a good mental win after their buzzer beater over us last year.

I am just excited to be in the discussion for the first time ever.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Yea I wasn't saying that rutgers would get us up there. I am very aware of the state of their basketball program. A lot of teams are down this year, but that does not take away from the fact that my small school in a lower conference is getting big wins. We have never beat rutgers before (9 previous times) and after today they decided to cancel our "rivalry" from here forward. It was a good mental win after their buzzer beater over us last year.

LOL that sounds like something Rutgers would do.

I'd say at the very least you should be getting some votes now.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Just listened to Gary Parrish and Scott Norlander discuss/argue about whether or not Monmouth should be ranked.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...-valentines-knee-injury-affect-michigan-state

If you don't feel like listening Norlander says you should be ranked and Parish keeps calling all Scott's reason stupid even though he says he's not against your being ranked.

Top Bottom