• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking Eddie Lacy. Injuries aside, is there a bigger bust this year?

I keep flashing back to draft day: AP or Lacy? Go with Lacy, I thought - he's the safer pick. Fuuuuuuuck.

Badosh

Starks or Langford?

Starks has a great match up, but the whole Eddie Lacy still existing makes me question just playing him after Langford and his mediocre match up.

Bills D/ST scores on that fumble recovery on the kickoff
Doesn't count in my league
I'm playing against them this week

PRAISE THE SUN GOD

I would start Williams over those two you mention.

Karlos Williams without question the bills run it enough times where he will get enough touches to be productive plus he's played better than Mccoy people are sleeping on him because he was out for awhile with a concussion plus his style of running(downhilldownhill) matches up better with the Jets defense. The Jets have been burned by RBs like Williams and have stopped RBs like Mccoy

Thanks guys! :D I was shaking my fist at the gamble in the first half but man, dude can't stop scoring TDs.

toneroni

So someone in my Ppr league is wanting me to trade them Adrian Peterson and in return are offering TY Hilton and one of either Jon brown, Melvin Gordon or Matt Jones. My other rbs are Tj Yeldon, Alfred Blue and Jeremy hill. AP is clearly the best of the bunch but my wr corps (smith sr, Keenan Allen, Malcolm Floyd, Vince Jackson) has been destroyed by injuries. This league is also a 3 wr/2 rb set. Would you take the deal? And if so which of the three would you take between brown, Gordon or jones?
What a tough spot, maybe if you could get better WRs

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Brandon Marchall and Chris Ivory didn't do that bad tonight, but my week is off to a weak start. Both came up below expectations.

Sitting Manning this week, and picked up Flaco since it's slim pickings out there. Did manage to snag Romo and hopefully he'll be back next week and him and Dez can tear it up.

Got a WR option this week.

LaFell against the Giants, or Benjamin against the Steelers?

Cappa

Banned
He will eat away at millers carries, his coach seems adamant about getting more carries and in the rookie combine only Gurley outscored him. They also cut Jonas gray all signs his stock is going to go up.

Many dolphins fans are high on him and if you have some scrub RB on your bench he's the better add

10 points from Karlos Williams

I am happy with that. I just needed SOMEONE to fill the void left by a Devonta Freeman bye week

Ill be happy to bench him against the patriots lol

Trade deadline day, but I guess my 9-0 team is too intimidating for offers :/

10 points from Karlos Williams

I am happy with that. I just needed SOMEONE to fill the void left by a Devonta Freeman bye week

Ill be happy to bench him against the patriots lol

Well no reason not to keep starting him but of course his peak value is capped until McCoy goes down, so if you have better options, yeah, sit him. He's been incredible all year though in terms of getting value out of a fantasy offense that just isn't consistent enough to be good.

Anyway, he's easily the best bench RB in the league. Ajayi is of course an interesting grab for people waiting on injuries but even Alfred Blue got lots of yards behind a good line. Karlos is proving his value every week on limited carries.

Cappa

Banned
Trade deadline day, but I guess my 9-0 team is too intimidating for offers :/

Well no reason not to keep starting him but of course his peak value is capped until McCoy goes down, so if you have better options, yeah, sit him. He's been incredible all year though in terms of getting value out of a fantasy offense that just isn't consistent enough to be good.

Anyway, he's easily the best bench RB in the league. Ajayi is of course an interesting grab for people waiting on injuries but even Alfred Blue got lots of yards behind a good line. Karlos is proving his value every week on limited carries.

Well Ryan Matthews is the best non starting RB in fantasy right now imo :) but I think Karlos Williams has a ton of value even with Mccoy in the lineup as a flex option. Same with Ryan Matthews and Murray in Philly. Mccoy and Murray are big time signings so they're not going to be benched but Williams and Matthews have produced enough to be very fantasy relevant. Williams has scored in every game he's played and he seems to be favored at the goalline over Mccoy

Hazelhurst

So someone in my Ppr league is wanting me to trade them Adrian Peterson and in return are offering TY Hilton and one of either Jon brown, Melvin Gordon or Matt Jones. My other rbs are Tj Yeldon, Alfred Blue and Jeremy hill. AP is clearly the best of the bunch but my wr corps (smith sr, Keenan Allen, Malcolm Floyd, Vince Jackson) has been destroyed by injuries. This league is also a 3 wr/2 rb set. Would you take the deal? And if so which of the three would you take between brown, Gordon or jones?
Bad deal. Adrian is worth more than what is being offered. You should be able to get a better deal from someone else.

Well Ryan Matthews is the best non starting RB in fantasy right now imo :) but I think Karlos Williams has a ton of value even with Mccoy in the lineup as a flex option. Same with Ryan Matthews and Murray in Philly. Mccoy and Murray are big time signings so they're not going to be benched but Williams and Matthews have produced enough to be very fantasy relevant. Williams has scored in every game he's played and he seems to be favored at the goalline over Mccoy

I don't mind you making that argument, but I do think it's worth considering that Karlos has outscored Ryan Mathews for the season and his worst non PPR game is 9.7 points. I think Mathews is clearly having a better time than he did in SD but he did have a lot of injury baggage (and general Philly offense problems) to worry about.

Hazelhurst

Proposed the following trade, in a 10 team standard league:

Wanting:
Deangelo Williams

Offering:
T.J. Yeldon
Tyler Eifert

The person only has Heath Miller. So Eifert would be a godsend. What do yall think? Do I need to bring more to the table?

Cappa

Banned

Wanting:
Deangelo Williams

Offering:
T.J. Yeldon
Tyler Eifert

The person only has Heath Miller. So Eifert would be a godsend. What do yall think? Do I need to bring more to the table?

he's getting Yeldon and Eifert? I would do it if I were him. What are his other RBs?

Wanting:
Deangelo Williams

Offering:
T.J. Yeldon
Tyler Eifert

No

That seems like a fair trade

He might still reject because of how crazy valuable a good RB1 is right now

nillapuddin

Alarm.gif

DEVONTA FREEMAN JUST GOT DROPPED IN MY LEAGUE
my waiver is 11-12

nillapuddin

as the 11th waiver pick, theres no chance in hell he will fall that far, it would be a god damn miracle.

but I could use a miracle reunion, epsecially sense I drafted him and dropped him the saturday before DAL

.... and LeVeon and Dion acl'd their way out of my lineup

edit: the most shocking transaction report OF ALL TIME

Nov 131:48 PMTM4 added Jonathan Grimes, Hou from FA to BE
TM4 dropped Devonta Freeman, Atl to W

GrapeApes

as the 11th waiver pick, theres no chance in hell he will fall that far, it would be a god damn miracle.

but I could use a miracle reunion, epsecially sense I drafted him and dropped him the saturday before DAL

.... and LeVeon and Dion acl'd their way out of my lineup

edit: the most shocking transaction report OF ALL TIME

Nov 131:48 PMTM4 added Jonathan Grimes, Hou from FA to BE
TM4 dropped Devonta Freeman, Atl to W
This has got to be a mistake. The commish will probably rectify the situation. If this was not a mistake then I'd suspect collusion. Is the guy who dropped Freeman already out of the playoffs? Who's got priority?

nillapuddin

This has got to be a mistake. The commish will probably rectify the situation. If this was not a mistake then I'd suspect collusion. Is the guy who dropped Freeman already out of the playoffs? Who's got priority?

It's either a mistake, collusion or someone deliberately tanking their season to screw over someone else.

Offer the 1st waiver real money.

HOLY SHIT. GET HIM AT ANY COST

The team that dropped him, 5-4, 5 seed for the playoffs

Playing me this week, 7-2, 1 seed

Current Roster
OEakDhj.png

This has to be a mistake, or the biggest blunder of all time.

I so hate being in first place, havent got shit for waivers all year.

Roster moves the past few days

VirGJlR.png

Dear god.
I took Frank Gore btw

Ptaaty

I can't decide and no one commented yet, I have 2 WR and 1 Flex to fill from:
Dez, Calvin, A Rob, A Hurns, C West.

Plan A: A, Rob, Dez, Calvin (follows ECR)

Alternate thought 1- swap in C West. Yeah he's against the broncos, but Chiefs oline is solid and he is a dual threat almost guaranteed 20 carries. Concern is that Chiefs could be dominated / little offense.

Alternate thought 2 - Pair up A Rob and A Hurns. The offense is red hot, playing Bal which allows highest WR points. Both should get 8+ targets, and Hurns has gotten a TD in 6 straight plus 100+ in 3 of 6...against far better Ds.

My gut is telling me that pairing the Allens gets me 30-40 from WR (this pair has done this most weeks)...but that is putting all my eggs in a Jax basket.

Cappa

Banned
I can't decide and no one commented yet, I have 2 WR and 1 Flex to fill from:
Dez, Calvin, A Rob, A Hurns, C West.

Plan A: A, Rob, Dez, Calvin (follows ECR)

Alternate thought 1- swap in C West. Yeah he's against the broncos, but Chiefs oline is solid and he is a dual threat almost guaranteed 20 carries. Concern is that Chiefs could be dominated / little offense.

Alternate thought 2 - Pair up A Rob and A Hurns. The offense is red hot, playing Bal which allows highest WR points. Both should get 8+ targets, and Hurns has gotten a TD in 6 straight plus 100+ in 3 of 6...against far better Ds.

My gut is telling me that pairing the Allens gets me 30-40 from WR (this pair has done this most weeks)...but that is putting all my eggs in a Jax basket.

check game day but I'd do Dez, Calvin and Wes if it's a PPR.

Figuring out who to start at 2 RB slots and FLEX. Standard scoring.

Justin Forsett
Jonathan Stewart
Jeremy Langford
Charcandrick West
Giovani Bernard
Jordan Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom