• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cappa

Banned
Losing Dion Lewis is going to be tough.

I need help with this.

I got an offer for DEANGELO WILLIAMS!! This dude is HOT and I believe he will be for the rest of the season (if healthy).

So the offer is. DW for Ingram + Stephen Gostkowski. I feel bad losing the number 1 kicker but I think I can manage because there are many Kickers in waiver (picking up Vinatieri). What do you think? Yay or Nay?

Here is my current lineup

jcpLVLz.png
Wow I would have hit accept as soon as I saw this. In all the games DeAngelo has played with bell out would make him the #1 RB in football in terms of fantasy points per game above devonta Freeman

Also kickers are the position you need to worry the least about it they are the most replaceable position in fantasy.

Pick up Connor Barth if he's still available or just stream kickers. Wasting anything but a second to last or last round pick on a kicker is silly

Cappa

Banned
For all those asking if you should pick up Karlos Williams, the answer is yes, I'm amazed he's on waivers still in your leagues.... He's owned in every league I'm in.

When Karlos has been healthy he's at times looked and played better than Mccoy

Worth dropping Lafell for injury prone Watkins? Either one would be 5th WR on my depth chart so I guess it doesn't matter too much. I have Brady as a QB so that's why I have been hanging on to Lafell if he ever does have to start for me.

ACE 1991

Worth dropping Lafell for injury prone Watkins? Either one would be 5th WR on my depth chart so I guess it doesn't matter too much. I have Brady as a QB so that's why I have been hanging on to Lafell if he ever does have to start for me.

Giants' pass defense is total ass (31st in the league I believe), so honestly I'd think about starting him next week instead of trading him.

Dazzler

would you guys burn a waiver spot on Joique Bell?

He's available in my league

Either going to go for him or Rashad Jennings

would you guys burn a waiver spot on Joique Bell?

He's available in my league

Either going to go for him or Rashad Jennings

I honestly wouldn't. How big is your league? In my 12 team league all 3 of Detroit's RBs are on the WW...for a good reason lol. I would favor Jennings over Bell, but that's still like picking your favorite poison.

Dazzler

I honestly wouldn't. How big is your league? In my 12 team league all 3 of Detroit's RBs are on the WW...for a good reason lol. I would favor Jennings over Bell, but that's still like picking your favorite poison.

12 team league

I suck at running back

I've got Todd Gurley, Andre Ellington, Davi Cobb and Darren Sproles

necrosis

For all those asking if you should pick up Karlos Williams, the answer is yes, I'm amazed he's on waivers still in your leagues.... He's owned in every league I'm in.

When Karlos has been healthy he's at times looked and played better than Mccoy

this is worth reiterating

he has managed to put up double-digit points even while mccoy is healthy

Need advice for my flex play - this is a 14 team league, so I feel lucky to even have options. Just need to make the best one.

Also - just traded Hurns for West since I needed a RB more than a WR. Miss you, Bell. Miss you a ton.

TylerD

12 team league

I suck at running back

I've got Todd Gurley, Andre Ellington, Davi Cobb and Darren Sproles

10 team standard league. I only have 2 right now D. Murray and F. Gore so I need to pick up someone. I wanted to pick up a player that I dropped last Thursday so I dropped my 3rd RB Woodhead before the Monday night game. Now I can't grab him until Nov 12th off waivers. Woodhead is on a bye anyway so even if I get him back I still need a RB to go this week. Thinking I might grab R Mathews and use the Murray and Mathews Philly combo this week.

Cappa

Banned
Wow Sammy Watkins is available? Yes drop Lafell... Watkins is a stud

Cappa

Banned
Need advice for my flex play - this is a 14 team league, so I feel lucky to even have options. Just need to make the best one.

Also - just traded Hurns for West since I needed a RB more than a WR. Miss you, Bell. Miss you a ton.
Karlos Williams needs to be in your starting lineup

Apath

Would this be a good trade to a guy who just lost Luck?: Cam Newton + Travis Kelce for Charcandrick West

I'm currently rocking Lamar Miller, Alfred Blue, Matt Jones, and Charles Sim at RB; Benjamin Watson is my other TE and Dalton my starting QB. He has Luck and Cutler for QB, Julius Thomas as his TE, and his RBs are Justin Forsett, Antonio Andrews, Shane Vereen, and Charcandrick West.

I'm also looking to shop around Dante Moncrief, however I feel his value has now tanked with Luck out.

Have Karlos Williams and Starks on the waiver, but doubt I'll get either of them with how everyone has been snatching up RB.

Badosh

Would this be a good trade to a guy who just lost Luck?: Cam Newton + Travis Kelce for Charcandrick West

I'm currently rocking Lamar Miller, Alfred Blue, Matt Jones, and Charles Sim at RB; Benjamin Watson is my other TE and Dalton my starting QB. He has Luck and Cutler for QB, Julius Thomas as his TE, and his RBs are Justin Forsett, Antonio Andrews, Shane Vereen, and Charcandrick West.

I'm also looking to shop around Dante Moncrief, however I feel his value has now tanked with Luck out.

Have Karlos Williams and Starks on the waiver, but doubt I'll get either of them with how everyone has been snatching up RB.

Well, I mean, I would rather have Cam and Kelce over West, so I don't think it's a great trade for you, even though your RBs are blah besides Miller. Plus his RBs are in a similar situation to you, so, don't really know what I'd do with this.

Apath

Well, I mean, I would rather have Cam and Kelce over West, so I don't think it's a great trade for you, even though your RBs are blah besides Miller. Plus his RBs are in a similar situation to you, so, don't really know what I'd do with this.
When it comes to Kelce vs Watson, the way I see it is that the tradeoff will probably only be a few fantasy points. However Alfred Blue had both not established himself to be a reliable starter RB but also doesn't have the best schedule for the playoffs. Charizard has a solid schedule coming up and has established himself to be at the very least startable. Cam is good, but I feel like he is overdue for a sharp decline.. not sure why.

Badosh

When it comes to Kelce vs Watson, the way I see it is that the tradeoff will probably only be a few fantasy points. However Alfred Blue had both not established himself to be a reliable starter RB but also doesn't have the best schedule for the playoffs. Charizard has a solid schedule coming up and has established himself to be at the very least startable. Cam is good, but I feel like he is overdue for a sharp decline.. not sure why.

Yeah, I see your points, it's a toss up for me, considering the situation. Unless your trade deadline is this week, I'd see if West has a bad game against the DEN D and buy low then.

As for Cam, he has a pretty good schedule R.O.S. so, unless he gets hurt I don't see him declining much.

VoxPop

Is Anquan Boldin droppable for Dorial Green-Beckham?

I would say so. I would no way in hell trust Blaine Gabbert on top of Boldin being bad. That being said, I'm not sure how long DGB will be viable. He did well with Kendall Wright out but I'm not sure how he'll be ROS. I personally have DGB stashed though and would start him over Boldin any day.

I would say so. I would no way in hell trust Blaine Gabbert on top of Boldin being bad. That being said, I'm not sure how long DGB will be viable. He did well with Kendall Wright out but I'm not sure how he'll be ROS. I personally have DGB stashed though and would start him over Boldin any day.

Thanks breh. I don't trust starting Boldin as it is and he's just riding pine if my starters get hurt anyway so I'll take a shot on DGB.

Herbs

Banned
Man, maybe I missed the mark with this trade but I offered up Calvin Johnson, Travis Kelce, and Eddie Lacy just for Gronk and the dude just comes back at me with ridiculous offers. I don't know. He was hurting in Wide Receivers so I figured Johnson should be valuable and I've got an abundance of WR to trade. Meh

SleazyC

.5 PPR 10-team league.

RB I have Gurley, Ingram, West, Woodhead, Stewart, K. Williams.

I am trying to trade for Antonio Brown and wondering if I should package together West or Woodhead alongside some other assets. ROS I feel like Woodhead could produce more but West has looked great from the small sample size. Anyone have any thoughts?

Trade I am looking at is Landy + West + Stewart for Brown to a guy who is on the playoff bubble and needs RB's badly.

Cappa

Banned

My mistake on this I confused kelce with Eifert like I always do(Eifert is the second best Te in fantasy not kelce) Try trading kelce and lamar Miller for an upgrade at RB. But in my option The other owner is not going to trade charcandrick west for your offer. His back up is Jay cutler, he's more than fine and would need a rb2 more than he needs a QB
Is Anquan Boldin droppable for Dorial Green-Beckham?
Anquan Boldin has been droppable since week 2.
Man, maybe I missed the mark with this trade but I offered up Calvin Johnson, Travis Kelce, and Eddie Lacy just for Gronk and the dude just comes back at me with ridiculous offers. I don't know. He was hurting in Wide Receivers so I figured Johnson should be valuable and I've got an abundance of WR to trade. Meh
You lucked out, that is a horrendous trade for you. Calvin Johnsons schedule is ridiculously favorable. Kelce has had an up and down year thanks to Alex Smith and Andy Reid and I don't know who your other Te is and as much as lacy has stunk it up this year yoy still have to stick with him. Be thankful the other owner is an idiot.

.5 PPR 10-team league.

RB I have Gurley, Ingram, West, Woodhead, Stewart, K. Williams.

I am trying to trade for Antonio Brown and wondering if I should package together West or Woodhead alongside some other assets. ROS I feel like Woodhead could produce more but West has looked great from the small sample size. Anyone have any thoughts?

Trade I am looking at is Landy + West + Stewart for Brown to a guy who is on the playoff bubble and needs RB's badly.
If I'm an Antonio brown owner I'm not trading him for what you are offering. You'd have to give me Gurley in any deal.

Herbs

Banned
My mistake on this I confused kelce with Eifert like I always do(Eifert is the second best Te in fantasy not kelce) Try trading kelce and lamar Miller for an upgrade at RB. But in my option The other owner is not going to trade charcandrick west for your offer. His back up is Jay cutler, he's more than fine and would need a rb2 more than he needs a QB

Anquan Boldin has been droppable since week 2.

You lucked out, that is a horrendous trade for you. Calvin Johnsons schedule is ridiculously favorable. Kelce has had an up and down year thanks to Alex Smith and Andy Reid and I don't know who your other Te is and as much as lacy has stunk it up this year yoy still have to stick with him. Be thankful the other owner is an idiot.

If I'm an Antonio brown owner I'm not trading him for what you are offering. You'd have to give me Gurley in any deal.

I'm covered on the rest of those. Really Gronk would set me up pretty nicely. I don't even need Megatron in my lineup so he's just sitting there as valuable trade fodder

ElFly

So I have Eli Manning and Matt Stafford as QB, which play the Giants vs New England, and Det. Lions vs GB Packers.

Should I side with Manning? That has been my choice all this season, but Stafford has outperformed Manning a couple of times. Manning seems to have been playing p well lately.

182Ways

I am hurting at RB right now. I dropped Dion Lewis and I plan to have Lacy on the bench until further notice. I wasn't able to snag Starks off the wire this week. The only one I have starting so far is Gio Bernard.

Here's who's available: J. White and B. Bolden from NE, Joique Bell and Ameer Abdullah from Detroit, CJ Spiller, and Isaiah Crowell.

Any ideas? I might just bite the bullet and throw Lacy back into the lineup but he seems hopeless at this point.

Dazzler

Been offered Forsett + Megatron for Edelman in a PPR league. Would you guys take it?

I'm hurting for depth, so two for one helps me. I'd have the following if it went through:

WR

Dez
Megatron
Kendall Wright
Willie Snead
DGB

RB

Todd Gurley
J. Forsett
Andre Ellington
David Cobb
Joique Bell

Tom Nook

So I have Eli Manning and Matt Stafford as QB, which play the Giants vs New England, and Det. Lions vs GB Packers.

Should I side with Manning? That has been my choice all this season, but Stafford has outperformed Manning a couple of times. Manning seems to have been playing p well lately.

Tough one, I can see both QBs can go off throwing to their respected top receivers. I would roll with Manning, gut feeling Giants beats NE in a super bowl repeat.

Tom Nook

I am hurting at RB right now. I dropped Dion Lewis and I plan to have Lacy on the bench until further notice. I wasn't able to snag Starks off the wire this week. The only one I have starting so far is Gio Bernard.

Here's who's available: J. White and B. Bolden from NE, Joique Bell and Ameer Abdullah from Detroit, CJ Spiller, and Isaiah Crowell.

Any ideas? I might just bite the bullet and throw Lacy back into the lineup but he seems hopeless at this point.

That hurts. Out of that list, I would go with Crowell with McCown back playing.

I need TE and K help. I currently have Charles Clay vs Jets but he only got 1 pt last week. Do you think I should go with Richard Rodgers vs Det? I also have Sefarian-Jenkins on the bench but he's questionable and hasn't played in weeks.

For kicker I have Nugent vs Hou but I was thinking of picking up Zuerlin vs Chi or Catanzaro vs Sea.

Thoughts? Thanks

ACE 1991

I REALLY need some help this week, my team has so many different options for lineups and I'm not sure who to start. I have the 3rd best record in my 12-man league though, so I'm really trying to make a push here.

bC5oC1E.jpg

Here are my thoughts for my 12-man standard scoring lineup:

QB: Bortles since Big Ben is out. Nothing to discuss here.
RB 1: Latavius Murray (@Min), Langford (@StL) West (@Den) Darren McFadden (@TB)
My gut reaction is to put in McFadden, as he is likely to have the biggest game. Langford and West both have bad matchups.

RB2: Latavius Murray (@Min), Langford (@StL) West (@Den) Darren McFadden (@TB)
Not sure what to do here; do I roll with Murray?

WR 1: Cobb (@Det), Jordan Matthews (@Mia), LaFell (@ NYG), James Jones (@Det)
Gut reaction here says that Cobb should be the WR1.

WR 2: Cobb (@Det), Jordan Matthews (@Mia), LaFell (@ NYG), James Jones (@Det)
This one is a little tougher. Matthews is coming off a great week, but Detroit could allow Jones to put up huge TD points. LaFell could also be great against that anemic NYG secondary, but he hasn't put up much this season.

TE: Eifert, no question.

FLEX: NO IDEA what to do here, as this will be predicated on my selections at RB and WR.

Any help guys? Thanks!

gutshot

Been offered Forsett + Megatron for Edelman in a PPR league. Would you guys take it?

I'm hurting for depth, so two for one helps me. I'd have the following if it went through:

WR

Dez
Megatron
Kendall Wright
Willie Snead
DGB

RB

Todd Gurley
J. Forsett
Andre Ellington
David Cobb
Joique Bell

That looks like a really good deal for you. You get a decent RB2 for little-to-no downgrade at WR. Do it.

Tom Nook

WR

Dez
Megatron
Kendall Wright
Willie Snead
DGB

RB

Todd Gurley
J. Forsett
Andre Ellington
David Cobb
Joique Bell

I would take it. It would really more dept to your RB and WR corp. Losing Edelman is bad but with NE being undefeated now, they're OK in throwing the ball to new guys.

alright fellas, hoping to get some validation that I didn't make a bad move right here:

I traded Mike Evans for Frank Gore and Brandon LaFell. Evans just had a big week but has had a disappointing season. Frank Gore is mediocre, but I felt I was in some trouble at running back and needed to shore it up a bit. Eddie Lacy is killing me.

My RB's:
Eddie Lacy, James Starks, Mark Ingram, Jeremy Langford, Frank Gore

My WR's:
Allen Hurns, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Donte Montecrief, Brandon LaFell, Danny Amendola

.5 ppr, 10 team league

Did I fuck up?

Beach

There's a chance Murray doesn't this week so try Marcel Reece as a deep sleeper

alright fellas, hoping to get some validation that I didn't make a bad move right here:

I traded Mike Evans for Frank Gore and Brandon LaFell. Evans just had a big week but has had a disappointing season. Frank Gore is mediocre, but I felt I was in some trouble at running back and needed to shore it up a bit. Eddie Lacy is killing me.

My RB's:

My WR's:
Allen Hurns, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Donte Montecrief, Brandon LaFell, Danny Amendola

.5 ppr, 10 team league

Did I fuck up?

No, I think that was a good trade for you. Lafell will probably see more targets with Lewis out.

Ptaaty

Need some thoughts on who to start I need one WR and one Flex from the following:
Calvin J, Brandon Marshall, C West, Dez.

Right now I am leaning Calvin and Dez.

goober

Picked up Karlos Williams over Starks.

Starks has just been named the number 1 back in Green Bay according to McCarthy. I needed a back to start this week too cause mine are all on bye.

Hope it pays off!

Cappa

Banned

WR

Dez
Megatron
Kendall Wright
Willie Snead
DGB

RB

Todd Gurley
J. Forsett
Andre Ellington
David Cobb
Joique Bell

oh my god yes do it.. that is a ridiculously good trade for you

Forsett and Megatron will be RB1 and WR1 rest of the way.

Cappa

Banned

My RB's:

My WR's:

.5 ppr, 10 team league

Did I fuck up?

not a fan of Lafell but you're fine.... with Andrew Luck out Gore is going to be fed the ball like crazy.

Tom Nook

Didn't pickup K. Williams; I had him but had to drop him being concussed and need the space.

My divisional rival picked him up who is a game behind me.

This might bite me in the ass. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom