• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

What does everyone think of Danny Woodhead in a standard scoring league? Obviously, in a PPR league he is a legit RB2 but will he get enough yards and TDs in a standard league to give me RB2 value? Asking because I'm thinking of trading Doug Martin and one of my WR2s for a WR1 and would need to start Woodhead as my RB2 the rest of the way.

Badosh

What does everyone think of Danny Woodhead in a standard scoring league? Obviously, in a PPR league he is a legit RB2 but will he get enough yards and TDs in a standard league to give me RB2 value? Asking because I'm thinking of trading Doug Martin and one of my WR2s for a WR1 and would need to start Woodhead as my RB2 the rest of the way.

I think he's a low-end RB2, so not the worst move if you can get a good WR1.

Ptaaty

Who do I play at FLEX? T.J Yeldon, LeSean McCoy, Jordan Matthews, or Chris Johnson?

Yeldon or Johnson, probably yeldon. He is an everydown back and the offense will be moving down the field against the weak Ravens. Johnson could be limited by more ellington this week and an improving seattle D (in SEA).

Mccoy has a tough matchup and the greatest TD vulture - K Williams can limit him.

Ptaaty

Probably an OK trade...but I prioritize RB strength above all else. Sounds like you will be getting pretty weak there....and you better be getting a major WR upgrade, lower WR1 isn't much off of a mid WR2 week to week....but dropping from borderline RB1 to lower RB2 is a bit dicey this year, I'd want the depth.

Choomp

Banned
Yeldon or Johnson, probably yeldon. He is an everydown back and the offense will be moving down the field against the weak Ravens. Johnson could be limited by more ellington this week and an improving seattle D (in SEA).

Mccoy has a tough matchup and the greatest TD vulture - K Williams can limit him.

I also have Ellington, is he a viable option?

So. How do you guys like this trade roundabout.

I traded: Eli and Charcandarick West to get Matt Forte and Doug Martin, and then that team traded Eli for Bortles, the receiving Team of Eli is trading me Eli for Tannehill and Antonio Andrews. Meanwhile all in due process I got Frank Gore for Terrance Williams and Antonio Gates (I already have Greg Olsen).

As a longtime Jordan Reed owner, I'm aware he's a very talented TE but man, he's injury-prone. I've backed myself up by also rostering Crockett Gilmore, but with the deadline approaching I'm in full trade mode. Would a package of Jordan Reed/Duke Johnson Jr. (only talented RB in Cleveland)/ and Cecil Shorts III (will slide in as #2 WR again) get it done for Delanie Walker and Charles Sims?

As a longtime Jordan Reed owner, I'm aware he's a very talented TE but man, he's injury-prone. I've backed myself up by also rostering Crockett Gilmore, but with the deadline approaching I'm in full trade mode. Would a package of Jordan Reed/Duke Johnson Jr. (only talented RB in Cleveland)/ and Cecil Shorts III (will slide in as #2 WR again) get it done for Delanie Walker and Charles Sims?

Really depends on the other guy's roster. Would I prefer to have Delanie Walker over Reed or Gilmore? Unquestionably. I feel like Sims and Duke are a wash though. Duke gets the lion's share of his points from receptions (as a RB he has virtually no traction in the graveyard that is Cleveland's running game) but Sims is similarly buried behind Doug Martin. And Cecil Shorts...uh...really not excited about him at all in a Houston offense. But maybe they go into FU mode...

UberTag

no way - i wouldn't touch Ellington for a while.
Ellington isn't startable but I do think he could be usable if Chris Johnson went down. Arians seems to prefer leaning on his veterans over rookies so David Johnson would really have to do something outlandish to get much work even in that scenario.

Cagey

Banned
After a third weekly high score was dropped on my head, I sit at 5-4. I'm in a veritable tie for most points scored and have the most points scored against me by a mile.

I lead a three-way tie for the 4th and final playoff spot by the points scored tiebreaker, and we're all one game back of the 6-3 logjam for 1-2-3. With 8 teams within 2 games of one another, trade targets are hard to come by.

For QB2...
Mariota v. Carolina
Bradford v. Miami

Better player versus better matchup situation. I'm leaning Mariota.

Dazzler

Ellington isn't startable but I do think he could be usable if Chris Johnson went down. Arians seems to prefer leaning on his veterans over rookies so David Johnson would really have to do something outlandish to get much work even in that scenario.

I've been holding Ellington all season waiting for CJ2K to slow down and it just hasn't happened

Ugh do I actually play Karlos Williams this week? Everyone's super high on him but McCoy seems to be fine so I'm concerned about touches and it's a tough matchup. What do you guys suggest, it's a standard scoring league amd it's between him and LaFell and Desean Jackson as a flex play.

Cappa

Banned
Blount, West, Starks, Karlos Williams... pick 3

I'm leaning towards the first 3, and leaving williams on my bench
West Starks Williams

Ugh do I actually play Karlos Williams this week? Everyone's super high on him but McCoy seems to be fine so I'm concerned about touches and it's a tough matchup. What do you guys suggest, it's a standard scoring league amd it's between him and LaFell and Desean Jackson as a flex play.
Karlos Williams without question the bills run it enough times where he will get enough touches to be productive plus he's played better than Mccoy people are sleeping on him because he was out for awhile with a concussion plus his style of running(downhilldownhill) matches up better with the Jets defense. The Jets have been burned by RBs like Williams and have stopped RBs like Mccoy
After a third weekly high score was dropped on my head, I sit at 5-4. I'm in a veritable tie for most points scored and have the most points scored against me by a mile.

I lead a three-way tie for the 4th and final playoff spot by the points scored tiebreaker, and we're all one game back of the 6-3 logjam for 1-2-3. With 8 teams within 2 games of one another, trade targets are hard to come by.

For QB2...
Mariota v. Carolina
Bradford v. Miami

Better player versus better matchup situation. I'm leaning Mariota.
yeah mariotta is legit but so is that Carolina defense I'd go Bradford

great trade for you but why would the other team downgrade at both positions?

So. How do you guys like this trade roundabout.

I traded: Eli and Charcandarick West to get Matt Forte and Doug Martin, and then that team traded Eli for Bortles, the receiving Team of Eli is trading me Eli for Tannehill and Antonio Andrews. Meanwhile all in due process I got Frank Gore for Terrance Williams and Antonio Gates (I already have Greg Olsen).
Hard to follow but you got Forte and Doug Martin for peanuts so it's solid

TylerD

Forgot to put in my waiver claim for Woodhead and someone else grabbed him this morning. Now I have D. Murray, F. Gore and R. Mathews... at least I have a handcuff for Murray. :/

I have Big Ben and Stafford on my roster. Should I go out my way to get Cousins and play him instead of Stafford for this week, or ride with Stafford? This wouldn't even be considered if Cousins wasn't playing New Orleans.

Tom Nook

I would start Williams over those two you mention.

I have Big Ben and Stafford on my roster. Should I go out my way to get Cousins and play him instead of Stafford for this week, or ride with Stafford? This wouldn't even be considered if Cousins wasn't playing New Orleans.

I wouldnt touch any Lions Players until the franchise finds some semblance of stability

Cappa

Banned
Is Tyrod Taylor mariotta or bortles not available?

If not stick with Stafford

Is Tyrod Taylor mariotta or bortles not available?

If not stick with Stafford

Stafford is up against GB

His numbers dip significantly against competent teams and Green Bay is coming off a nasty loss and have home field advantage

IM not feeling his chances of being in the double digits

Tom Nook

Cousins is a better option over Stafford. Roll with Cousins, it may be a shootout against NO.

fep

Demarco Murray
Chris Ivory
Doug Martin
Lamar Miller

Standard Yahoo with .5 PPR, Pick three.

I always seem to bench Miller when he goes off...

So someone in my Ppr league is wanting me to trade them Adrian Peterson and in return are offering TY Hilton and one of either Jon brown, Melvin Gordon or Matt Jones. My other rbs are Tj Yeldon, Alfred Blue and Jeremy hill. AP is clearly the best of the bunch but my wr corps (smith sr, Keenan Allen, Malcolm Floyd, Vince Jackson) has been destroyed by injuries. This league is also a 3 wr/2 rb set. Would you take the deal? And if so which of the three would you take between brown, Gordon or jones?

Jarlaxle

I need some help on who to play this week. Normal ESPN league.

I have Gurley as my RB1 so he's obvious.

RB2 could be either Yeldon or Karlos Williams?

Flex could be Yeldon/Williams, Martavis Bryant, Brandin Cooks, or Stefon Diggs?

Who would you play RB2 and who would you play for Flex? Thanks in advance.

So someone in my Ppr league is wanting me to trade them Adrian Peterson and in return are offering TY Hilton and one of either Jon brown, Melvin Gordon or Matt Jones. My other rbs are Tj Yeldon, Alfred Blue and Jeremy hill. AP is clearly the best of the bunch but my wr corps (smith sr, Keenan Allen, Malcolm Floyd, Vince Jackson) has been destroyed by injuries. This league is also a 3 wr/2 rb set. Would you take the deal? And if so which of the three would you take between brown, Gordon or jones?

Ugh... Jones is a damn gamble. I know RBs have been a total crapshoot this season overall.

Melvin isnt faring much better

I have no idea on Jon Brown. You are kind of screwed so far. I would say Jones has the highest potential cap of the three IF he gets enough work. Thats a big IF

I wouldn't do that trade in a 12 team league. Isn't there decent WRs on the waiver wire? If not, and if this is a deeper league you might not have any choice given your circumstances. If those are the only WRs you have then I would take TY and John Brown.

Yeldon has the more favorable matchup i would say

Flex Diggs IF Bridgewater plays.

I wouldn't do that trade in a 12 team league. Isn't there decent WRs on the waiver wire? If not, and if this is a deeper league you might not have any choice given your circumstances. If those are the only WRs you have then I would take TY and John Brown.

There's like nothing. Last week I had to scramble to try and grab someone due to injuries and the best available ended up being Nelson agohlar, who is not only not very good but didn't even play. I think because it's effectively a 4 wr league for most players (3 wr slots plus a flex) the pickings are slim.

Instro

Which 2 to start...

Jeremy Langford
James White
David Cobb
Joique Bell

Langford is obvious, but the 2nd pick not so much. My RB situation is awful.

Which 2 to start...

Jeremy Langford
James White
David Cobb
Joique Bell

White

When in doubt follow a top tier team and quarterback. Brady and that offense spreads the ball really well so the whole team tends to produce

Cappa

Banned
Stafford is up against GB

His numbers dip significantly against competent teams and Green Bay is coming off a nasty loss and have home field advantage

IM not feeling his chances of being in the double digits

Cousins is a better option over Stafford. Roll with Cousins, it may be a shootout against NO.

Stafford is averagin 21 fpg in his last 4 games against Green Bay and Green Bay is allowing 29.5 pts to QBs in their last 4 games.

Off the bye week, new OC with something to prove. I'd feel more comfortable with Stafford, Cousins hasn't done anything all year. Yes he has a more than favorable matchup but I feel it'll be a trap game.

Cappa

Banned
Demarco Murray
Chris Ivory
Doug Martin
Lamar Miller

Standard Yahoo with .5 PPR, Pick three.

I always seem to bench Miller when he goes off...

Murray
Martin
Ivory

Eagles D has been solid against RBs.

No I wouldn't do it. TY Hilton is going to have Hasselbeck throwing to him for the next 4-5 games and you're going to have him on the bye. So hes worthless to you this week.

Your RBs are OK with Yeldon and Hill (Blue sucks) but I wouldn't do that deal, not for Hilton and not the situation he's in. The colts will be a dink and dunk team with a whole lot Frank Gore. I'd try to get Hilton but not for AP.

RB 2 Yeldon and for your FLEX and a toss up between Cooks and Bryant, but I'd lean towards Cooks he's been solid these past 4 weeks and the Redskins secondary is banged up and terrible.

Murray
Martin
Ivory

Eagles D has been solid against RBs.

No I wouldn't do it. TY Hilton is going to have Hasselbeck throwing to him for the next 4-5 games and you're going to have him on the bye. So hes worthless to you this week.

Your RBs are OK with Yeldon and Hill (Blue sucks) but I wouldn't do that deal, not for Hilton and not the situation he's in. The colts will be a dink and dunk team with a whole lot Frank Gore. I'd try to get Hilton but not for AP.

Agree with this

RBs are at too high a premium right now

iamtheb

I made a trade today. First, I'll give you my team:

QB: Bortles, Romo
RB: Gurley, Forsett, Starks, Lacy, Ellington, and James White
WR: AJ Green, Mike Evans, Jarvis Landry, Lafell, and Jordan Matthews
TE: Kelce
D: PHI
K: Gould

I traded Gurley and Kelce for Brees, Ivory, and Barnidge. I will be dropping Romo. My thinking was that I'm getting a RB1 in return, a QB I feel much more comfortable starting in Brees, and a pretty decent improvement for my TE. I still have bye weeks for Brees and Barnidge to worry about but being tied for first currently (due to nothing but pure luck), I felt comfortable taking a chance that could increase my odds of winning our playoffs.

I traded Gurley and Kelce for Brees, Ivory, and Barnidge. I will be dropping Romo. My thinking was that I'm getting a RB1 in return, a QB I feel much more comfortable starting in Brees, and a pretty decent improvement for my TE. I still have bye weeks for Brees and Barnidge to worry about but being tied for first currently (due to nothing but pure luck), I felt comfortable taking a chance that could increase my odds of winning our playoffs.

Bold move. I wouldn't have done it myself but your reasoning is sound. Good luck.

Cappa

Banned
Which 2 to start...

Jeremy Langford
James White
David Cobb
Joique Bell

yikes

Well, I haven't heard anything on Cobb whether he's playing or not, so he's out and Titans have stated Antonio Andrews is "their guy" so we'll see on that situation.

It's a toss up between Bell and White.... I feel like a lot of people are going to get burned on White / Bolden / Blount this week but i don't trust Bell either (although with Abdullah struggling big time he might get the load of the carries)

I'd probably go with White but it's close for me.

Not a horrible trade. Barnidge has a nice ceiling as far as TE goes (but so did kelce) so you broke even there. QB is a nice and probably needed upgrade and you also kind of broke even on the RB as well

Not bad

yikes

Well, I haven't heard anything on Cobb whether he's playing or not, so he's out and Titans have stated Antonio Andrews is "their guy" so we'll see on that situation.

It's a toss up between Bell and White.... I feel like a lot of people are going to get burned on White / Bolden / Blount this week but i don't trust Bell either (although with Abdullah struggling big time he might get the load of the carries)

I'd probably go with White but it's close for me.

Ive been brewing over whether bell has sleeper potential in the upcoming game or not..... Id rather gamble on a proven Patriots offense. Even if White only puts up 6-10 points ill be happy

gutshot

Ended up pulling the trigger on my deal. Gave up:

Doug Martin
Sammy Watkins
Brandon LaFell

Received:

Alshon Jeffery
Danny Woodhead
Matthew Stafford

I feel like Martin to Woodhead is at worst a sidegrade (Martin has been trending down of late, while Woodhead is trending up). And Alshon is a huge upgrade over either LaFell or Watkins. Stafford is a throw-in that I'll likely just drop. Now I just have to pray to the injury gods I don't get screwed like I did when I dealt for Charles.

Cappa

Banned

I don't like it... you were more than fine with Bortles as your QB he's on pace to finish in the top 10 in scoring in fantasy this year for QBs. To me you traded a top 3 fantasy player for a low end QB1 which you already had in Bortles. At least you got Ivory who's solid but I'd still rather have had Gurley especially with his playoff schedule 14 DET 15 Tampa 16 SEA. Hope it works out for you!

Apath

Man, due to the byes this week I'm going with Travis Kelce as my TE and Ben Watson as my flex. I'd rather rock two tight ends than go with either Matt Jones or Charles Sims. Alfred Blue and Lamar Miller are my starting RBs... christ.

AlexMogil

Gz8LDOy.png

Woo FantasyPros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom