• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW

ESPN and Yahoo both have Devonta Freeman on the Undroppables list, which means that league has a pretty ghetto rule to drop it. Suspicious.

Sumidor

Figuring out who to start at 2 RB slots and FLEX. Standard scoring.

Justin Forsett
Jonathan Stewart
Jeremy Langford
Charcandrick West
Giovani Bernard
Jordan Matthews

I like Forsett and West. As for the flex.. If Forte sits, which he's supposed to, I'd go Langford. Otherwise I like Stewart. He's been getting 20+ carries for the last 4 games, but he doesn't get much goal line work, which sucks.

I didn't even know this was a thing. Is this supposed to prevent people dropping studs on accident?

I think it's more about the fear of people who are out of the playoff race(or at any time they feel like it) and want to cause chaos by dropping a big star towards the end of the regular season.

I think it's more about the fear of people who are out of the playoff race(or at any time they feel like it) and want to cause chaos by dropping a big star towards the end of the regular season.

Bingo. Especially in standard one-season leagues; often people like to go on auto pilot once they know the playoffs aren't going to happen so they might dump their roster. This is why Yahoo has a relegation tournament in most leagues as well - to try and keep everyone involved. (But preventing people from making mistakes during the season is another benefit.)

nillapuddin

Omg-Jurrasic-Park-Dinosaurs-Reaction-Gif.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OHc2C-GIH4

I now dont have any running backs on my roster playing this week cause I took Gore and Freeman, but fuck it, Im willing to only use 1 RB this week if the tradeoff was getting those 2 prizes

Cagey

Banned
Martellus Bennett or John Brown?

I must win this week and John Brown potentially posting another DNP bagel despite being active would kill me.

What are the chances Sanders plays tonight? I put him in my flex spot because the only player I can switch him with right now I needed is Chris Johnson.

goober

I have Antonio Brown, Stefon Diggs, and LaFell in today. Would you replace any of those with Calvin Johnson?

LaFell and Diggs have pretty decent matchups against the Giants and Raiders respectively. But Calvin is a stud against a tough defense in Green Bay.

Ptaaty

Bingo. Especially in standard one-season leagues; often people like to go on auto pilot once they know the playoffs aren't going to happen so they might dump their roster. This is why Yahoo has a relegation tournament in most leagues as well - to try and keep everyone involved. (But preventing people from making mistakes during the season is another benefit.)

The relegation / consolation bracket in Yahoo combined with victor getting back buy in has made our 10 team pretty good right to the end.

RBH

Pick 2 (standard PPR league):

-Justin Forsett vs. Jacksonville
-Latavius Murray vs. Minnesota
-Doug Martin vs. Dallas

GrapeApes

I have Antonio Brown, Stefon Diggs, and LaFell in today. Would you replace any of those with Calvin Johnson?

LaFell and Diggs have pretty decent matchups against the Giants and Raiders respectively. But Calvin is a stud against a tough defense in Green Bay.
Probably LaFell. Calvin has a higher ceiling. LaFell going to get his but there are more mouths to feed in New England

Ptaaty

Much like my conundrum, you have a number of players with high potential but a few with higher risk.

Calvin has the best chance to get 20 point IMO, but the best chance to get 5 as well...been so boom or bust and an ankle tweak and hell be a no show. Brown is so QB dependent - but he isn't off the radar with Landry Jones as QB. Diggs has a weak Raiders secondary...but they just got back key players...and Bridgewater is inconsistent.

I'm actually pretty high on Lafell. Getting a bigger share every week, reduced drops, no Dion Lewis (RB I know..but caught passes), could be high scoring game.

phanphare

Banned

I'd look at Green Bay's secondary. if they're still banged up I'd put Calvin in.

Did I pick up and immediately drop Rawls just so my opponent can't use him tonight if Lynch can't go? Yes, yes I did.

Your opponent should have Rawls on his bench as a cuff since Lynch has been questionable every week. As a Lynch owner who has carried Rawls for all but two weeks I do not feel sympathy for him in this case.

Cappa

Banned
Dolphin RB Jay Ajayi is expected to be more active today, particularly in the red-zone, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Hope you guys picked him up this week... if your other options are slim do to injuries and/or matchups he's a high risk high reward this week.

goober

Alright, benched Diggs for Calvin. Tough choice. But I'm high on LaFell as well, at least for this week.

Thanks for your help guys. Hope it pays off!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
That feeling when one of your opponents players for the morning game has been ruled inactive and you hope they don't catch it in time is intense.

Need suggestion for flex

Starks (GB vs. Det)
Langford (Chi vs. STL)
Kamar Aiken (Bal vs. Jac)
Willie Snead (NO vs. Was)

As of right now I have Starks in the flex. Dunno if I trust Langford against the Rams D. Aiken also hasn't proven much yet. I don't like starting two WR's from the same team and Cook has been more consistent for me.

Right pick?

Other RBS I have starting are McFadden and DeAngelo Williams.

WR: Diggs and Cooks (have Snead on bench)

Milabrega

^^ yeah Starks is the starter there.

Edwardo I would go Hill too.

PPR:

Ronnie Hillman vs KC or Matt Jones vs NO?

In flex I have Sanders at 4:15 who may not play, but my only other options are at 1. Who do I play: Sanders, Aiken, or one of those two RB's I listed above? I could try to go with Sanders but if he doesn't play my only option would be Andre Ellington in the night game.

If Lynch is out, Rawls or Alfred Blue? Alternatively, would you take Rawls over Kelce or Benjamin Watson?

If Lynch sits I'm going to start Rawls. I feel like he's going to try and make the most of his time, he's explosive, and yes they're up against a tough D this week but I think his hype will make a huge difference.

UraMallas

I just picked up TE Richard Rodgers and substituted him in for Travis Kelce this week. Am I stupid for doing this? 20 minutes to tell me one way or the other.

Need suggestion for flex

Starks (GB vs. Det)
Langford (Chi vs. STL)
Kamar Aiken (Bal vs. Jac)
Willie Snead (NO vs. Was)

As of right now I have Starks in the flex. Dunno if I trust Langford against the Rams D. Aiken also hasn't proven much yet. I don't like starting two WR's from the same team and Cook has been more consistent for me.

Right pick?

Other RBS I have starting are McFadden and DeAngelo Williams.

WR: Diggs and Cooks (have Snead on bench)

I'd keep Starks in. Lacy got moved to the 2nd spot and is still probably not 100% from last week either, plus they are playing Detroit lol

LQX

Peyton Manning has WRECKED my fantasy standings this season. Such a bad season for me thanks to him.

Edwardo

^^ yeah Starks is the starter there.

Edwardo I would go Hill too.

PPR:

Ronnie Hillman vs KC or Matt Jones vs NO?

In flex I have Sanders at 4:15 who may not play, but my only other options are at 1. Who do I play: Sanders, Aiken, or one of those two RB's I listed above? I could try to go with Sanders but if he doesn't play my only option would be Andre Ellington in the night game.

I'd go Hillman. The Saints D gross, but I really can't trust the Redskins' running backs.

Sanders is prob your best option. I'd risk it starting him and then have Ellington as a worst case scenario.

UraMallas

that's pretty bush league and wouldn't have been allowed in any league I'm in.

What? That's not bush league. A couple of weeks ago the guy I was playing had both his TEs on bye so I picked up the next two best TEs in the league so he had to go further down the ladder. Ended up burning me, though, because the TE he picked up went off for something like 15 points. Haha. Thems the breaks.

Peyton Manning has WRECKED my fantasy standings this season. Such a bad season for me thanks to him.

I ditched him weeks ago. You should just go out and pick up the next best QB. There is still hope! Well, depending on your record, there is still hope!

nillapuddin

Hope you guys picked him up this week... if your other options are slim do to injuries and/or matchups he's a high risk high reward this week.

hmmm

damn, just rolled the dice and dropped TY to pick him up for this week

(Sanders, Marshall, Brown, Bryant other WR)

nillapuddin

You got to be kidding me.....

yeah im nervous, im afraid some vodoo black magic will come back on me

ALL IN

dropped TY for Ajayi, but I have PHI DST, so Im kinda betting against myself, but it is what it is, next best available RB was Ameer Abdullah

edit: fuck, opponent has Rodgers-Adams, probably lose this week. Anything would be worth getting Freeman and Gore though.

Milabrega

Sanders not expected to play today. Saw the news a few minutes too late. Here's hoping Andre Ellington outscores Matt Jones and Kamar Aiken. Terrible time to have bye week hell 2.0

Instro

Surely Langford will have a bigger role even when Forte comes back, heck of a touchdown. Looks like Ajayi is doing well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom