• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So on Wednesday I traded Martavis Bryant for Antonio Andrews. I did this because

A) I had no reliable 2nd RB. Besides McCoy my other RB's were Duke Johnson, CMike, and Matt Jones
B) Roethlisberger got hurt again which I figure will hurt Bryant's production
C) Bryant has a bye week and I'm trying to make a push for the playoffs at 4-5
D) I already have 3 WR's that I'm confident in(DT, Macklin, John Brown).

Oh and I traded him to the guy I'm playing this week. I hate fantasy football so much.

Edwardo

ZqtXgH9.png

Cappa

Banned
What? That's not bush league. A couple of weeks ago the guy I was playing had both his TEs on bye so I picked up the next two best TEs in the league so he had to go further down the ladder. Ended up burning me, though, because the TE he picked up went off for something like 15 points. Haha. Thems the breaks.

I ditched him weeks ago. You should just go out and pick up the next best QB. There is still hope! Well, depending on your record, there is still hope!

it's bush league because if it weren't there wouldn't be rules in place to prevent things like that. I refuse to play in a league that lets you pick up and drop a player on game day. In all my leagues its either 24-48 hours before game day you can't pick up and then drop someone immediately, it locks you out.

Thank god for Brandin Cooks and Jordan Reed going ham.
Now I don't even care what happens. I know I'm good.

Also goddamnit Harris why didn't you do this shit last week

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Going to probably lose this week, but at least I didn't play Manning...

m2BHxfq.png

Gronk might have his worst game of the season today and LaFell has been a bust.

And Denver's Defense has absolutely collapsed.

UberTag

The Broncos would be a much better team with Brock Osweiler at quarterback.
Hell, they might be a better team with John Elway at quarterback.

How long until they give Tebow a call? They're one and done in the playoffs with Grandpa Manning in the cold, cold weather.

UberTag

So on Wednesday I traded Martavis Bryant for Antonio Andrews. I did this because

A) I had no reliable 2nd RB. Besides McCoy my other RB's were Duke Johnson, CMike, and Matt Jones
B) Roethlisberger got hurt again which I figure will hurt Bryant's production
C) Bryant has a bye week and I'm trying to make a push for the playoffs at 4-5
D) I already have 3 WR's that I'm confident in(DT, Macklin, John Brown).

Oh and I traded him to the guy I'm playing this week. I hate fantasy football so much.
Don't beat yourself up about it too much... well, okay, maybe dealing him to your opponent this week was a little foolhardy.

You employed sensible logic when dealing Bryant. On bye next week. Facing the lockdown D of the Seahawks in Week 12. And then, if you even make it into the playoffs, he gets the Bengals and Broncos back to back. That's not ideal... plus Ben seems to be toughing it through a new ailment each week.

I dealt Bryant this week in a league where I'm 4-5 for Matt Ryan. He's had a mediocre season but at least it's another guy I can stream with Tannehill. And I was in a similar situation with receiver depth I'm confident in.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I was up big at the end of the 4 pm games. My opponent had AP and West. They both subsequently ripped off 80 yard TD plays. He also had Carson Palmer. I'm conceding the week and not even checking the score. The two 80 Hardee's were such gut punches.

terrible week for me

Just huge underperformances from most of my team

At least I know there was nothing i could have done to win it lol

ACE 1991

What a horseshit week for fantasy. My benched players (West, Langford) who, on paper, had objectively shitty matchups put up huge points. And of course Big Ben, who wasn't supposed to play, dropped 27 pts on my bench. Everyone I started put up nothing.

EDIT: I may still be able to eke out a win though, what do you think my chances are? My opponent has 70 on the board with Bernard (Cin) still left to play, and I have 52 on the board with Bengals D and Eifert still left to play. If Eifert goes off I think I can win, but who knows.

UraMallas

it's bush league because if it weren't there wouldn't be rules in place to prevent things like that. I refuse to play in a league that lets you pick up and drop a player on game day. In all my leagues its either 24-48 hours before game day you can't pick up and then drop someone immediately, it locks you out.
Garbage. It's part of the game. Besides, that still wouldn't apply to any league I'm in. You have to keep the players until Wednesday. You can't just pick them up and drop them.

TylerD

Down 15 in my game with Nuk left to go. Time to wrack up some of those garbage time points!

I need 1 pt from Nuk tonight to move to 8-2. My opponent came storming back with Peterson in that 4th quarter.

Started Carr over Palmer this week but it looks like Palmer is pretty much match-up proof but his ROS schedule is still a bit scary.

ColdPizza

Banned
What are the chances Hoyer will have a decent game vs Cincinatti?

Fantasy wise he's been pretty decent over the last 5 games and CIN has historically be terrible in prime time games.

Tom Nook

What are the chances Hoyer will have a decent game vs Cincinatti?

Fantasy wise he's been pretty decent over the last 5 games and CIN has historically be terrible in prime time games.

True but this is a different CIN team.

As for Hoyer, I can see getting a decent game at the end, he has Hopkins.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Started Chiefs defense in every league I'm in. Saw the writing on the wall for that one.

gutshot

Garbage. It's part of the game. Besides, that still wouldn't apply to any league I'm in. You have to keep the players until Wednesday. You can't just pick them up and drop them.

I don't know what the rules are in other leagues but our league uses the (I think) Yahoo default add/drop rules. All available players go on Waivers until Weds, at which point they are free agents and anyone can add them. All dropped players go to waivers for 3 days. You can add/drop players freely, there is no minimum time they need to be on your roster.

But this guy could have picked up Rawls for free any time between Weds-Sat. He didn't. That's on him. I just made a move to ensure he would be punished for that mistake if Lynch couldn't go. Call it bush league if you want, but I'm playing to win and I'll do anything I can within the rules to make that happen.

Dazzler

Damn, I just traded Edelman away three days ago for Megatron and Forsett, I don't know how to feel about his injury

So unbelievably bad that one of my favourite players went down, and for my bud who was so hyped to get him off me

nillapuddin

For week 11, need to rent a WR. Would Amendola be a better option than Lafell?

I think it will be close ROS, but Danny will probably get the majority of those classic NE (INSERT SHORT WHITE SLOT RECEIVER HERE) check downs for 4 yards that hopefully turn into 8

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
1 of 5 wins away from my leagues playoffs. gotta keep the steamroller going as well as hope some other moons align

worried when forte returns hes going to start sharing with langford

nillapuddin

Gronks TD saved my weekend,

Down 7 with Eifert and Gio, feelin good.

due to the accidental non-drop of NYJ I have 3 DST (saw SEA on waivers and couldnt help myself)

What do you think DST for ROS (Playoffs underlined)

NYJ: @HOU, MIA, @NYG, TEN, @DAL, NE

PHI: TB, @DET, @NE, BUF, ARI, WSH

SEA: SF, PIT, @MIN, @BAL, CLE, STL

To be honest, barring injuries my lineup is so set for the year, I wouldnt even care if I kept all 3 and gambled week to week on which to start

So my fantasy IR list has been extended

RIP Bell
RIP Foster
RIP S. Smith Sr.

and now

RIP Edelman

Honestly I think I should just dump Brady for the safety of the Patriots.

Still managed to sneak in a win (unless bengals D+ Houston kicker combine for 30 points) with having picked up J. Starks and M. Floyd, but this train has basically fallen apart.

FTF

Sigh...only needed 10 points to win so I really screwed up playing Sanders yesterday instead Jones today :/

Oh well, my bigger money team is 7-3 and in first so hopefully that train keeps rolling at least.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Fall this week to 7-3.

Hopefully with Romo coming back and also having Dez, I can make a good run at the playoffs. Though I hope Dez can start catching the ball more and whining for flags less.

And it was a tough thing to finally drop Peyton...

Looking to next week it seems like I'll need a QB. I've got Luck and Bradford, both of who are likely to be out. I've also got Cousins, but I don't see him putting up another 36 on Carolina. So, I've got the following options:

Alex Smith @ SD
Tannehill @ DAL
Fitzpatrick @ HOU
Cutler @ DEN

Or I could try and trade for someone. Any of the above options really worthwhile?

nillapuddin

Looking to next week it seems like I'll need a QB. I've got Luck and Bradford, both of who are likely to be out. I've also got Cousins, but I don't see him putting up another 36 on Carolina. So, I've got the following options:

Alex Smith @ SD
Tannehill @ DAL
Fitzpatrick @ HOU
Cutler @ DEN

Or I could try and trade for someone. Any of the above options really worthwhile?

ouch, thats a tough spot.
I honestly cant say, I dont know much about DAL/SD defenses though

UberTag

Alex Smith @ SD
Tannehill @ DAL
Fitzpatrick @ HOU
Cutler @ DEN

None of them are especially worthwhile... but in the absence of being able to stream the QB facing the Saints next week, I'd prefer Smith out of everyone else on that list.

I think the Texans D showing up tonight may have well saved my fantasy season. Thank you Texans D... you are my fantasy MVP and I don't even own you in any leagues.

Ptaaty

True but this is a different CIN team.

As for Hoyer, I can see getting a decent game at the end, he has Hopkins.

Before the game, I would have agreed...funny how fantasy can be so impossible to predict. Hoyer does nothing then concussed. CIN crapped the bed like old times.

Needed Hopkins and Bengals D to score more than 13.6 points tonight than the Bengals kicker.

They scored 13.7 points more. Won by 0.1 points. By far the smallest I've won a week by.

None of them are especially worthwhile... but in the absence of being able to stream the QB facing the Saints next week, I'd prefer Smith out of everyone else on that list.

I think the Texans D showing up tonight may have well saved my fantasy season. Thank you Texans D... you are my fantasy MVP and I don't even own you in any leagues.

Ugh, yeah. What about Osweiler off the wire? Would make for a fun Sunday!

Edwardo

My rbs are all on a bye this week lol. I'll have to either win out the next three games or possibly lose one to make the playoffs, which would be a victory in itself. Doesn't help I'm playing the first place team this week. The next two weeks should be better, but I literally just lost 72-78 lmao.

Some rbs available (ranked by fantasypros):
37.Shaun Draughn vs SF
47.Chris Polk vs HOU P
48.Kyle Juszczyk vs BAL
50.Denard Robinson vs JAC
53.Marcel Reece vs OAK
54.Mike Tolbert vs CAR
57.Jerick McKinnon vs MIN
60.Tre Mason vs STL
62.Jonathan Grimes vs HOU
63.Ka'Deem Carey vs CHI
64.Matt Asiata vs MIN
65.Bishop Sankey vs TEN
66.Juwan Thompson vs DEN
67.Taiwan Jones vs OAK
68.Fred Jackson vs SEA
69.Fozzy Whittaker vs CAR
70.John Kuhn vs GB

Tom Nook

Before the game, I would have agreed...funny how fantasy can be so impossible to predict. Hoyer does nothing then concussed. CIN crapped the bed like old times.

You know what, I was watching the ESPN pregame show and all of the football experts (Boomer, Young, Lewis, etc) all picked CIN to win and then the commentators hyped Dalton and Eifert the best QB/TE duo the league. I thought to myself.... you jinx them. :(

The Steelers bye week snuck up on me. I have Big Ben, Martavis Bryant, DeAngelo Williams, the Steelers defense and new kicker, lol. Looks like I'm shaking things up this week.

Titans D against Jacksonville or Vikings D against Green Bay? I have to assume Rogers will bounce back at some point, but that Green bay offense looks stuck in mud.

Tom Nook

The Steelers bye week snuck up on me. I have Big Ben, Martavis Bryant, DeAngelo Williams, the Steelers defense and new kicker, lol. Looks like I'm shaking things up this week.

Titans D against Jacksonville or Vikings D against Green Bay? I have to assume Rogers will bounce back at some point, but that Green bay offense looks stuck in mud.

Vikings D, the way they handle the Raiders, go with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom