• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright the outcome of this game determines whether I win any money or not, so I've decided to get some help for this week.

mQ4PFB1.png

I feel like my team is definitely better, but the combo of the Bengals D and Ben/DeAngelo has me a little worried about my point ceiling being a lot lower than usual. The options I've been considering are starting Tyrod instead since there's a chance he'll have a very good game or picking up one of the horrible waiver D's.

5uKgdFw.png

Any help or suggestions are appreciated :)

EDIT: This is a PPR league btw

Tom Nook

Alright the outcome of this game determines whether I win any money or not, so I've decided to get some help for this week.

mQ4PFB1.png

I feel like my team is definitely better, but the combo of the Bengals D and Ben/DeAngelo has me a little worried about my point ceiling being a lot lower than usual. The options I've been considering are starting Tyrod instead since there's a chance he'll have a very good game or picking up one of the horrible waiver D's.

5uKgdFw.png

Any help or suggestions are appreciated :)

EDIT: This is a PPR league btw

I got a feeling that the CIN/PIT will be a high scoring game on both sides.

I would keep Big Ben at start and pickup another D.

Lions vs STL, Buf vs PHI (I doubt PHI will repeat what they did against NE), SF vs CLE are good matchups.

Dazzler

Good day for me, picked up Hightower and traded for Jonathan Stewart

I've got a stable of RBs heading into the playoffs

Gurley
Jonathan Stewart
Thomas Rawls
Buck Allen
Hypetower

TylerD

I just told the Ingram owner who is in 9th place and can't make the playoffs that Ingram is out and it looks like Hightower is the guy to carry the load. He jumped all over it.

edit: AND he also got Spiller! :thumbs up

GrapeApes

Ain't in the playoffs but snatched up Hightower. I bet the Ingram owner gonna be mad. And that's why you should handcuff your guys especially come playoff time

Tom Nook

Would picking up Hightower and dropping Buck Allen be a good idea? Allen's week 15 and 16 schedule doesn't look good.

Badosh

Would picking up Hightower and dropping Buck Allen be a good idea? Allen's week 15 and 16 schedule doesn't look good.

I'd probably keep Allen.

We KNOW he's getting pretty much all the work.

We don't know the situation in NO yet.

PPR or standard?

bluehat9

PPR league, Dez Bryant or Golden Tate, lol?

And its 2qb, I've got big ben, but should my other starter be Rivers or Osweiler? (lol again at actually having to think about these choices)

UberTag

Good day for me, picked up Hightower and traded for Jonathan Stewart

I've got a stable of RBs heading into the playoffs

Gurley
Jonathan Stewart
Thomas Rawls
Buck Allen
Hypetower
A league that allows trades this deep into the season? Especially one with as favorable a schedule as Stewart? That's all sorts of shenanigans.

I have an embarrassment of riches in my 10-team ESPN PPR league despite the fact that I lost Charles early on and have been largely streaming QBs due to Luck's kidney and all-around poor play. Ranked #1 overall with a bye this week.

Have the Muscle Hamster and Rawls as my locked-in starting tandem at RB.
Backed up by West/Ware and Hillman. Scooped up Dion Lewis as a cheap keeper option for next year.

At receiver, I have the 1-2 dynamo connection of the red hot Allen Robinson alongside Jeffery.
Cooks and Baldwin are available for flex duties as needed. Scooped up Kelvin Benjamin for the same reasons as Lewis.

My rock solid TE starter is Greg Olsen.

My QB streamer of choice as of right now is Matthew Stafford. His week 15 opponent... the farce that is the New Orleans Saints defense.
Will trot out the Bucs D against Case Keenum and the Rams next week. Feeling pretty confident.

This is my 7th attempt to win this league. Finished 2nd in 2013 and have a trio of 3rd place finishes to my name.

Need some advice - PPR League.

Spencer Ware KC or David Johnson Arizona?

Heres my current lineup.

Cam Newton
QB - CAR

RB Doug Martin
RB - TB

RB Spencer Ware
RB - KC

WR A.J. Green
WR - CIN

WR DeAndre Hopkins
WR - HOU

TE Tyler Eifert - Hope he returns
TE - CIN

W/R Doug Baldwin
WR - SEA

Graham Gano - Have the option for Dan Bailey
K - CAR

Kansas City Chiefs
DEF

Rbk_3

Need some advice - PPR League.

Spencer Ware KC or David Johnson Arizona?

Heres my current lineup.

Cam Newton
QB - CAR

RB Doug Martin
RB - TB

RB Spencer Ware
RB - KC

WR A.J. Green
WR - CIN

WR DeAndre Hopkins
WR - HOU

TE Tyler Eifert - Hope he returns
TE - CIN

W/R Doug Baldwin
WR - SEA

Graham Gano - Have the option for Dan Bailey
K - CAR

Kansas City Chiefs
DEF

Johnson by a mile

SaviorX

I have luck on the bench hoping he returns next week...

Would you rather start Fitzpatrick against the Titans or Tyrod "T-Mobile" against the Eagles?

Eagles D is pretty bad but I've seen Tyrod play down to competition.

So here's likely my final dilemna for the season unless I win:

Brady @ Houston
or
Wilson @ Baltimore

It's kind of crazy that I'm even considering Wilson because Brady has been my best player all season, but Wilson is hot and Brady has no one to throw to (almost).

Who would you pick?

Rbk_3

Any adjustments to make? Not sure I like Blount at all. My whole bench is projected to each get about 11 points.

PPR

QB Dalton vs Pitt
RB Buck Allen vs Seatte
RB Gore vs Jax
WR Brown vs Cincy
WR Hopkins vs NE
WR Cooper vs Den
TE Kelce vs SD
Flex Blount vs Hou
K Haushka vs Bal
DEF Jets vs Titans

Bench
WR Willie Snead vs TB
WR Green Beckham vs Jets
RB Matt Jones vs Chicago
RB Bilal Powell vs Titans

I got a feeling that the CIN/PIT will be a high scoring game on both sides.

I would keep Big Ben at start and pickup another D.

Lions vs STL, Buf vs PHI (I doubt PHI will repeat what they did against NE), SF vs CLE are good matchups.

i agree, not even CIN D is stopping PIT right now, id drop Witten and pickup DET defense, St Louis has the slimmest chance of doing anything on O and their QBs are interception machines which should get you some extra points

nillapuddin

Hope yall started the Cards tonight!

DAjUplk.png

unfortunately wasting these awesome points on my bye week, but I hope you first rounders are doing well!

goober

David Johnson disappointed a bit. Wish he had got that TD.

What frustrated me was that they took him out for the goal line carries, and the Cardinals went backwards!

Does he normally get taken out at the goalline for those who regularly watch the Cards?

TylerD

What frustrated me was that they took him out for the goal line carries, and the Cardinals went backwards!

Does he normally get taken out at the goalline for those who regularly watch the Cards?

No, earlier in the season he was THE goal line back. He may have been tired or a bit banged up after his almost TD.

I played all my Cards except for John Brown. I have 3 WR spots and I went Evans over JB. The other too are Hopkins and A. Brown

DST, K, QB, RB

Catanzaro has been so consistent and doesn't have a score lower than 6 all year in standard.

Badosh

I believe he got a bit banged up after the TD attempt.

UberTag

Wish he was on my opponents' bench...
At least C.J. Anderson is out of the picture. Can't imagine Juwan Thompson will do much as a replacement unless Hillman's health turns south.

I've got some fun dilemmas in my own league matchup this week. Had to bump Landry down to my 1st flex spot as I'm not thrilled with the downgrade in the Fins' 2nd practice this week. I'm not a fan of questionable Monday night starts after no-shows the previous week (whether it was due to "game plan" or not).

Will get a better vibe after practice tomorrow and correspondent intel on Sunday morning. Hoping Gronk can come around on Sunday night in which case I can start him instead (benching Seferian-Jenkins or Ware to roll the dice on Gronk isn't an option).

Had to drop Chandler since I couldn't take the gamble and wait to see if Gronk is playing or not because Travis Benjamin was nicely wrapped with a Christmas bow waiting for me on the waiver wire. I am playing ASJ this week at TE.

Mcfadden Dal or Chris Ivory Jets? PPR League.

After those 2 fumbles against Washington a little worried playing Mcfadden. But the cowboys passing game is shit so they would likely run it more.

That's the reaction anyone that's started Diggs over the past 5 weeks has had.
He's the new Cordarrelle Patterson.

Well, he was on my bench, and I swapped him in for Steve Johnson at the beginning of the week because of his injury. Didn't even occur to me that the Vikings were playing on Thursday.

pharmx

Gurley and Ivory and it's not even close. I have to decide between Lacy and Starks in a half ppr and it's driving me crazy. Neither are reliable.

Feel your pain with respect to reliability. My RB's going into the playoffs were CJ Anderson, Melvin Gordon, Duke Johnson, and whatever flavor of the week I could snag from the waiver wire. Made it to the playoffs, but will probably get eliminated this week, first round. At any rate, dropped Gordon and Johnson and picked up Sims and Abdullah. Also picked up Hightower and gonna pray for a miracle since I had to bench Anderson due to his injury.

Gronk was on the plane to Houston. Ugh, this sucks since it's the Sunday night game but I'm just gonna have to assume he doesn't play and start Reed instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom