• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

Anderson is hot. I'd run Ivory out as well.

My question. Pick one, PPR:

Woodhead, Bernard, or Jordan Matthews.

Cool, thanks. That is what I was leaning towards.

As to your question, I'd probably start Woodhead. Although Gio is a close second.

I need 2 rbs and a flex from:

Darren McFadden
LeGarrette Blount
Spencer Ware
Brandon LaFell

What do you guys say?

Blount and LaFell for sure. Philly's D is a disaster. McFadden over Ware for the last spot.

I wanted to be sure if I was missing something whe he hit the wire is all.

I've had him all season. He's been a bit of a disappointment overall and hasn't really performed all that well in the last couple of weeks. That being said, given the dearth of good RBs in the league right now, he's still someone you want on your roster. I'm starting him this week alongside Rawls. Maybe the guy who dropped him had a bunch of good RBs and Murray was taking up bench space?

RBs: *DeAngelo Williams (vs. Ind)
*Doug Martin (vs. ATL)
*Javorius Allen (vs. MIA)
Darren McFadden (vs. WAS)
Thomas Rawls (vs. MIN)

WRs: *Julio Jones (vs. TB)
*Emmanuel Sanders (vs. SD)
Kamar Aiken (vs. MIA)
Brandin Cooks (vs. CAR)

Have Williams, Martin, and Allen as my current RB starters/flex and Jones and Sanders as WR.

Almost any of them could start every week and I fear Rawls splitting carries. My starters the best options for this week?

Yeah sit Rawls and McFadden. McFadden could be splitting carries this week. Also Miami's run defense is real shitty so Javorious Allen could be in for another big game and Doug Martin with his resurgence should have another good game against ATL.

Start 2 RBs:

Buck Allen, Mark Ingram, Doug Martin

See above.

UraMallas

I'm benching Demarco Murry this week. My 3 starting RBs in regular scoring league:

Freeman
Ingram
David Johnson

Good or bad idea to bench him?

Tom Nook

Need RB advise (standard league)

Pick 3 out of 4
Ivory vs NYG
Martin vs ATL
J Allen vs MIA
Blount vs PHI

Currently starting Ivory, Martin and Allen. I want to start Blount but who should he replace?

Thanks

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Phew, almost played the Rams D today. That would have been a disaster.

Also, this is probably the only time this season playing the Bears D is a good idea. :lol

Tom Nook

Phew, almost played the Rams D today. That would have been a disaster.

Also, this is probably the only time this season playing the Bears D is a good idea. :lol

Rams pissed me off last couple of weeks. Any Def facing Dal and SF is a good pick. (Picked up WAS Def)

I've had him all season. He's been a bit of a disappointment overall and hasn't really performed all that well in the last couple of weeks. That being said, given the dearth of good RBs in the league right now, he's still someone you want on your roster. I'm starting him this week alongside Rawls. Maybe the guy who dropped him had a bunch of good RBs and Murray was taking up bench space?

He picked up Draughn of the waiver wire apparently.

So for WR

Larry, Crabtree, Thomas, Cooper. Pick 3

I'm leaning Larry, Thomas, Cooper

RB

Murray, David Johnson, TJ Yeldon, john Stewart, and DMC (Pick 2)

I'm leaning Stewart and DMC for starting due to their matchups.

Hazelhurst

For Tightends, I've got the following in both of my leagues:

Tyler Eifert (Out)
Jordan Reed
Austin Seferian-Jenkins

One league I've already clinched a playoff spot. The other league this last game could be a make or break as far as making the playoffs.

Obviously I can't play Eifert. I have to decide whether to take a chance with ASJ or go with the safe play of Jordan Reed. What do y'all think?

UberTag

For Tightends, I've got the following in both of my leagues:

Tyler Eifert (Out)
Jordan Reed
Austin Seferian-Jenkins

One league I've already clinched a playoff spot. The other league this last game could be a make or break as far as making the playoffs.

Obviously I can't play Eifert. I have to decide whether to take a chance with ASJ or go with the safe play of Jordan Reed. What do y'all think?
Reed if you're projected to win or if it's close.
ASJ if you're projected to lose and you need to throw a dart in hopes of a high ceiling day.

That said, I think it's hard to bench Reed in most situations so long as he's healthy... especially in PPR.
He's been good for 5 catches or a score all season long.
Hope ASJ goes off on your bench so he'll be primed to explode against the Saints next weekend.

Hazelhurst

Reed if you're projected to win or if it's close.
ASJ if you're projected to lose and you need to throw a dart in hopes of a high ceiling day.

That said, I think it's hard to bench Reed in most situations so long as he's healthy... especially in PPR.
He's been good for 5 catches or a score all season long.
Hope ASJ goes off on your bench so he'll be primed to explode against the Saints next weekend.

Thanks. I think I'll stick with Reed in make/break match. I'll go with ASJ in the league I've already clinched, since I've got nothing to lose there.

I remember when Mike Evans first came back earlier in the year. He was used as a pure decoy. It's possible, Lovie Smith does this again.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So far it seems I made the right choices. Thank God I didn't play Travis Benjamin.

Unfortunately I'm barely beating my opponent in points playing 4 players, and they're only playing 2 this morning.

Playing team in fantasy football that has Blake Bortles & Allen Robinson
45 points each
Thank god it's a nothing game and I already clinched

My team did awesome in the early games. Everyone who played got at least 12 points outside of my kicker. Happy Baldwin had another big game after I benched him last week. Also made the right move benching Matt Ryan for Jameis Winston.

Badosh

My team did awesome in the early games. Everyone who played got at least 12 points outside of my kicker. Happy Baldwin had another big game after I benched him last week. Also made the right move benching Matt Ryan for Jameis Winston.

Phew, yeah, good one.

I'd drop Ryan, he's been just awful.

Denver D going ham and Brady doing his best comeback attempt sealed the win for me, fucking hell that was a shootout

I still have NO CLUE who to start for the playoffs though. Cam's team is healthy as fuck and dominating, but Brady just makes it happen on his own

nillapuddin

Benched SEA and KC cause I didnt like the matchups

put up 17, 13 points anyways, damn. When a D is good I need to just learn to trust them.

Also, benched Gio for David Johnson ... oops

However.. bench of the week, Carson for Cam :)

despite all the points I left on the bench, Im wining in a land slide

Got that first round bye locked up now

Good luck to everyone else and good health to all your players!

nillapuddin

insane games tonight, also wtf, tom brady basically throwing the ball at a bunch of moving walls out there. Someone catch the damn thing

I was unstoppable all season and my team is so screwed now. The playoffs start next week in my league and it'll be a miracle of I get any further than game one.

cam newton has carried my average ass team as best he can this season. im likely to make playoffs but i think my overreliance on the newton to olsen connection will come back to bite me if carolina clinches a bye week. im thinking of dropping some of my less productive players and digging through the waiver wire to find decent fill in qb/te in case the panthers decide to rest cam and olsen the last weeks of the season

cam newton has carried my average ass team as best he can this season. im likely to make playoffs but i think my overreliance on the newton to olsen connection will come back to bite me if carolina clinches a bye week. im thinking of dropping some of my less productive players and digging through the waiver wire to find decent fill in qb/te in case the panthers decide to rest cam and olsen the last weeks of the season
Doubt they rest Cam on an MVP campaign. Might reduce Olsen's snaps later on but now? Dunno.

Tom Nook

He played all this players and I'm down 16pts with A Brown and Was D still left. Big Ben, please throw it to Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom