• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanphare

Banned
cam newton has carried my average ass team as best he can this season. im likely to make playoffs but i think my overreliance on the newton to olsen connection will come back to bite me if carolina clinches a bye week. im thinking of dropping some of my less productive players and digging through the waiver wire to find decent fill in qb/te in case the panthers decide to rest cam and olsen the last weeks of the season

Carolina had the NFC South clinched before they played today thanks to ATL and the Bucs

Wads

Banned
I need 8 from M. Bryant to secure 2nd seed and a bye. If I lose, I drop to 3rd...😓 Recently everyone has been putting up best points of the season against me and I have lost 3 in a row despite putting up top 2 or 3 points each week. There are some schedules in the league where I'd be 11-1 at this point instead of 8-4...

nillapuddin

Im up 30 and dropped WSH DST

Im taking no chances. DAL could go for 156 points and make me look stupid.

I need 8 from M. Bryant to secure 2nd seed and a bye. If I lose, I drop to 3rd...�� Recently everyone has been putting up best points of the season against me and I have lost 3 in a row despite putting up top 2 or 3 points each week. There are some schedules in the league where I'd be 11-1 at this point instead of 8-4...

Also Bryant owner, dont worry man, hes got you.

That guy is electric, my best undrafted waiver pick up of the year

Tom Nook

Thanks to Brown, got myself a 1st round bye in the playoffs.

sexybrown.0.gif

Normally I would be ecstatic about Brown getting me 23 points, but my opponent had Ben as his QB. I am currently winning (also highest points this week so far) 117-110, but he still has Mcfadden and Cowboys D to play. Looks like a 3rd loss in a row after going on a tear all season and holding the #1 position. My rbs all fucking blow now. Now I seriously have to consider benching Gurley, and Demarco Murray is a must bench at this point. I hope Anderson misses the next game so Hillman can be a safe start.

I will be picking up James White off waivers and either dropping Woodhead or LaFell.

Any other mighty empires starting to crumble near playoffs?

Broke my league's all-time scoring record with 160 points (standard). Go-HAM Newton, AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Yeldon, and the Cinci defense all took it up a notch and now I'm feeling really good going into the playoffs.

Our regular season came down to 2 teams for the last spot, me versus another guy.. and we played each other. Whoever won this game, made the last playoff spot.

And well ...

40 seconds left I'm hanging on to this unlikely victory (I'm the Macho King):
Y88jF7g.png

ANd then Redskins tie it up...

And then the kickoff return...

And then Dan Bailey...

hVIlzL7.png

Out of the playoffs.

It's insane enough that my opponent, down 19 going into this game, only got 18 points into the final seconds of the game.

So painful.

Our regular season came down to 2 teams for the last spot, me versus another guy.. and we played each other. Whoever won this game, made the last playoff spot.

And well ...

Y88jF7g.png

And then Dan Bailey...

hVIlzL7.png

Out of the playoffs.

It's insane enough that my opponent, down 19 going into this game, only got 18 points into the final seconds of the game.

So painful.

Oh man, I feel for you on that one! :(

Desean Jackson fucked me over on mine. Even though I had very little chance winning being up by 7 going into the game with my opponent playing McFadden and Cowboys D today. McFadden had -1 points before that fumble and if Redskins scored they would have lowered the Cowboy's DST points, so I still had a chance!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Made playoffs in both leagues, lost in both last night tho so no byes.

Started Tannehill over Tyrod in a league I lost by 4 points in. Ouch.

Whatever - I have a strong team and a good shot to at least reach the finals.

I guess that sucks for you about Stevie Johnson. Sorry man.

Yep... I had two decisions I was torn on. Starting Gio Bernard or John Brown / DeSean Jackson. I decided to go with Gio, really unsure why, he's only played well when Cincinatti has to come back from games and I knew they wouldn't be playing come back against the Browns... But... W/E. My opponent also started Cutler over Brees (vs. Carolina), so we could both play the "could/shoulda/woulda" game

First time I've ever missed the playoffs too :( :(

Apath

And well ...

And then Dan Bailey...

Out of the playoffs.

So painful.
That sucks, man. And his RBs are Alfred Morris and Charles Sims? Terrible.

Tom Nook

And well ...

Y88jF7g.png

And then Dan Bailey...

hVIlzL7.png

Out of the playoffs.

So painful.

That's painful. :(

If the Redskins would just let Cowboys score a TD, one point for Bailey.....

Was 1-6 and ran the table to finish 7-6 but missed the 6th seed by 7 points. I am the defending champ and this is the first time I'll miss the playoffs and it stings.

Really think my team would have won it all, too.

Was going to be running with
Bortles
David Johnson
McFadden
Beckham
Crabtree
Tate
Barnidge
Broncos D
Brown

I had a really tough draft with Jeremy Hill being a bust, Golden Tate being more like the Tate in Seattle, Melvin Gordon being the next Trent Richardson, and Teddy Bridgewater regressing. I was just so off this year but I did salvage the season. I had to pull my expertise to make some moves (trading for McFadden, claiming Barnidge week 2, trading for Crabtree).

To make things worse, I scored 178 this week in a PPR league and missed high points by 2.

Tom Nook

Head into the playoffs(10-3 record) with a 1st round bye.

Roster:

QB: Brees; Dalton
RB: Ivory, D. Martin, J. Allen, Yeldon, L. Blount (expendable)
WR: A. Brown, ODJ, Cooks,
TE: Eifert, Rudolph (expendable)
K: Catanzaro
Def: WAS (streaming)

Week 15 is going to be tough for the WRs: Brown vs DEN & ODJ vs CAR.

Hopefully I claim Parker (vs. SD @ week 15) and MIA DEF (vs. SD @ week 15) this week.

Tom Nook

Here's where I'm at right now. Things are looking good and I'm sitting nice in first place. I feel I need to beef up my WRs and TE spots. My RBs are looking real good right now. Any suggestions?

Your RB and WR looks good because they all in teams hungry for playoff spots. One thing I might look closely is J. Steward. Panthers are a lock in the playoffs so they might rest up their studs, consider their handcuffs.

Here's where I'm at right now. Things are looking good and I'm sitting nice in first place. I feel I need to beef up my WRs and TE spots. My RBs are looking real good right now. Any suggestions?

To piggyback on the above comment, you probably don't need two defenses at this point. I'd probably dump one and just use the spot to grab another RB/WR/TE to shore up your lineup and to keep them away from your opponents. Defenses usually aren't difference-makers from week to week.

You guys must have a crazy scoring system!!!

I dunno, I didn't set it up lol. Not too familiar with the ins and outs of fantasy. I just win it.

Your RB and WR looks good because they all in teams hungry for playoff spots. One thing I might look closely is J. Steward. Panther are a lock in the playoff, they might rest up their studs. consider their handcuffs.

Ah I didn't think about that. I think I'll put Rawls in for him then. I think I'm going to look for a TE (can't get much worse than the luck I've had) and maybe an alt QB. Ever since the bye Rogers has been shaky but still good.

To piggyback on the above comment, you probably don't need two defenses at this point. I'd probably dump one and just use the spot to grab another RB/WR/TE to shore up your lineup and to keep them away from your opponents. Defenses usually aren't difference-makers from week to week.

Yeah I think I'll keep Seattle's. They have the Browns coming up too.

TylerD

9-4, outright 2nd in the league now and I'm playing 1-12 10th place this week. His team name is WeDemBoyz (as in a Cowboys hoarder) and he has lost 12 in a row lol

Your RB and WR looks good because they all in teams hungry for playoff spots. One thing I might look closely is J. Steward. Panthers are a lock in the playoffs so they might rest up their studs, consider their handcuffs.

Bench Stewart? Against the Falcons?!? I dunno, man...he's a legit RB1 this weekend.

Tom Nook

Bench Stewart? Against the Falcons?!? That's crazy talk. He's a legit RB1 this weekend.

I'm not recommending to bench Steward this weekend, just don't expect big numbers. It's something to look closely since the Panthers are a lock in the playoffs. I'm not a football expert but if I'm the HC with a lock in the playoffs, I would rest up my players for them to "go full" on their playoffs and not for fantasy playoffs.

I'm not recommending to bench Steward this weekend, just don't expect big numbers. It's something to look closely since the Panthers are a lock in the playoffs. I'm not a football expert but if I'm the HC with a lock in the playoffs, I would rest up my players for them to "go full" on their playoffs and not for fantasy playoffs.
Coach Ron Rivera said he will continue to play his starters even if the Panthers clinch home-field advantage before the final week of the season.

"Hypothetically speaking, yes – to a point," Rivera answered. "The reason I would is because I was on a team that had done the same thing, and we didn't, and it cost us in my opinion because I thought we were rusty." It is unlikely Cam Newton, Jonathan Stewart and Greg Olsen would play a full complement of snaps in a meaningless Week 17, but it does look like they should see the majority of their workload the rest of the season. All three should remain high-end options throughout the fantasy playoffs.

phanphare

Banned

yeah adding to what herpes said the panthers' number 1 priority right now is home field advantage in the playoffs. any hypothetical resting would happen only when that is clinched. roll stewart out this week with full confidence.

D23

Should i use my WW on Matt Traner (K) ? i have connor barth, but Traner ROS playoff is looking good, hes playing in dome ROS

I'm in a two Qb league, I can only roster two also. I've been holding onto luck hoping he'd be ready for playoffs. He might be ready for week 15 but playoffs start this week. Considering dropping him for a waiver Qb. Obvisiously it's the playoffs so I can't fuck around anymore. Here are the guys available, Mariota is the guy I'm thinking

Bradford
Schaub
Mariota
Gabbert
Teddy b
Cassel
Keenum

Edit: Gabbert dosent seem like a bad options too...

JFunky

Never thought I'd ask this but Rodgers or Bortles? I need to win to secure a playoff spot and the Packers offense hasn't exactly been clicking this year.

Cels

tannehill (vs NYG) or carr (@ Den)? I have tannehill in even though he has been poor lately because NYG is good matchup.

Freeman (@ Car); Williams (@ Cin)?

currently have freeman/west (vs SD) in.

Dazzler

GM of my league has removed the trade veto, so our league is descending into the annual hoarding of players by playoff teams in return for beer and favours

So much fun

Apath

some dude on Reddit who claimed to be a Saints fan believes Hightower will be the feature back with Spiller taking a slightly bigger role in the passing game
Works for me; picked him up and dropped Carlos Hyde, if only to hurt the guy in my league who has Ingram and is a sure-thing for the #2 seed.

Now I need to decide if Stefon Diggs is worth keeping around in lieu of Lamar Miller's handcuff.

Tom Nook

Eifert (neck) suited up for Wednesday's practice, ESPN's Coley Harvey reports.

Analysis: Meanwhile, per ESPN's Bob Holtzman, Eifert suggested that he "is on track to play Sunday (against the Steelers) if all goes well this week." For his part though, when asked Wednesday about Eifert's Week 14 status, coach Marvin Lewis said "we'll see."

haleluya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom