• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodchuck

Ughhhh I should have drafted Gronk with the 8th pick. He's so far ahead of any other TE's. I could have still gotten great WRs in the second round and decent RB later

In one of my leagues (12 teams), I managed to grab Antonio Brown with the 8th pick and Gronkowski on the way back in the 2nd. Needless to say, I'm eating.

They were both steals in the 3rd and 14th rounds.

Well if you're getting Brady in the 14th then your league is drunk and Ochocinco probably got drafted.

Anyway, the upshot of this game is that Brown, Ben, Brady, Gronk are all just as usable as last year. And the Steelers are running a high school college pass defense so basically start all receivers against them until further notice. Torrey Smith, Vernon Davis, welcome to fantasy relevance.

Please sign me up to your league next season. Gronkowski in the third and Brady in the 14th?whattttttt is it a 6 team league?

Well if you're getting Brady in the 14th then your league is drunk and Ochocinco probably got drafted.

Anyway, the upshot of this game is that Brown, Ben, Brady, Gronk are all just as usable as last year. And the Steelers are running a high school college pass defense so basically start all receivers against them until further notice. Torrey Smith, Vernon Davis, welcome to fantasy relevance.

8 man league, $600 1st place / $200 2nd place. And I'm counting on their drunken incompetence! My first 3 rounds went Lacy, Beckham Jr., and Gronk.

That draft board is hilarious. I love the scramble to get defenses in the 7th round. Congrats on the $600.

It's still a 8 man league. Even though I shake my head at a lot of those picks at their respective round, everyone still has a ridiculously stacked team. Not easy money at all IMO. Add in 4 more drunk dudes and that might be the case though lol.

It's still a 8 man league. Even though I shake my head at a lot of those picks at their respective round, everyone still has a ridiculously stacked team. Not easy money at all IMO. Add in 4 more drunk dudes and that might be the case though lol.

Exactly, it'll still be a challenge from week to week. I just can't believe the guy that picked Olsen before Graham. He's a fucking doctor!

Did anyone else feel obligated to draft at least one player from their home team? I grabbed Desean Jackson. Obviously not a crazy pick but there were a couple of guys in front of him at the time that were ranked higher.

Anyway, here's hoping to a Sunday full of Cousins to Desean, aka Long Gone Desean, aka Action Jackson.

Did anyone else feel obligated to draft at least one player from their home team? I grabbed Desean Jackson. Obviously not a crazy pick but there were a couple of guys in front of him at the time that were ranked higher.

Anyway, here's hoping to a Sunday full of Cousins to Desean, aka Long Gone Desean, aka Action Jackson.
I wanted some Eagles on my team but I was drafting with a bunch of big fans that really reached. The only dude I could get was Cody Parkey.

Took part in my first keeper league (8 people) with Individual Defensive Players (No team defences).

Draft was hilarious as it was almost everyone's first time in a keeper league+IDP's so no one was confident on how far to reach for players.

I ended up with

Matt Ryan
Demarco Murray
CJ Anderson
AJ Green
DeAndre Hopkins
Travis Kelce
Melvin Gordon
Stephen Gostowski
Khalil Mack
Von Miller
Harrison Smith

Bench:
Matt Stafford
Todd Gurley
Jeremy Maclin
Sammy Watkins
Richard Rodgers
David Johnson
Kelvin Benjamin

Benjamin is obviously a pick for next season, I think I picked him up in the 16th or 17th round.
Still tossing up over my starting receivers for week 1 though, any advice?

RBH

Someone in my 12-man PPR league is offering this trade to me:

He gets:
Justin Forsett

I get:
Amari Cooper
Ameer Abdullah

...am I crazy for actually considering this?

My team right now:

hpGrSEi.png

182Ways

This is my first time playing Fantasy Football. 10-man standard. I've done a bit of research and kept on top of the news regarding my players, but I'm conflicted on my week 1 roster.

My RB stable includes Eddie Lacy, Frank Gore, Giovani Bernard, and Joique Bell. Eddie is a lock, obviously, but who should be RB2? I'm hesitant to start Gore against that Buffalo defense.

This is my first time playing Fantasy Football. 10-man standard. I've done a bit of research and kept on top of the news regarding my players, but I'm conflicted on my week 1 roster.

My RB stable includes Eddie Lacy, Frank Gore, Giovani Bernard, and Joique Bell. Eddie is a lock, obviously, but who should be RB2? I'm hesitant to start Gore against that Buffalo defense.

FantasyPros is a good place to start:

http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/start/rb.php?league=357967

You can find notes about players from various sources. Can also import your team and get tips on who to start based on their consensus rankings.

Khalid-S

Guys I really need a quick advice. I have an offer and I'm not sure if its a good one.

I GET

Adrian Peterson
Sammy Watkins
Alfred Morris

I SEND

Antonio Brown
Arian Foster (I know hes injured)

What do you guys think? should I take it?

Here is my team.

IMG_2015_09_12_05_20_06.jpg

And his team

IMG_2015_09_12_05_20_22.jpg

Sumidor

Someone in my 12-man PPR league is offering this trade to me:

He gets:
Justin Forsett

I get:
Amari Cooper
Ameer Abdullah

...am I crazy for actually considering this?

Personally, I wouldn't do it. I know people keep hyping up Abdullah, but who knows what role he will actually have. He could have some great games, but then he could have games where he does nothing. Cooper is a stud, but would you actually start him over Julio or Tate? I mean, you stick him in the flex, but then move Murray to RB, but then would you use Abdullah over Murrary or Martin? The trade would you give a little more depth, but depth is overrated in Fantasy.

And finally, if Forsett stays healthy, I see him having even a better year than last. With Trestman as his OC, he could be a monster.

I like Gore over the other two. I know Buffalo has a stingy D, but with Gore, you just gotta hope that he produces from pure volume. I don't see Bernard doing much playing behind Hill. And with Bell, he's coming off an injury that kept him out of all pre season and he's got Riddick and Abdullah stealing touches. If Bell was completely healthy, and didn't have competition, Bell would be my pick. But that's not the case, so I say go with Gore.

Guys I really need a quick advice. I have an offer and I'm not sure if its a good one.

I GET

Adrian Peterson
Sammy Watkins
Alfred Morris

I SEND

Antonio Brown

Here is my team.

Watkins, AD and Alfred Morris? I'd take that.

Really? I know it will improve my lineup but losing AB is not easy. Foster might get back in a few weeks and be a monster. I have read that Alfred Morris is this year's bust (not sure based on what)

The way I look at it, Antonio for AP is about an even trade. So basically are you willing to give up Arian for Watkins and Morris? I wouldn't because I don't trust either guy. Watkins disappeared in a lot of games last year and now has a running QB with very little experience at the helm. Morris is traditionally better with RG3 and hasn't been anything but mediocre to above average in the past couple of years. The coaches really like Matt Jones(his back up), so that may cut into his carries and he was never a 3 down back in the first place. I'd take my chances with Foster if I were you.

spyder_ur

I GET

Adrian Peterson
Sammy Watkins
Alfred Morris

I SEND

Antonio Brown

I'd do that deal in a second.

Khalid-S

This will be a tough one. If I do not accept the trade, I will be praying day and night to see Arian healthy soon.

Thanks a lot for the tips.

I GET

Adrian Peterson
Sammy Watkins
Alfred Morris

I SEND

Antonio Brown

Here is my team.

IMG_2015_09_12_05_20_06.jpg

And his team

IMG_2015_09_12_05_20_22.jpg

I take the trade as your RBs aren't great and Foster is no guarantee

woodchuck

I would take the trade. It's harder to find stud RBs than stud WR's.

Also, is this a keeper league? How does a dude have AP and Eddie lacy? Unless he's been wheeling and dealing

chualie

Just accepted a trade in my 1 PPR 12 team league.

I send:

Davante Adams
Isiah Crowell

I receive:

Latavius Murray
Terrence Williams

My WRs:

Golden Tate
Mike Evans
Charles Johnson
Pierre Garcon

My RBs:

Jeremy Hill
Ryan Mathews
Joique Bell
Melvin Gordon

I'm having doubts... didn't really think it through and just accepted since I wanted a better RB. What do y'all think?

Just accepted a trade in my 1 PPR 12 team league.

I send:

Davante Adams
Isiah Crowell

I receive:

Latavius Murray
Terrence Williams

My WRs:

Golden Tate
Mike Evans
Charles Johnson
Pierre Garcon

My RBs:

Jeremy Hill
Ryan Mathews
Joique Bell
Melvin Gordon

I'm having doubts... didn't really think it through and just accepted since I wanted a better RB. What do y'all think?
I think your WR are weaker than your RB but it's easier to find a solid WR on the waiver wire throughout the season.

Davante Adams isn't going to be worth a 4th rd pick. He doesn't turn into Randall Cobb just because of opportunity. Unless he's made a huge leap from last year he's going to be very inconsistent and frustrating to own. You'll never know when it's going to be his day or Jones, Montgomery, Janis, TE Rogers, ect.

I don't mind selling high before you know what you have in Adams but Murray could be just as volatile . I would have targeted a RB you have more of an idea of production you'll get out of him. At least he looks like he improved in the preseason, more decisive, has some patience to left the holes develop so the narrative that he had a few big runs from a couple broken plays and that's it from last year is hopefully nothing to worry about anymore.

Though you did give up another starting RB or essentially nothing. Terrence Williams could be a surprise, he has the clear #2 job , good QB, good offense, he has all the opportunity in the world he's never done anything with it. Could I see him having a break out? Sure but so could Marvin Jones, Kenny Stills, Brian Quick and a number of other WR in that later round flier tier.I guess if you're really high on Murray, who could have gone as early as the third 3 depending on what site you draft from, you could view it as a 2 for 1 and you opened up a spot who happens to be Williams til someone better comes along.

Gore. Don't try to out think yourself with matchups too much. It's one thing between equal talebt players, but gore is very far ahead of those other two. Bernard needs to prove that hes worth starting and bell will be splitting time with 2 other running backs, one of which, abdullah, has a lot of excitement behind.

Edit --

Love these reports that foster is due back in 2 to 3 weeks, could be my biggest steal. Got him late because we drafted after week 2 in preseason when everything was negative. I've got Forte (who I'm meh on), L Murray (keeper), and Ameer abdullah, in a12 team ppr, so adding a healthy foster would be great

Here's my lineup (12 team, PPR)

dXl2TKo.png

Only a handful I'm baking over. The Agholor vs. John Brown vs. Ameer Abdullah decision is still weighing on me.

Going to go Agholor & John Brown this week I think, but it's mostly good news surrounding all of them and I feel like Brown has the lowest floor.

(Just realized I have the last 4 posts in this thread.... MY BAD)

I got Keenan Allen in one league, but usually I don't draft chargers because they go so high in local leagues.

FTF

"Peyton's arm strength 'significantly' worse?" http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000528095/article/peyton-mannings-arm-strength-diminished

Ugh, not what I want to read a week after drafting him in fantasy (not till the 6th round at least, but took him instead of Brady :/ ) Hopefully Manning keeps it together for a least most of the regular season like last year.

Kyle Rudolph vs. Delanie Walker?
Gio Bernard vs. Danny Woodhead?

PPR

I'd go with Walker and Woodhead, but close calls for both.

My FD team is so effing ready, I'm trying to port it over to other DFS games (Yahoo also)

E. Manning NYG@DAL $8,300
J. Forsett BAL@DEN $7,800
C. Ivory CLE@NYJ $6,400
O. Beckham Jr. NYG@DAL $8,900
D. Hopkins KC@HOU $7,800
J. Brown NO@ARI $6,000
G. Olsen CAR@JAC $5,900
B. McManus BAL@DEN $4,500
New York Jets D

Gonna get that cash tomorrow.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ok for my 2nd Flex spot I have:

Titans RB Bishop Sankey @ Tampa Bay
Saints WR Brandon Coleman @ Arizona

Sankey should get 15 carries but is so bleh... Coleman in the 3rd WR in 3 WR sets, may see some Patrick Patterson but dude is a home run hitter on a team that can hit homers with Brees. Thoughts?

I took Tyler Lockett with my last pick. He was the only Seahawk I really wanted unless Wilson dropped some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom