• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My FanDuel team appears to be doing better than the one the other guy posted. I messed up with Brees/Cooks though. Brees was decent(17) Cooks was horrible(7 points). Should have gone Romo(which I gave some consideration). If I had got Deandre Hopkins instead of Cooks...I'd still like my chances to take home a pretty penny. Have Peterson, J. Matthews, Bolden left. Sitting at 104 points. Probably top out around 160. What could have been.

graffix13

Anyone watch that Detroit/SD game yesterday?

How come Megatron only had 2 catches? He had a 28 yard catch early and then....nothing. I took him first round and I'm going to lose due to his lack of catches (PPR).

*sigh* I forgot in addition to loving fantasy football, I also hate it. I have Peyton - he got 29 points. The guy I was against had Brandon McManus - he had 22. Also, Odell and Donnell getting almost no catches didn't help.

How come Megatron only had 2 catches? He had a 28 yard catch early and then....nothing. I took him first round and I'm going to lose due to his lack of catches (PPR).

Stafford is an interception/fumble machine is part of it.

They only targeted him a few times after that for whatever reason. That plus a couple interceptions. Poor gamelan along with our execution basically. Hoping they fix that shit next week.

graffix13

Stafford is an interception/fumble machine is part of it.

They only targeted him a few times after that for whatever reason. That plus a couple interceptions. Poor gamelan along with our execution basically. Hoping they fix that shit next week.

Thanks. I know Stafford is absolute garbage away from home too.

Looking to add depth to my WR corps. Would James Jones be worth using a #3 waiver pick on? He had a monster game yesterday, but not sure if it's a fluke. The guy I'm playing next week has Dez, so I know he'll be looking to pick up a WR. Just not sure if I should use my WW slot on Jones to prevent him from taking him.

Thanks. I know Stafford is absolute garbage away from home too.

Looking to add depth to my WR corps. Would James Jones be worth using a #3 waiver pick on? He had a monster game yesterday, but not sure if it's a fluke. The guy I'm playing next week has Dez, so I know he'll be looking to pick up a WR. Just not sure if I should use my WW slot on Jones to prevent him from taking him.
James Jones' qb is Rodgers, it isn't a fluke. :p

I'm looking for Jones, Steve Johnson, and Karlos Williams. Williams looks to be a sleeper, he runs better than McCoy in Ryan's offense.

My league's Dez Bryant owner has Travis Kelce. I have Terrance Williams. Is Williams for Kelce a fair trade? His other WRs are Julio, John Brown, Victor Cruz, and Eddie Royal. His other TE is Jordan Reed. Does it seem likely he'd even consider this?

My league's Dez Bryant owner has Travis Kelce. I have Terrance Williams. Is Williams for Kelce a fair trade? His other WRs are Julio, John Brown, Victor Cruz, and Eddie Royal. His other TE is Jordan Reed. Does it seem likely he'd even consider this?

That trade will be rejected.

I wouldn't. Kelce just had a phenomenal game, and good TEs are hard to come by. And Williams is just flukey...I'd rather have Beasley.

IcyStorm

In a 2QB/2WR/2RB/1TE/1FLEX league. DeSean Jackson's injured, so I'm thinking of picking up Terrance Williams because of Dez Bryant's injury or James Jones and dropping Fred Jackson. We have a waiver budget of $100... what's the maximum I should bid for either of them?

Or is it bad to try to go for both? My bench WR is currently Eddie Royal (my other two WRs being Andre Johnson and Kendall Wright).

Darkman M

Oh man oh man.... How about that boy Carlos Hyde? I've been high in him since last year and he wins me my game this week down by 9 with my opponent having Zach erz playing tonight.

MattyG

Banned
Dammit, I was only 6 points behind and I just needed a TD reception from Anquan Boldin to win it. Gahhhhh.

Aaron Rodgers and Jason Witten did some serious damage for me this week though. Aside from my defensive players, I think I managed to cobble together a decent team for my first go around in fantasy football.

Hazelhurst

Oh man oh man.... How about that boy Carlos Hyde? I've been high in him since last year and he wins me my game this week down by 9 with my opponent having Zach erz playing tonight.

Nice pick. This guy looks like the best running back currently in the NFL.

Wow highest scorer by far this week in my league got under 12 points combined from his 3 WR's but had 4 other players score at least 20 points. Annoyed that I'm the person with the most points that lost this week and I had more than either player did in 2 different matchups (12 team league).

Koko

Banned
My rival for next week was the one to pick Hyde. Shame that he put him on the bench for this week and lost his game by 7 points.

hermit7

Picked him up in the beginning of the fourth round. May have found my number one rb for the season.

Also had Tevin Coleman on the bench. With Dez injured I am going to need to start a third rb in the flex I think.

chualie

Thinking about blowing my FAAB budget on Eifert...

$48 bid ($100 waiver budget)

My other TE is Owen Daniels

I know at least 3 people will be bidding...

With Desean Jackson giving me 0 points over the weekend I still ended up at 142.6 in ESPN. That was after going into last night's games with Julio Jones and Cody Parker left down 32 points. Before the first half was over I was already just 10 points down. I figured, "no problem!"

Of course, Atlanta decided to ignore Julio in the 2nd half, the fucking morons, and Parker misses a field goal at the end; I lose by less than 3 points. Unreal. Fuck Atlanta and fuck Cody Parker. And of course had I played ANYONE else in my league this week, I'd have won!

Anyway, I'm dropping Cody Latimer and picking up Percy. I was going to dump Desean but still think he can do some big things when he comes back.

ACE 1991

Lots of tough calls to make this week, would love some advice. Here is what I'm thinking:

QB: Roethlisberger instead of Stafford
RB1: Jamaal Charles
RB2: Thinking about putting Ameer Abdullah here over Latavius Murray. The latter faces a tough Ravens D and Abdullah gave me nice return in the flex spot last week. This opens up a lot at flex for me, thoughts?
WR1: Randall Cobb
WR2: Jordan Matthews
TE: Jason Witten (with Dez Bryant out for quite a while, Witten is going to get fed a lot of balls from Romo)
FLEX: This is the tough one. Tyler Eifert or James Jones? Both collected a ton of points on the bench last week. I'm thinking Eifert since James Jones faces Seattle.

Thanks guys!

ACE 1991

With Desean Jackson giving me 0 points over the weekend I still ended up at 142.6 in ESPN. That was after going into last night's games with Julio Jones and Cody Parker left down 32 points. Before the first half was over I was already just 10 points down. I figured, "no problem!"

Of course, Atlanta decided to ignore Julio in the 2nd half, the fucking morons, and Parker misses a field goal at the end; I lose by less than 3 points. Unreal. Fuck Atlanta and fuck Cody Parker. And of course had I played ANYONE else in my league this week, I'd have won!

Anyway, I'm dropping Cody Latimer and picking up Percy. I was going to dump Desean but still think he can do some big things when he comes back.

His last name is Parkey! And while he should have made that kick, a lot of blame can be placed on Chip on that play. He rushed the kicking squad and Parkey just wasn't ready.

Clearos

In a standard Yahoo league minus we give 0.5 pts per carry.

I sent a trade offer to give Forsett and Stevie Johnson for Adrian Peterson. They are not a fan of AP and he had a poor showing last night so I'm hoping that makes them bite. Not sure about others but going on a week 1 knee jerk reaction it looks like the ravens rookie RB might start to slowly steal carries from Forsett.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Looking for some advice this week:

first up - waivers.... Not sure if I should drop Eddie royal or give him another chance... he DID have 5 targets and one in the red zone. but hes rating 4 on the depth chart behind alshon, forte, and bennett. i'd look to scoop up Donte Moncrief or lance dunbar. i'm sitting at 4 on the wire so not sure if I want to spend unnecessarily and lose some top priority.

next up - match ups....

I've got 2 spots open for 3 players right now (ppr):

Amari Cooper vs. BAL, Stevie Johnson vs. CIN, and Danny Woodhead vs. CIN - thoughts?

highest pts of the league this week with ~160. I can only go down now. Ellington out for me too.

*EDIT* - deciding to drop ladarius green for moncrif if hes still avail. will try to pick up dunbar or palmer as free agents.
at the moment benching cooper, unless someone can convince me otherwise

His last name is Parkey! And while he should have made that kick, a lot of blame can be placed on Chip on that play. He rushed the kicking squad and Parkey just wasn't ready.

He's Parker until he makes up for that kick!

True, that was a bit of a fucked up play, but you gotta make that.

Can't believe it, still. 10 points to make up with an entire half left, one of the best kickers and WRs...can only muster 7 points. How does that happen?!?!

gutshot

What do you guys think of a LeGarrette Blount for Davante Adams trade? I need some WR depth and have a ton of RBs, just wondering if Adams is worth trading for?

We start 3 WRs and 2 RBs in my league. No flex. My current RB/WR situation looks like this...

RB: Forsett, Hyde, Ivory, Blount, Coleman
WR: Brown, Hopkins, Watkins, Royal, Parker

gutshot

Lots of tough calls to make this week, would love some advice. Here is what I'm thinking:

QB: Roethlisberger instead of Stafford
RB1: Jamaal Charles
RB2: Thinking about putting Ameer Abdullah here over Latavius Murray. The latter faces a tough Ravens D and Abdullah gave me nice return in the flex spot last week. This opens up a lot at flex for me, thoughts?
WR1: Randall Cobb
WR2: Jordan Matthews
TE: Jason Witten (with Dez Bryant out for quite a while, Witten is going to get fed a lot of balls from Romo)
FLEX: This is the tough one. Tyler Eifert or James Jones? Both collected a ton of points on the bench last week. I'm thinking Eifert since James Jones faces Seattle.

Thanks guys!

Abdullah over Murray. The Raiders offense stinks and I'm not high on Murray at all for the remainder of this season. I'd try to trade him if I were you, before his value sinks too low.

Eifert over Jones. Eifert looks like he will be a target-machine, especially in the red zone. Rodgers is going to spread the ball around a bit between Cobb, Jones and Adams so I don't think you can count on JJ consistently. Plus he has a tougher matchup.

ACE 1991

Abdullah over Murray. The Raiders offense stinks and I'm not high on Murray at all for the remainder of this season. I'd try to trade him if I were you, before his value sinks too low.

Eifert over Jones. Eifert looks like he will be a target-machine, especially in the red zone. Rodgers is going to spread the ball around a bit between Cobb, Jones and Adams so I don't think you can count on JJ consistently. Plus he has a tougher matchup.

Thanks! I'm gonna have a tough time getting someone to trade for Latavius Murray.

EDIT: Think starting Eifert at TE (over Witten) and James Jones at FLEX could pay off? This seems way too risky, but it might be worth thinking about.

Choomp

Banned
Kaepernick or Mariota this week? Team edged out the win but losing Dez Bryant and Andre Ellington is kinda the worst, have to use this T.J Yeldon guy and Jordan Matthews to replace them, unless Tre Mason plays I guess.

Ugh, yeah, I'm not feeling Murray against BAL next weekend. My only other option is Sproles vs Dallas or if Spiller comes back, Spiller against TB swiss cheese D. Thoughts?

So two of my receivers are gonna be out for a while: Desean Jackson and Dez.

My receivers right now are Steve Smith Sr and Mike Wallace.

What do GAF? Who should I try to claim?

I have Desean too. I was gonna drop him but instead I got rid of Cody Latimer and picked up Harvin. I still think Action Jackson can do some things when he's back.

gutshot

If you are receiving Adams then yes do it.

Yes, I would be getting Adams. He has countered with Ivory instead of Blount. Should I pull the trigger?

Ugh, yeah, I'm not feeling Murray against BAL next weekend. My only other option is Sproles vs Dallas or if Spiller comes back, Spiller against TB swiss cheese D. Thoughts?

I would go Sproles. My guess is they will ease Spiller into the gameplan.

Any suggestions for some deep deep WR/TE targets for a dez owner?

Ted Ginn, Harvin, Ebron, Green?

I like Harvin and Green best out of those options.

Terrence Williams is probably the no. 1 choice, given his tasty matchup this week. Montcrief would be second choice.

Are James Jones or Donte Moncrief available? Those are two guys I'm looking at right now.

Won 142 to 66 :)

Trying to trade Russel Wilson for Chris Ivory since I have Tom Brady as starter.. Forsett disappointed me, plus for some reason the dude with Ivory had him on the bench for week 1...

Put in a waiver for Woodhead, so if i don't get Ivory, should I start Woodhead (assuming I get him), Forsett, or Blount for week 2??

Milabrega

Is Rashard Green worth looking at or was his week 1 targets a fluke. This is 14 man PPR league so Colman/moncrief/locket and all the other WR adds are already gone.

Are Devin Funchess or Nelson Agholor droppable for any of the FA adds this week or are both rookies better to still stash and hope for progress later?

Yes, I would be getting Adams. He has countered with Ivory instead of Blount. Should I pull the trigger?.

I would keep Ivory. Certainly if you are in a non-ppr league.

Apath

Hoping someone here can give me some advice in my half-PPR league.

Currently #2 on the waiver. I'm pretty stacked at the WR, but still have the FLEX spot so right now I'm just looking for the best producer.

Currently have lined up:
1. James Jones
2. Terrance Williams

So if the #1 claims Jones, I'll end up with Williams. My other WRs are:
1. Antonio Brown
2. AJ Green
3. Keenan Allen
4. Anquan Boldin (current FLEX)
5. Marques Colston (BN)

However I keep seeing people mention Donte Moncrief, so I'm not sure what to do. If I do end up with another WR, I may drop one to try and nab a RB. Or maybe trade a solid WR for a solid RB on another team (currently rocking Lamar Miller and Alfred Morris).

I would claim...

1)Moncrief

2)JJones
3)TWilliams

In that order, Moncrief gets a big boost with Hilton out but he showed he has value even when he's on the field. Jones and Williams to me are boom and bust flex plays. If you need to roll the dice those guys are nice to have to pray for WR1 production in a good match up.

Any suggestions for some deep deep WR/TE targets for a dez owner?

Ted Ginn, Harvin, Ebron, Green?

Tevon Austin if you count Return yards?

That hard to tell how deep that league is because I would think Harvin and L Green would be rostered in 12 team leagues.

Lockett, Beasley, Dorsett, Hurns,

Travis Benjamin, Andrew Hawkins, Jerricho Cotchery, are bottom of the well type of plays

Sproles if you're feeling ballsy. They should run all over their division rival next week, low floor high ceiling play. Spiller I doubt plays and they don't really need him against TB so give him another week to heal.

Kaepernick or Mariota this week? Team edged out the win but losing Dez Bryant and Andre Ellington is kinda the worst, have to use this T.J Yeldon guy and Jordan Matthews to replace them, unless Tre Mason plays I guess.

Mariota he's playing CLE. They don't see interested in passing at all in SF so unless you gets monster numbers from running QBs in your league not sure why he'd be an option.

Jarlaxle

I won in both my leagues last night. Luckily I have Carlos Hyde in both leagues. :)

I can't wait for Le'Veon Bell to come back from suspension. Then I'll have Bell, Hyde, and Alfred Morris rocking my RB's.

I'm thinking about picking up Percy Harvin this week. I have Sammy Watkins and Nelson Agholor and thinking about dropping one or both but don't want to make any knee jerk reactions just yet.

I would claim...

Sproles if you're feeling ballsy. They should run all over their division rival next week, low floor high ceiling play. Spiller I doubt plays and they don't really need him against TB so give him another week to heal.

Yeah, I need to think about this a little. I know that if I sit Murray he's going to have a huge game....

MBison

You had Jordan Matthews on the bench to use as a Dez replacement?

geez. Matthews shoulda been in the top 12 WRs drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom