• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 mustang revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please articulate why they think this car is so ugly?

Nope.
Welcome to the hater's ball.

PantherLotus said:
Describe something beautiful to a blind person and then try the opposite. It's offensive. It looks like a neon had an affair with a tiburon and they played dress up using spare parts from an old Porsche. The taillights are hysterical, the hips are out of place, and the entire build is leaning the wrong direction. Have you ever seen a mustang before?

Ah, yes..."offensive". The favorite word of the pretentious.

Log4Girlz

I hope there's a trim with the chrome accents from the evos concept. Really makes it look more Aston. The clip seems to show one with chrome for a second

Ford-Evos-front-side.jpg

Wow @ those ground textures.

Ford does not own Jaguar or Aston anymore. Jaguar is owned by an Indian company which I find HILARIOUS.

Why is it hilarious? I think it's finally fitting that an unreliable car manufacturer like jaguar is finally owned by a company that most would likely think of as unreliable. It's a match made in heaven.

Doczu

All those new revisions of muscle cars make me think how a modern Trans Am would look like... Brb guys, going to cover in sheets, roll and cry :(

sant

They fucking invaded us.

Big deal, are you still feeling the effects of British occupation? India and Pakistan probably came pretty damn close to nuking each other.

Edit: Not to mention the Mughals were pretty damn wealthy before the Brits showed up.

Madness

Britain's relationship with India was way more complicated than with the US

Yeah no kidding. Pretty crazy to think that the very car that chauffeured King George and his family around in British India in front of poor Indians is now owned by descendants of those same Indians.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I'm not a big Mustang fan but I think this one looks pretty decent. I will say my opinion softened quite a bit on Mustangs when I got to drive a brand new one last summer. Had a lot of fun just driving around in it for a day. I had been a steadfast "fuck mustangs" guy for years until then.

KemoSabe

And with those stupid EU laws about emission we wont get the big engine Herr, only this ecoboost shit.
Fuck that.

muddream

Banned
This looks very nice, reminds me of when Jaguar got rid of the retro bullshit while still keeping the essence.

The need to release this worldwide, it no longer has that All-American poser stigma.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
They need to paint that rear diffuser black and move the goddamned start button. Other than that, it's fine.

You can't hold to nostalgia for too long, otherwise the formula becomes stale. It's a nice update that retains the Mustang's identity while adding some freshness to it.

This looks very nice, reminds me of when Jaguar got rid of the retro bullshit while still keeping the essence.

The need to release this worldwide, it no longer has that All-American poser stigma.

Ford Europe has been involved in its design. The idea is to release the Mustang all over the world for the first time ever.

Log4Girlz

They need to paint that rear diffuser black and move the goddamned start button. Other than that, it's fine.

You can't hold to nostalgia for too long, otherwise the formula becomes stale. It's a nice update that retains the Mustang's identity while adding some freshness to it.

Ford Europe has been involved in its design. The idea is to release the Mustang all over the world for the first time ever.

With a few tweaks to the front end to differentiate it more from the Fusion, I would actually be pretty gung-ho about the direction they are taking.

I like it. Especially the grey convertible in the link.

My girlfriend and I just drove one (a 2013 convertible) down the Californian coast. It was fun to drive, had a much, much better turning circle than I thought it would, and did everything we asked of it. We had the teeny tiny (lawl) 3.7l engine, and it even had quite a bit of sprint in it when we loaded it up with cases (and I was amazed at how much we could fit into it).

That said, we drove about 2,000 miles in all, and averaged 22.9MPG... But fuck it, "gas" is so cheap in the US, it's worth it for the fun.

Looks good. A little more curvy, which is long overdue. This whole retro muscle car thing has gotten tired.
And it sounds like they're finally really focusing on the handling.

Zizbuka

Banned
Reminds me of my mom's old '70something Capri. I like that they didn't go overboard with lights and stuff, but that looks like a $20,000 car to me. Still prefer the Camaro.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Looks good. A little more curvy, which is long overdue. This whole retro muscle car thing has gotten tired.
And it sounds like they're finally really focusing on the handling.

Amen. Nothing but good news inside and out on this one.

People think the Camaro looks better than this? At least this isn't fucking Bumblebee.

DJ88

I really liked the look of the new mustangs. But with this, they took away all the hard angles and straight lines to make it more smooth and curvy like most other cars now. Sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom