• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 mustang revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pants

Pack it up mustang, you're no longer cool.

sTQqimN.jpg

I really liked the look of the new mustangs. But with this, they took away all the hard angles and straight lines to make it more smooth and curvy like most other cars now. Sucks.

slide_0006.jpg

Still looks unmistakably like a mustang to me. What would you confuse it with?
Also, I think it looks more aggressive.

2014 for comparison
ford_14mustangv6coupe5a_sideview.jpg

They'll never beat their classic 1960's designs. Back end looks atrocious, but front is OK. Not great. Kinda preferred the past few year's designs.

The more I look at it the more it looks like an Evo, Fusion and Stang fucked and pureed the liquids.

slide_0006.jpg

It also looks like everything from the door back was designed by a different team.

Kind of reminds me of an Aston Martin.

The Fusion's grill really does. I have done double takes when I see one out of the corner of my eye. The Explorer with certain trim options looks a lot like a Range Rover Sport as well.

This Mustang looks OK to me— I worry that those headlights are too close to returning to the terrible Mustang of the '90s and early '00s.

DiscoJer

slide_0006.jpg

2014 for comparison

I think I like it better than the current Mustang. In that, the hood is too round. It should be almost flat, only a slight curve at the front.

edit: Heck, even the rear window is more Mustang like than the 2014 version. It shouldn't be a porthole in back, but an extension of the front window

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The last few standard bare-bones Mustang models had looked real ugly and basic to me.

But the Shelby versions always look boss.

This time around, the standard model looks like a luxury car and I really dig, especially the back. I love the grill, and I didn't like the headlights at all until I saw them turned on in the video, then I loved the whole package.

I can't wait to see what the Shelby version will look like, or any tricked-out one with nice big rims and big tires, etc. Hate standard tires and rims on a sports/muscle/luxury car unless it's old-school.

Ash_69

I'd like to see the split of opinion between Americans and non Americans on this.

I think it looks FANTASTIC, inside and out. This will be mine.

I'm not a fan of Mustangs (or muscle cars in general) but that looks good to me. They keep looking better and better. They looked like shit for so long, though (definitely since I've been born), so it's taken them a looooong time.

the front is lacking that angular cut that distinguishes as a Mustang, the 2015 is rounded at the front and the headlights are not Mustang-like.

those are the two main things that makes less Mustang-y. Check the cut at the nose, it's more rounded off now

hwalker84

arent they going to replace that with the CUDA in the next 2 years.

The rumors are all over the place.

The Challenger refresh is coming this year. How refreshed is a different story. Is it the beginnings of a new platform or on the same platform it currently is on.
Rumors of the Cuda replacing it
Rumors of the Cuda not replacing it
The Cuda is said to be a completely redesigned platform small, lighter, faster. Which a sister Alfa Romeo will be on.

muddream

Banned
It's pretty funny that the 2.3 liter European V6 gets slightly better performance than the archaic 3.7 liter American V6 (in addition to the obvious fuel-efficiency difference) .

'murican retardo-engineering solely persists in this decade because Bill & Bob believe that being forced to buy "premium" violates their freedumb, right?

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
I think it's gorgeous. Best looking Mustang since the '60s IMO. I love the triple-bar vertical DRLs on the front echoing the triple-bar taillights, and I think the car looks great with big circular driving lights in the grille. The interior's nice too, though I'd like to see options for different materials than aluminum (carbon fiber, even wood).

Overall a great evolutionary design that incorporates Ford's current design language but still keeps it unmistakably a Mustang.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I like it from the front, but there's something odd about the rear...

Ace 8095

It's pretty funny that the 2.3 liter European V6 gets slightly better performance than the archaic 3.7 liter American V6 (in addition to the obvious fuel-efficiency difference) .

'murican retardo-engineering solely persists in this decade because Bill & Bob believe that being forced to buy "premium" violates their freedumb, right?
You mean the brand new 4 cylinder that will be available in the US and that Ford is hoping will reach a brand new segment of American buyers is better than their 10 year old V6? I'm shocked.

h1nch

I despise all of the modern muscle cars and their quasi-retro look. The Camaro in particular is awful to me.

That said, I actually think this is a big improvement over the current gen Mustang. Interior looks like a nice evolution as well, assuming it's using decent quality materials.

I'll never buy one, but kudos to Ford.

muddream

Banned
You mean the brand new 4 cylinder that will be available in the US and that Ford is hoping will reach a brand new segment of American buyers is better than their 10 year old V6? I'm shocked.

What is that segment called exactly? Americans who aren't retarded? VW and others have had to deliberately make their cars worse so that Americans will buy them, archaic engines from the 90s aren't offered in Europe because that would be a ridiculously hard sell. The only explanation I've heard is that 'murcans hate paying a little bit more for premium even if it means getting a lot worse fuel economy in return. What am I missing?

A V6 doesn't even sound good no matter the displacement...at least the big American V8s have that trademark sound, so it's easy to forgive them for being dumb.

Wubby

I like it. For me it'd have to be 5.0 or nothing though. How is the 5.0 gas wise anyway?

Also it looks heavy. Have they mentioned any weight reductions?

I think this is a great design.

It is unmistakably "Mustang" in its essence yet carries the current Ford design language.

There is no comparison to the outgoing design, which looks woefully dated in comparison.

Love it.

Uh, they use the new V6 which was just released a couple years ago. Also, V8's contrary to popular belief get equivalent mpg nowadays to their V6 counterparts.

EU taxes by displacement which is extremely inefficient in terms of reducing carbon emissions or promoting mpg.

Heysoos

Man I fucking love Mustangs, don't even know why. If I didn't commute so much or if I had a full time job I probably would have picked one up instead of my Sentra.

iamblades

slide_0006.jpg

2014 for comparison

^^

It is a huge improvement over the current MY. I don't know how that hideous rear decklid on the 2014 ever got approved.

I'm more interested in details on the suspension and the weight of this than than what it looks like though.

Man I fucking love Mustangs, don't even know why. If I didn't commute so much or if I had a full time job I probably would have picked one up instead of my Sentra.

Mustang is a pretty good commuter car. The latest gen was quite comfy inside and the MPG with the V6 is great. The turbo 4 will be even better.

iamblades

This is a pretty absurd POV. There are legitimate reasons for preferring a larger displacement motor with more torque that runs at lower compression ratios on shitty fuel to a smaller high revving motor.

This is coming from someone who drives an FR-S, which is about the polar opposite of that, but I'm not going to put someone down or suggest that they are stupid because they like the feel of a big lazy engine as opposed to a small rev happy engine.

Veritas_

Wow, I like it. Very clean design. None of that "we were inspired by fighter jets and scorpions" bullcrap.

In the video that Bulbo posted, they mentioned the interior being inspired by military aesthetic and fighter jet instrument clusters in particular. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom