• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 mustang revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsip

Banned
At least they updated the shit MT82 manual. Still, more than likely won't compare to my Tremec T56.

Yoritomo

It it really does have 420 hp, independent rear suspension, 200 lbs lighter than previous car then I'm in.

I definitely like the challenger more but it's slow as shit for the money when compared to a Mustang GT.

Looks fantastic.

Engine start is stupidly placed.

I actually like the placement down low. It's awkward to have a start button up high on the dash.

Here's a video of the convertible if anyone is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heYEa47dwKA&feature=share&t=45m50s

s550_feature_1480x700_convertible-top-down.jpg

Remove the pony emblem in the front grill and I wouldn't be able to tell you it's a Mustang. That's a big problem, in my opinion. Ford should have taken that into consideration.

tbm24

I really have to question why anyone would buy a Mustang without a V8 in it. The point of the car is lost entirely without one.

I really have to question why anyone would buy a Mustang without a V8 in it. The point of the car is lost entirely without one.

The current V6 Cyclone engine with some mods can actually compete with a V8 and in most cases beat it. Granted when going against a stock V8. So you have to do some work, but the V6 is no slouch. I have a '13 V6 and it is more than enough for me. The last Mustang I had was a used '94 and my current one is much more powerful.

Pagusas

Elden Member

Want the looks without the higher price tag and worse Fuel Economy. If its your primary driver I think most would actually prefer the v6 to save money on gas.

subrock

I really wish the new mustangs chopped about 6-12" off the hieght of the side profile. I know it needs to be tall to get the massive engines in there, but the slimmer design of the 60's mustangs really just looks a lot nicer to me.

fancimus

The design reminds me somewhat of a Genesis Coupe. I definitely like it more than the current version and think it looks pretty nice for a car at its anticipated price point. Looking forward to hearing the finalized performance numbers.

I dont know how I feel about it. Its not as ugly as the new Camaros, but I dont like how they are trying to make it fit in with the design of their other cars.

It looks cool but at the same time it doesn't.

Ash_69

I'm actually not bothered by the power, or lack of in the Eco boost engine, it's more the sound. If it doesn't sound good, it could be a deal breaker for me.

diehard

Fleer
even if you dont like the look of it you have to respect the amount of horsepower they put in these for the money.

would be cool to know how much "more than 420 hp" is though.

Back-end looks better, front end looks worse.

That Aston Martin someone posted on the first page looks like some boring cheap mazda some kid put black rims on to me. Only the color is nice.

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
This doesn't look as 'mean' as last year's model, should have kept the aggressive front. Nice horsepower though, but yeah..doesn't really give off that classic Mustang look that they've done such a great job at recently.

Stasis

I like it. I think it's evolving well.

There will always be a few people who knee-jerk "EWWWW" to any new design of any car, or anything new of anything really.

The V6 in the Mustang is no longer an anemic "hair dresser" powertrain. It's very, very capable with 300 hp on tap. Don't get me wrong, the 5.0 is a badass powerplant but it's pretty rare that you can really open it up.

Unless you live in the middle of nowhere or something.

muddream

Banned
This is a pretty absurd POV. There are legitimate reasons for preferring a larger displacement motor with more torque that runs at lower compression ratios on shitty fuel to a smaller high revving motor.

This is coming from someone who drives an FR-S, which is about the polar opposite of that, but I'm not going to put someone down or suggest that they are stupid because they like the feel of a big lazy engine as opposed to a small rev happy engine.

Nobody likes the "feel" of a V6, it's the most vanilla engine there is...flat- and inline-sixes are a different story. In this case it actually has less torque and let's be honest here...getting 305hp out of a 3.7 liter engine is embarrassing 90s engineering, even when it comes to naturally aspirated engines.

I like pony cars, but they're clearly developed by lackadaisical engineers for the most ignorant customers in the world. I'm guess having a fucking live axle in a sports car will finally be a thing of the past in 2014, but I still won't be able to buy this in good conscience. A small turbocharged I4 is wrong in a pony car, there's no way they're shipping that retarded 3.7 liter V6 to Europe and a 5.0 liter V8 just isn't worth the running costs. They could easily make a tremendous car by putting the V6 they're selling to Jaguar in there, but American car makers still don't seem to get it.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I like it. I had a '09 Mustang GT, loved it. Traded up for a '13 ZL1 Camaro, which I worship. Not sure I'm trading that in for the new Mustang, but it's tempting.

Viperbah

Nobody likes the "feel" of a V6, it's the most vanilla engine there is...flat- and inline-sixes are a different story. In this case it actually has less torque and let's be honest here...getting 305hp out of a 3.7 liter engine is embarrassing 90s engineering, even when it comes to naturally aspirated engines.

I like pony cars, but they're clearly developed by lackadaisical engineers for the most ignorant customers in the world. I'm guess having a fucking live axle in a sports car will finally be a thing of the past in 2014, but I still won't be able to buy this in good conscience. A small turbocharged I4 is wrong in a pony car, there's no way they're shipping that retarded 3.7 liter V6 to Europe and a 5.0 liter V8 just isn't worth the running costs. They could easily make a tremendous car by putting the V6 they're selling to Jaguar in there, but American car makers still don't seem to get it.

Most V6s in the the mustangs price range don't make 300hp. Which V6 that's in a Jag makes over 300hp NA? I could be wrong, but I don't think there is one.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Ford does not own Jaguar or Aston anymore. Jaguar is owned by an Indian company which I find HILARIOUS.

Why exactly is that hilarious? Jaguar-Land Rover is backed by an extremely wealthy guy (Ratan Tata) and his company and their enormous wealth is being shared with JLR to produce by far the best cars on the road. Production remains in Britain. Budgets per car are astronomical. There is hardly a corner cut.

The sales spikes and demand for both Jaguar and Land Rover are in triple digit percentages for 2013...it's an unprecedented change (Range Rovers are sold out for 8 months all across the world). Reliability is superb. Dealership experience is exceptionally buttoned up no matter where you go.

I own a new Jaguar XF 5.0. Getting an F-Type R next May. Wife might get the new Range Rover Sport. My experience with Jaguar has eclipsed all of the German trash I've bought from BMW and Audi over the past decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom