• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 mustang revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertdroog

Some pics I haven't seen posted in this thread:

Not sure where people are getting the "it doesn't look like a Mustang" vibe. It's undeniably Mustang. Love the more modern look.

When compared to the cars in my original post, I think there is value in the statement why it doesn't look like a Mustang. The front end for the most clear example.

It unabashedly shares features from a few cars, including what we know as historically Mustang. So while it looks like an evolution of a Mustang, there are some glaringly non-Mustang aspects to it, so much that one can point to a modern car on the road and state, hey that 2015 Mustang looks like a Fusion or Aston Martin, as opposed to a Camaro or Lamborghini.

Wow, that black one is really sharp. I have a 2013 Ford Focus Titanium (debated between the ST and Titanium, but I didn't want a manual in the end), and I think I'll make this my next car.

I keep seeing Evo when looking from the side.

To my eye, it looks like an Accord coupe:

2015-Ford-Mustang-rear-three-quarters-in-motion.jpg
gzNa15c.jpg

Tawpgun

It just looks more like a European/Japanese sports car than an American Muscle.

Dodge Challenger is now officially the best modern muscle car. It is known

LOLDSFAN

Man that second picture in the OP doesn't look like a Mustang. They have distinct headlights and you can't tell from that angle. It really does look like an Austin Martin. :/

hwalker84

It just looks more like a European/Japanese sports car than an American Muscle.

Dodge Challenger is now officially the best modern muscle car. It is known

I love my Challenger I just hope for 2015 Dodge revamps it. Unfortunately the leak from a few days on the Fast and Furious set looks almost the same. They said the interior is completely revamped which could make or break my decision. It's weird seeing myself in a Ford.

Guess Who

Banned
The headlights are obviously inspired by the late 90s, early 2000s Mustangs:

2004_Mustang_40th.jpg

Doesn't look nearly as good as the past few years, though.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Going for that fastback feel for sure.

My first car ever was a 66. Fucking brilliant little 289 - I dig the new design enough that i would drive it but no modern car has the throat of the old muscle.

It doesn't look too shabby actually. Definitely an improvement from the previous generation.

Gotta say, between this and the new Vette, I do like what america is doing for the most part, but it does kinda feel like they're starting to lose a little bit of identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom