• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mxrz

Not sure I buy Curry "suddenly figuring it out" so much as Delly and everyone else having nothing left at the end. They're doing this stuff with practically no bench.

charsace

Great rebounder and passer though. So the loss definitely hurts in that sense. Agree on the defense though.

His rebounding is overrated as he is a David Lee type of rebounder who will be in bad positions defensively because he is thinking of the rebound and not the set that is going on. He's good, but to me a guy like Duncan does better board work as he doesn't sacrifice defensive position for them.

Noob question: Why would good players NOT want to go play with Lebron next season? If he gets good support, aren't they guaranteed a title?

Messi has Neymar, Suarez....Ronaldo has Bale, James...I dont understand.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Wow what a terrific finals. I knew this was going to be something special but Damn. I can't believe I counted the Cavs out when Kyrie went down. Steph may be the MVP but this is still LeBron's league.

You're about the only one who thought it would be a special finals. Most folks were picking W's in 4 or 5, even with Irving playing.

LBJ will become legendary if they pull this out. Cleveland's first title, in this way. Good lord. GOAT.

suberzat

Can someone shop Klay's face onto Vegeta and Steph's on Goku with Delly as Buu?

vegeta-and-goku-vs-buu-2-o.gif

We still need this gif

Mik317

Nonsense. His cocky attitude will show if they win this finals.

He deserves to be cocky after beating the best team in the league and his second best player is Mathew Dellavadova and shit.

Dude is averaging 40 pts a game.

I'd tell everyone to suck mah deeeeeek at the podium

Feep

Banned
Fuck those refs man. Sure it's in the leagues interest to look after its best player but that overrule inbound call was bs. The refs made that call and should have stuck with it.
Are you fucking serious right now? "I was happy with the referees making an absurdly obvious mistake that could very well determine the outcome of the championship." Jesus Christ.

Yeah, you've got to remember the sense of sadness when Irving was injured and the Cavs were down 0-1. Everyone genuinely thought that the series would be a damp squid, an easy sweep.

I mean, this is insane. If LeBron gets the championship for Cleveland in these circumstances then his legacy is complete and the rest of his career is nothing but bonus points.

Agreed, but the basketball ain't right though. One team has turned it into a streetfight because they have to and the other team is too naive to respond / react / adjust.

Yea but it's not not like the Cavs didn't have a chance to win game 1, if Bron or Shump hit that last shot the series is 3-0.

see5harp

Curry made a few desperation 3's after he had a few costly turnovers. That is not the same Steph that actually impacted basketball games. Draymond is still playing like he's a hustle player off the bench with no sense of purpose or basketball IQ. Dumb fouls, costly turnovers, and an inability to box out and grab defensive rebounds. I didn't think I'd ever say this but Kerr needs to play david lee.

charsace

You're about the only one who thought it would be a special finals. Most folks were picking W's in 4 or 5, even with Irving playing.

LBJ will become legendary if they pull this out. Cleveland's first title, in this way. Good lord. GOAT.

I hope they don't win and Kevin Love bolts to LA. The drama would be glorious.

First 3/4's - Cav's with the usual lead, by 10 points.

Last 1/4 - Cav's start fucking up or Lebron getting tired (probably both); down to the wire fuckball once again

Another close game, could go either way.

Fucking .

But still, good game despite the almost fuck-over-Cavs call the refs could have made at the last 20 seconds.

Good reminder that Curry is still a beast at the eleventh hour too.

And GS ... I still question fouling Lebron twice in the final seconds. Maybe not intentional, but jesus don't go after the guy with such a freaking high % for free throws.

Jonm1010

Banned
seems like you didn't watch the game my friend

I saw shitty chucking for 3 quarters and worse turnovers than harden's game 5

a couple 3's when your team is in desperation mode and the game is pretty much over doesn't impress me

Dude, seriously? The Warriors just scored the most points in any quarter of this series, had the widest scoring margin and their key players showed life. And showing life in desperation instead of rolling over is exactly what you don't want to see if you are the Cavs. They have confidence now.

Throw in the fact that the Warriors have figured out things schematically. Lee and Iggy will be quick sub-ins next game if Barnes struggles or any front court player has foul or performance trouble.

I want Gentry to have success and I want to see Lebron pull off this historic accomplishment so I am fairly indifferent but you are lying to yourself if you think this ending is whatever.

Kerr needs to put in Lee more. Dude is hungry for minutes and is giving it 110% while motivating the other players. Heat did this very well with specific role players and it works.

Still can't believe that no call on Lebron tackling Curry from behind. While it didn't decide the game it screwed with the Warriors momentum big time. Hopefully Curry shows up for the first 3 quarters of game 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom