• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonm1010

Banned
Lebron averaging 41 ppg, 12 rpg and 8.3 apg Brehs.

Pretty incredible. I think his efficiency is going to need to uptick going forward though. Would like to see him attack more. Change some of those 3PA into drives and I think that is easily possible.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Nonsense. His cocky attitude will show if they win this finals.

Yeah, I bet he'll celebrate or something if they win. Fucking asshole. Shake the trophy's hand then go home and kiss your wife and kids goodnight like a real man!

I hope you're not serious

This seems very similar to all the "thug" talk about Richard Sherman.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
lol a dude can't be cocky when he just won a world championship?

you've got some deep seated issues

of course I pretty much know why you and the rest of these petty dudes that talk about hating on lebron because "he's cocky" feel the way they feel

No lebron deserves his hate. the whole pep rally was wwe levels of heel nonsense, the "you guys are spoiled by me", the "what should i do campaign", acting like a champ playing 2nd no 3rd no 4th fiddle while dirk destroyed his team (also mocked him being sick), "i don't foul out", etcetc

he has give an unbelievable job of rebuilding his image though, and he's clearly matured as a leader. i really thought he was so overrated back then, but now? he's one of the GOATs

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Warriors still in ok shape honestly. The Cavs looked completely gassed in the 4th this game. Lebron playing 50 mins a night is absurd. Delly has gone from like 15 mins to 40+ minutes a game. They are getting absolutely nothing from JR (actually worse than nothing at times because hes still JR).

I think the Warriors are using David Lee the way they should. He is such a liability on defense but is a gain offensively so just wait till late in the 3rd / 4th to get him in the game. Limits the damage the Cavs can do on him when Lebron is tired. Playing him early on is going to be a disaster.

jman2050

How will the Cavs handle the adjusting of Steve Kerr going to David Lee more in Game 4?

The better question is how will the Warriors handle JR Smith when he shows up for Game 4?

Cavs and Dubs have been adjusting to each other throughout the whole series, resulting in good runs for both teams. Cleveland has gotten the better of them so far but we'll see what happens.

Cipherr

Fuck those refs man. Sure it's in the leagues interest to look after its best player but that overrule inbound call was bs. The refs made that call and should have stuck with it.

Cmon man, they got the call right. Thats what a real sports fan wants. You are asking them to keep a bad call active just so your side can win. Thats ridiculous.

Also, this is only game 3. Calm the hell down. This series could be tied in 3 days. I still have huge reservations about this Cavs team possibly beating this Warriors team.

No lebron deserves his hate. the whole pep rally was wwe levels of heel nonsense, the "you guys are spoiled by me", the "what should i do campaign", acting like a champ playing 2nd no 3rd no 4th fiddle while dirk destroyed his team (also mocked him being sick), "i don't foul out", etcetc

he has give an unbelievable job of rebuilding his image though, and he's clearly matured as a leader. i really thought he was so overrated back then, but now? he's one of the GOATs
Disgusting post.

Oozer3993

Dear Draymond Green,

Please continue to ignore the open jumper and instead drive to the lane and try to score over Timofey Mozgov. It may not have worked tonight, but I'm sure it will next time!

Sincerely,

Cavs fans.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Cavs and Dubs have been adjusting to each other throughout the whole series, resulting in good runs for both teams. Cleveland has gotten the better of them so far but we'll see what happens.
I haven't seen much adjusting until the last third of the game with lee. Then Kerr takes him out for some reason. Both teams just taking turns shitting the bed. With a few clutch shots thrown in for good measure.

TTG

Well, it was better for GS than last game, but still awful. They've wilted, dropping 2 games now, but I don't see it continuing, they're too good. People are going to be reactionary about it, but GS is not going to continue to put up 91 and 93(in OT). A couple of obvious things:

-Draymond's stock has been plunging all series. He has no offense, it's really as simple as that. If he can't take advantage of a mismatch by outrunning the other team's big down the field he's done. He's not a 3 point shooter either, he has to take them because of the system, but he has always been terrible at it.

-Bogut has been just as bad. This is why David Lee is out there. The GS front line has nothing to offer and their defense isn't good enough to effect Lebron, may as well take a chance with Lee.

-Klay should be starting on Lebron. Barnes is getting dismantled, he's in a position right now where his starting role is a sinecure to Iggy. That can't happen, put Klay on Lebron and send help when he gets deep.

For GS, this series has been about wilting(all 3 games really) and their front line being so inconsequential that double teaming Curry at the three point line is a viable strategy for Cleveland.

Ae7rxec.gif

I'm not sure I like how threatening this celebration is.

DJ88

As a Miami fan, I hate myself for this... But I'm rooting for him. Not Cleveland though... Fuck them.

Same here. At first I didn't care who won, but watching him climb this insurmountable mountain is making me want him to win. But I hate it so much cause Gilbert and the shitty Cleveland fans. I'd only be happy for LeBron and the true fans that aren't two faced assholes.

Warriors still in ok shape honestly. The Cavs looked completely gassed in the 4th this game. Lebron playing 50 mins a night is absurd. Delly has gone from like 15 mins to 40+ minutes a game. They are getting absolutely nothing from JR (actually worse than nothing at times because hes still JR).

I think the Warriors are using David Lee the way they should. He is such a liability on defense but is a gain offensively so just wait till late in the 3rd / 4th to get him in the game. Limits the damage the Cavs can do on him when Lebron is tired. Playing him early on is going to be a disaster.

Well, if they could get a decent start to a game they'd be in great shape but that has evaded them so far. They got a good shot at game 4 if the Cavs don't have the same shot in the arm they had tonight due to it being the first game in Cleveland. But it really is puzzling, like the Grizz all over again. Sometimes they look like their offense is unstoppable and other times they literally can't make a basic layup. Defense has been alright all things considered.

I'm enjoying how often we're seeing players on the ground fighting for loose balls in these Cavs series' because you can apparently shoot someone point blank in the head and it's legal as long as it's a loose ball. Funny stuff. Lebron hit Curry with the M. Bison slide and nobody said nothing

charsace

Dear Draymond Green,

Please continue to ignore the open jumper and instead drive to the lane and try to score over Timofey Mozgov. It may not have worked tonight, but I'm sure it will next time!

Sincerely,

Cavs fans.

He's over thinking and not hustling on defense. And he is trying to bait fouls when he drives instead of driving hard and trying to finish. And he isn't catching boards. Sick of seeing him.

Macadinho

Banned
My problem wasn't with the call which some posters were implying, it's the way the call was made. Refs made a call, the Warriors were gonna inbound the ball with both teams set up and some official of Cavs persuasion obviously got the refs to look at it. Such bs man.

But whatever bring on game 4, Kerr make the adjustments are we'll be right there again. #DubNation

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Golden State isn't winning this in 7. Game 7 LeBron form is an unholy terror.
So they'd have to win three in a row, 2 in Cleveland. Doable, sure but I'm really starting to doubt it.

I can't believe the Cavs are up 2-1. I was one of those expecting a relatively easy series once Kyrie went down. I just wonder if the Cavs defense can hold. Looks like it so far.

Oh hey look. Its Dirk wearing a shirt professing "He's that dude" and celebrating after winning a chip. What a smug asshole right?

Or maybe, let these athletes enjoy reaching the pinnacle of their sport perhaps?
I see. So misconstruing my words is what we'll do now? I had a problem in the way presented the trophy. Dirk isn't even doing the same thing as Lebron.

Delly gonna get paid $$$$$$$$ too
dan better be ready with that check book

So they'd have to win three in a row, 2 in Cleveland. Doable, sure but I'm really starting to doubt it.

idk man, Lebron won those game 7's at home, so it might be different this time if they play in Oakland

Winning Game 7 on the road is extremely difficult in any playoff series but even more so in NBA finals. Isn't it only like 20% of teams, or less?

TTG

Before we get carried away gushing about Lebron, you're aware that he's gonna smash the 4 game field goal attempts record in the playoffs by about 20 shots next game, right?

I'm enjoying how often we're seeing players on the ground fighting for loose balls in these Cavs series' because you can apparently shoot someone point blank in the head and it's legal as long as it's a loose ball. Funny stuff. Lebron hit Curry with the M. Bison slide and nobody said nothing

It was more like a Dhalism slide. His whole body is on the ground as opposed to Bison who just uses two legs.

Curry could've parried that tho. Just sayin'.

Zach

Gods among mere mortals
eBay Huckster
KefkaPalazzo
Dreams-Visions
thehypocrite
Outdoor Miner
ciaossu
Godslay
random25
Kastrioti
Grassy