• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
lebron-james-2011-nba-final-4q.jpg

still baffling

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Really? Are you saying the 2011/2012 Celtic teams were trash? What about the 2011 Bulls or 2013 Pacers? So the 2012/2013 Miami championships should have an asterisk? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, considering they beat the Western Conference champion...

The East has been hot garbage this year, but a lot of it is because of injuries.

Ok, I'll definitely give you the celtics. The others...not so much. Victories in the Finals are part chance match-up advantages and partly the fact that the West champions had to run a serious gauntlet just to make it there and were worn down/tired. No byes in the first round of the West. Strongest East teams frequently were getting byes in first and second rounds.

Don't forget how badly LeBron got worked on the other end of the floor.
He had Kawhi on defense, and got absolutely styled on. Leonard's coming out party courtesy of Bron.

What were LeBron James' stats for the last 6 minutes of Game 5 last year?

TRICK QUESTION: LEBRON WAS A DNP - HEART

BadAss2961

Don't forget how badly LeBron got worked on the other end of the floor.
He had Kawhi on defense, and got absolutely styled on. Leonard's coming out party courtesy of Bron.
That was the Dallas fucking Mavericks that did that.

Bron lost not once, not twice, not 3 games, but 4 to the slow white geeky chump.

Looks like ESPN BPI is projecting Cavs as 28% chance to win. Just to put that into perspective for all the people saying "this is just like the Thunder finals!" that series had the Heat at 49% chance.

28% would require a pretty large upset.

Today is the day. So many cats are all in on the Warriors. if Cavs win (I have the Warriors in 6), then LeBron is officially immortalized. I'm expecting to see absolute domination from the Warriors, even more dominate than the Spurs last year in the finals. Dudes went All IN,and it has rubbed off on me. But I'm saying....... If LeBron does it, this thread will be pure gold.

Misterhbk

I'm expecting a close win tonight. Warriors by 7-8. They're all going to be nervous but once they get a foothold and realize that Lebron is human and they make his merry men uncomfortable, going forward they'll get thosd larger margin wins.

LosDaddie

Banned
I don't have a dog in the race, but I'll probably root for the Cavs just to read the meltdowns. :) GSW should win here.

I already told the wife the HDTV's mine starting at 8:45pm tonight. (I hope the broadcast is in 5.1 audio) Now I just need to just through my day at the office>gym>dinner out with the family, and I can finally sit down to an ice cold New Castle and watch some basketball.

Can't wait.

I really wish JR Smith will be this finals MVP.. The meltdowns from Lebron fans and haters will have me eatin for weeks. Its the ending you should want if you dont care about both these teams.

jmizzal

I'm expecting a close win tonight. Warriors by 7-8. They're all going to be nervous but once they get a foothold and realize that Lebron is human and they make his merry men uncomfortable, going forward they'll get thosd larger margin wins.

Thing is people say the Warriors dont have finals experience but the Cavs core players outside of Bron dont either, Mike Miller, Perk who doesnt even play and James Jones who plays barley are the ones who have played in the finals.

PBY

Banned
Thing is people say the Warriors dont have finals experience but the Cavs core players outside of Bron dont either, Mike Miller, Perk who doesnt even play and James Jones who plays barley are the ones who have played in the finals.

Finals experience is so overrated. Pressure is pressure, at some point there is there a difference between being down 2-1 in the 2nd round to Memphis, or the Finals? The stage definitely gets bigger, but I think its one of these things that we talk about to add narrative/talking points to a certain match up.

effzee

He can also score 50 with efficiency while getting 10 assists. Or maybe he scores 50 and only gets 7-8 assists. He has stretches where he can easily score but will just pass to chase a triple double because it makes him look more like a complete player or some shit.

Dude is about to be 2-4 in NBA finals for a reason. but hey go protect your FG% and be efficient while averaging near a triple double. Winning is overrated anyway

Yeah no this is stupid. You assume any and all players can automatically score 50-60 and by choice don't go for it.

Has he had 50 point games? Yes. Can he do it every night every game? Nope. No one can or does or did.

Lebron's game is at its best when he is a scorer (with a high fg%), distributes the ball, rebounds, and can guard the other team's best player. That's why he is considered the best today. He isn't MJ or even Kobe who primarily were pure scorers.

You assuming he purposely sacrificing winning a game (by choosing not to score) just to pad his stats is not based in reason. Just bias. Lebron usually gets praised for not forcing and making the right basketball decision.

If averaging a damn near triple double while still scoring 30 some points is considered protecting your stats or sacrificing winning I don't know what else he can do as an individual to convince people he is giving it his all to win.

Warped basketball logic where assists or triple doubles are bad. Scoring 50-60 is everything.

And he is about to be 2-4 for a lot of reasons, and each finals trip is different, but hey who cares lets just throw blanket statements out cause you don't like the guy and anything and everything is used against him.

Let's not even mention that GS is the better overall team, as were the Spurs the last two finals, or that OKC was (even if slightly) favored, or that the 2007 team was a complete joke against the Spurs. Only the finals against the Mavs can you make a real case but then again who cares for logic ...lol Lebron about to be 2-4.

With your stupid logic, Lebron is actually better off not even making it out of the first round. It actually (seemingly) hurts his legacy more by making the finals and then losing. Only winning the finals counts as a positive and even then its loaded with "well he plays in the east and he has so and so to help and the West is exhausted".

I think he wants to right the wrongs of him leaving. He's going to retire a cavalier no matter what and work on supporting the area and becoming a businessman there

He doesn't even have to become a businessman afterwards. I think they already reported the economic hit the city took when he left (business closed) and how much of a boom it has been since he came back.

Directly or indirectly hes been helping.

Plus he's not going out west, so Houston's out.

Miami already had a big 3? Yeah, but that ship was sinking, which was the point of moving in the first place. LeBron was looking to trade up for a younger big 3, got what he wanted, and got his ass kissed for it too cuz he went "back home."

So that leaves the Knicks as the only possible scenario to set something up... lol, Knicks.

Miami's ship was sinking? No one could have foreseen the Bosh scary lung situation, but is there doubt that if Lebron stayed and they reloaded to a degree they wouldn't be in the finals tonight?

Miami was more of a sure thing to repeat a trip to the finals then Cleveland. Yeah he left to join a much better Cleveland team than the one he left but it wasn't full of any guarantee like you or others trying to claim.

I don't get why people keep saying this or the other one I hear is "teams need to physically beat body up Curry and knock him down"

1- This ain't the 90's. You can't do that shit without officials calling flagrants. Even then, teams do get very physical with Curry. There's a lot of hugging, holding and jersey pulling when he's running through picks.
2- Teams do mark Curry all day and every day. He's shadowed with multiple people on ball and off ball as well. On pick and rolls, teams often just completely ignore the cutter and commit hard over the screen. Kerr does a great job scheming to get Curry open.
I never said beat him up. You can man mark players all the time all over the court. The rockets did it in spurts but it was maddening how they moved off curry to guard Iggy on the 3 point line. That's just dumb ball.
They don't have the coaching or team culture to pull something like that off. I know people say McHale is a "player's coach" as a compliment, but what that really means is that he has not trained his players to be able to focus on a specific type of strategy. They just don't have that kind if discipline.
Yeah, they do lack discipline and intelligence. They tried to win by pure force.

And he is about to be 2-4 for a lot of reasons, and each finals trip is different, but hey who cares lets just throw blanket statements out cause you don't like the guy and anything and everything is used against him.

Let's not even mention that GS is the better overall team, as were the Spurs the last two finals, or that OKC was (even if slightly) favored, or that the 2007 team was a complete joke against the Spurs. Only the finals against the Mavs can you make a real case but then again who cares for logic ...lol Lebron about to be 2-4.

You see, this is exactly why people mock Lebron. The apology tour always starts even before the Finals and people mention how he was an underdog and how impressive it was for him to take that 2007 team to the finals (with absolutely no mention of the even more impressive choke job Detroit did that year). It's like it's okay for him to lose, because his support cast is never good enough. I mean, let's forget that he had WADE, BOSH AND MOTHERFUCKING RAY ALLEN in his last title, he does it alone!

This is fucking bullshit and the media runs with it as well, it's okay if he loses because [insert random excuse about his legacy]. And I don't get that you can talk about the other team in the Finals being better and praising his herculean effort to bring his teams to the final while ignoring what a fucking joke the East has been in the last few years. It's baffling.

Lebron is the greatest player in his generation, don't get me wrong. But you would never hear or read this shit about Kobe, let alone MJ.

You see, this is exactly why people mock Lebron. The apology tour always starts even before the Finals and people mention how he was an underdog and how impressive it was for him to take that 2007 team to the finals (with absolutely no mention of the even more impressive choke job Detroit did that year). It's like it's okay for him to lose, because his support cast is never good enough. I mean, let's forget that he had WADE, BOSH AND MOTHERFUCKING RAY ALLEN in his last title, he does it alone!

This is fucking bullshit and the media runs with it as well, it's okay if he loses because [insert random excuse about his legacy]. And I don't get that you can talk about the other team in the Finals being better and praising his herculean effort to bring his teams to the final while ignoring what a fucking joke the East has been in the last few years. It's baffling.

Lebron is the greatest player in his generation, don't get me wrong. But you would never hear or read this shit about Kobe, let alone MJ.

The Bulls were the underdogs vs Utah, and Jordan was praised for his Herculean effort to get them there.

The Bulls were the underdogs vs Utah, and Jordan was praised for his Herculean effort to get them there.

That's not what I meant. You wouldn't hear fans or writers saying how it would be ok if he lost, you wouldn't hear excuses before the games even began, or talks about how this Finals do not define his legacy. When it comes to Lebron, people have been making excuses for his losses and overpraising his victories ever since he flat out quit on his team against the Magic and the Celtics in consecutive years. That's why people mock him, not because they are "haterz".

Lebron is the Peyton Manning of the NBA.

From ESPN:

A FINALS WITHOUT KOBE, WADE OR DUNCAN
The NBA Finals will be without Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade or Tim Duncan for the first time since 1998. That '98 championship featured Michael Jordan and the Bulls beating the Jazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom