• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHKK8ZDUkAAU3Na.jpg

"so uh... you couldn't do this shit last year?"

Wade be like, "How come he don't want me man?"

lol the conversation between the two of them with Wade comparing his 06' finals to how Lebron has played during this series was kind of awkward.

I hope Love has an all-star type season next year. I'm tired of hearing from all the doubters - some folks actually think he is nothing more than a glorified Ryan Anderson. If you put Anderson on that Timberwolves team, you're not getting 26 points and damn near 13 rebounds and 5 assists a night, with the 3rd highest PER only behind LeBron and Durant. The situation this year was all about chemistry, how quickly we forget. Love and LeBron have very high basketball IQs - I still believe they can be special together once they figure it out. If I was LeBron, I would let the two young cats eat on the offensive end (Irving and Love) and be the anchor on the defensive end along with Shump. You can still be "the man" when the team needs you.

If the Cavs win it, will we say that the entire league shit the bed this year?

I feel like the 02 Kings would have swept everyone in these playoffs.

trading-places-bacon-o.gif

Michael Jordan was a fluke because he didn't play at his prime in the Bird and Magic Era and the 90s competition was nothing but cupcakes.

Bird and Magic are flukes because they didn't play with/against Wilt Chamberlain and Jerry West and John Havlicek.

See? I could also discredit entire generations of basketball too!

People who compare Love to Bosh don't realize that Bosh plays damn good D and is a pick and roll monster. Bosh would never get pulled in the fourth due to being a defensive liability.

i know no one on this page has, i'm just preempting that comparison being discussed.

Cheebo

Banned
What is GAF feeling this morning for Game 4?

Warriors win by a mile
Warriors win close game
Warriors win in OT
Cavaliers win by a mile
Cavaliers win close game
Cavaliers win in OT

Marz

People who compare Love to Bosh don't realize that Bosh plays damn good D and is a pick and roll monster. Bosh would never get pulled in the fourth due to being a defensive liability.

i know no one on this page has, i'm just preempting that comparison being discussed.

Joke post?

Bosh is a terrible defender and one of the softest big men in the NBA.

Jag

Warriors win by a mile
Warriors win close game
Warriors win in OT
Cavaliers win by a mile
Cavaliers win close game
Cavaliers win in OT

After these first 3 games, there is really no way of knowing who shows up tonight. You would think GS has the chip on their shoulder and the motivation, but damn if the Cavs don't look hungry as hell. It really could go either way. GS has to set the tone for the game early. Every play has to be a hustle play. None of this "we'll catch up later shit".

If I had to choose, I'll give tonight to GS in a close one. But if Curry shits the bed again, it's over.

FZZ

Banned

Warriors win by a mile
Warriors win close game
Warriors win in OT
Cavaliers win by a mile
Cavaliers win close game
Cavaliers win in OT

Cavs shit on Warriors from a great height

JR Smith has his fuckball game of the season

Curry rages so hard from his pop offs he gets kicked out in the fourth, cue his new nickname "Steph Maury"

Dellavedova will literally slip and slide through a player's legs to get the ball, once again cementing his place as Lebron's number 1 homie

Get fucked GAF

Cavs shit on Warriors from a great height

JR Smith has his fuckball game of the season

Curry rages so hard from his pop offs he gets kicked out in the fourth, cue his new nickname "Steph Maury"

Dellavedova will literally slip and slide through a player's legs to get the ball, once again cementing his place as Lebron's number 1 homie

Get fucked GAF

This post craked me up.

I'm thinking Cavs win this one.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Lebron looked extremely tired in the Media video that was posted. Delly was in the damn hospital for severe cramping / dehydration. The Cavs short rotation is catching up to them, and it's only game 4. I'm thinking the Cavs lose this game.

Godslay

Banned
I thought GSW would steal a game in Cle out of these two (and they very well still could). I think the Cavs will win this in a close one again.

Going to Lee changes who GSW is, and not for the best in most situations. If Green is playing through injury, that's another blow.

LosDaddie

Banned

Warriors win by a mile
Warriors win close game
Warriors win in OT
Cavaliers win by a mile
Cavaliers win close game
Cavaliers win in OT

I'm rooting for the Cavs (for the meltdowns), but I think GSW get the W tonight.

winjet81

He'll sign another 2 year deal with a one year opt out. Same thing LeBron will probably do. Hell most big name free agents will likely look to do this other than maybe Marc Gasol.

Why would Gasol skip out on signing a 2 year/1 year opt out deal?

Is he comfortable with leaving $40-50 million on the table?

Warriors win by a mile
Warriors win close game
Warriors win in OT
Cavaliers win by a mile
Cavaliers win close game
Cavaliers win in OT

I'll be taking Cavs close again. Like, 101 - 97.

I think CLE again takes a 9+ point lead into Q4 and again struggles through fatigue and questionable shot selection to try to hang on. Game will be slow for 3 quarters, and faster in Q4. If Dellavadova has to play more than 40 minutes, CLEs chances to win become very low. If Smith/Shumpert can buy Dellavadova some time/rest by not being fucking incompetently when lined up against Curry after dealing with the inevitable series of screens allowing his minutes to be 30-35, CLE may win slightly more comfortably.

If the CLE coaching staff don't have an immediate answer for what Lee brings to GS with his kickout game at the corner of the FT line, Cavs lose. I expect the quietest but most important role players to date (JR Smith, Dellavadova, Shump, Green, Barnes, Iguodala in particular) to be the difference-makers, with 20+ point production from the players it is expected from, either by volume or precision and consistent play/defense from the usual suspects.

CLE loses if GS's best FT shooters get to the line 20 times or more (combined). Or if LBJ no-shows at the FT line as he has done in games past randomly. This will not be a game where CLE can afford to go 18/30 from the line or some shit as they've done on occasion, even bricking technical foul shots.

CLE loses if GS' poor 3-point chuckers (Iguodala, Green, Barbosa) are hitting 3s at a 40%+ clip. Those 3 will continue to get looks as a consequence of CLE's continued to commitment to minimize the Splash Bro's collective uncontested looks from beyond the arc. Rotations after passes out of double-teams will be critical for CLE to minimize easy GS basket opportunities and wide open 3's. Though I'll live with Iggy, Green or Barbosa beating us by hitting 5+ 3-pointers.

the cavs just had their second best player fall completely apart less than 48 hours ago.

I don't see how anyone thinks they can keep this pace. They're 8 dudes killing themselves out there while Kerr just remembered that he had david lee at the end of bench playing candy crush for half the playoffs. They can't keep this intensity up.

i'd call being hospitalized because you basketballed too hard not exactly peak playing condition for your second best player atm

Hospitalized probably just to get an IV; not really a big deal.

Wife went a couple of times during her pregnancy when she had some cramping. They just stick an IV in you and you lay down for a bit.

Not like he's got ligament damage or any musculo-skeletal injury that requires surgery.

Hospitalized probably just to get an IV; not really a big deal.

Wife went a couple of times during her pregnancy when she had some cramping. They just stick an IV in you and you lay down for a bit.

Not like he's got ligament damage or any musculo-skeletal injury that requires surgery.

the point being that the cavs are exhausted, they're playing at an intensity that they cannot keep up because they're short on players. The Warriors are much fresher and less injured, they have more players available to them. they can basically win these finals through attrition.

i'd call being hospitalized because you basketballed too hard not exactly peak playing condition for your second best player atm

Their second best player is JR Smith.

Delly right now is the sparkplug hustle player that's doing the intangibles.

They can win tonight's game.

They have to keep GS in the half court, which they've done to great success.

Into

Nothing suggests that Warriors will win, i thought Cavs played better in G1 and were 2 shots away from winning the game. Warriors shot like shit in that game and looked overall poor. The fact that David Lee is seen as some saviour is bothersome

Id put Draymond on LeBron and Barnes on Tristan and just see what happens, give Draymond something more to do on D than just box out Tristan. That or start Iggy against LeBron, because Barnes is just pushed around and scored on by LeBron

maladroid

Lebron looked extremely tired in the Media video that was posted. Delly was in the damn hospital for severe cramping / dehydration. The Cavs short rotation is catching up to them, and it's only game 4. I'm thinking the Cavs lose this game.

Uh5mUjE.jpg

The Dubs are hoping to Bradbury their way to a championship.

I really hope the Cavs don't suffer the same fate as the Clippers. JR better go off tonight.

If your argument is that the Cavs will get tired that's the must lazy strategy ever.

I think Cavs win a close one and David Lee gets more exposed on defense, peeps forget he had like 5 fouls in a brief moment that he played.

I also expect the Cavs to win the FT margin and LeBron to set the tone early punching in the mouth the dubs.

Also is good day for mozz and JR to have good games.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
It's not about a strategy, it's just a fact. The last two games the Cavs exhaustion has been quite obvious when the 4th quarter roles around.

Id put Draymond on LeBron and Barnes on Tristan and just see what happens, give Draymond something more to do on D than just box out Tristan. That or start Iggy against LeBron, because Barnes is just pushed around and scored on by LeBron

If barnes and Green keep playing like garbage on the offensive end i'd pull them out and put iggy and lee in there. They're not only not being effective on the offensive end but the small hit you'd take on the defensive end by putting Lee in there is negated by how much better the offense flowed when he was on the floor.

If your argument is that the Cavs will get tired that's the must lazy strategy ever.

I think Cavs win a close one and David Lee gets more exposed on defense, peeps forget he had like 5 fouls in a brief moment that he played.

I also expect the Cavs to win the FT margin and LeBron to set the tone early punching in the mouth the dubs.

Also is good day for mozz and JR to have good games.

the warriors can run around all day, setting screens and pick and rolls till the cavs tire out. Last game proved that the cavs can't keep up all 4 quarters. Also, Lebron is out there playing the entire game, it's going to get to him eventually.

It's not a lazy strategy, it's exploiting a weakness. That's exact what strategies do.

the cavs just had their second best player fall completely apart less than 48 hours ago.

I don't see how anyone thinks they can keep this pace. They're 8 dudes killing themselves out there while Kerr just remembered that he had david lee at the end of bench playing candy crush for half the playoffs. They can't keep this intensity up.

I think they can. They're professional athletes inches away from the pinnacles of each of their individual careers, from LBJ all the way down to Joe Harris. They have a maximum of 4 games left in the season. They're being reminded over and over again that all they have to do is win 2 more games and they will feel no more pain. 2 wins and they join the Pantheon. 2 wins to immortality and shrines erected in public spaces around Northeast Ohio.

They will give it all. They will be dragged from the court if need be, and LBJ and that coaching staff will make sure of it.

IMO.

Jag

I think they can. They're professional athletes inches away from the pinnacles of each of their individual careers, from LBJ all the way down to Joe Harris. They have a maximum of 4 games left in the season. They're being reminded over and over again that all they have to do is win 2 more games and they will feel no more pain. 2 wins and they join the Pantheon. 2 wins to immortality and shrines erected in public spaces around Northeast Ohio.

They will give it all. They will be dragged from the court if need be, and LBJ and that coaching staff will make sure of it.

IMO.

I agree. LBJs body is ready.

Here's one thing I'm pretty sure of.
If Cleveland has a huge lead going into the 4th, it's still up for grabs.
If Golden State has a huge lead, it's fucking over. They have the depth to close it out early. The Cavs don't.

Here's one thing I'm pretty sure of.
If Cleveland has a huge lead going into the 4th, it's still up for grabs.
If Golden State has a huge lead, it's fucking over. They have the depth to close it out early. The Cavs don't.

CLE has held the lead for 3/4's of the total minutes over the series.

GS has been playing from behind way too often.

If they get a 10-15 to 4 pt run tonight very quickly, they're winning this game.

It's not about a strategy, it's just a fact. The last two games the Cavs exhaustion has been quite obvious when the 4th quarter roles around.

They get tired, but as you said they were tired at the end of those games and won 2 games. So not a deciding factor yet, don't know why you think is going to be one now.

the warriors can run around all day, setting screens and pick and rolls till the cavs tire out. Last game proved that the cavs can't keep up all 4 quarters. Also, Lebron is out there playing the entire game, it's going to get to him eventually.

It's not a lazy strategy, it's exploiting a weakness. That's exact what strategies do.
No they can't. They got 24 seconds to do that and they hardly do as they are a 7 seconds or less team, and once the Cavs get the ball they get a breather as a by product of Iso ball.

I think they can hold on. Besides, there's a lot of spirit involved is sustaining the effort. Is like you admit the dubs won't match their intensity and effort so you hope for them to not able to hold on instead of demanding the dubs to match it.

That entitlement culture.....

IMO.

Yeah, the Cavs have hope and belief, why are they gonna break now that they're closer than ever?

I don't think so.

Oozer3993

This is easily the biggest game in Cavs history and the biggest game in Cleveland sports in almost 20 years. Which means I can't shake the feeling that something bad is gonna happen. Either the Warriors win a blow out, or the Cavs squeak one out but lose Delly or LeBron to injury. I mean, this is Cleveland we're talking about. Nothing good ever sticks for our sports teams :(

Godslay

Banned
Minutes between the teams aren't dissimilar, even with Cleveland going with 8 man rotation as opposed to GSW 10 man.

4 minute difference between starters, 6 for entire team per game on average.

Not to mention games aren't up and down run the court affairs. Pretty slow paced games. I'll believe the wear down theory as soon as it's backed by on the court evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom