• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebo

Banned
Elt0NS3.gif

Your sarcastic post prior to this counted as a claim that GSW will win in a landslide. Sorry, thems the rules. You are stuck with this prediction now. Forever.

Game 7 isn't in Cleveland, right?

5 is GSW, 6 is CLE, 7 is GSW.

Game 7 isn't in Cleveland, right?

...Can we make it happen anyway? He wouldn't even be able to make it off the court. If the crowd didn't get him, LeBron would grab him and chuck him through the roof of the Quicken Loans Arena!

Game 7 is in Cali.

Should JR hit a shot like that, OMG THE SALT! MOUNTAINS OF IT!

effzee

This is such a weird series and matchup.

Usually when a team is up 2-1 and has a home game for game 4 I'd say confidently that they have the series wrapped up.

Cavs don't. I see them winning games 2 and 3 but they really shouldn't be winning at all. Even with Kyrie they were pretty big underdogs. They should have been swept.

And it's because of that I still think all the pressure is on them. The ease up tonight and lose GS is going home tied and completely back in this series.

And knowing how naturally players let up I just don't see Cavs winning tonight.

GS by double digits and Curry gets at least 30. Still think GS in 6. Cavs winning the series still isn't logical to the brain.

Series will be decided tonight imo. GS isn't coming back from down 1-3 but Cavs also aren't winning 2 out of 3 of the next games if tied at 2-2.

BadAss2961

Obviously Golden State has to show up tonight, but I don't see why the Cavs can't win. They've outplayed the Warriors the entire series outside of the 4th quarter and an overtime.

Golden State's a better team, but they really weren't ready for this. Hopefully they find it in them before it's too late.

Zach

I compiled the picks so far since I asked on the last page:

Warriors win by a mile:
M.D

Warriors win close game:
Jag
Iadien
LosDaddie
BronsonLee

Warriors win in OT:

Cavaliers win by a mile:
FZZpure

Cavaliers win close game:
thehypocrite
Godslay
Dreams-Visions

Cavaliers win in OT:
Dramos

Oh, cool! Take it over, my man. I'll go with... the Warriors in a close one! the Cavs win a blowout!

>_>

Sotha_Sil

I hope Kerr is smart enough to know not to change his defensive strategy dont double LeBron dont know why people on ESPN are suggesting that.

Warriors are playing decent defense, they just have to play harder and on offense make shots, they have missed too many open looks

Agreed, they've done fine on defense. The Cavs aren't shooting lights out. The problem is that Cleveland's defense has been holding them to record lows going into the 4th quarter.

Some of it is excellent defense by the Cavs. Some of it is GS missing a lot of shots they normally make.

DopeToast

Banned
Cavs win a close game.

I'm still super un-confident in our chances to pull this off, but I'm like that with any team I root for otherwise I get my hopes up too much.

This is easily the biggest game in Cavs history and the biggest game in Cleveland sports in almost 20 years. Which means I can't shake the feeling that something bad is gonna happen. Either the Warriors win a blow out, or the Cavs squeak one out but lose Delly or LeBron to injury. I mean, this is Cleveland we're talking about. Nothing good ever sticks for our sports teams :(

As a child of Cleveland, I have the same feeling. But LBJ is the only Cleveland athlete since Jim Brown capable of single-handedly shattering any curse. I continue to be reluctant to hope, living through childhood memories of Bernie Kosar's Browns playing and losing to John Elway. My heart still breaks when thinking back to losing Game 7 of the World Series in the bottom of the 9th inning to the Marlins, never mind handing Maddox, Glavine and Smoltz their only WS rings.

Honestly? I might not believe until we're up 10 with 15 seconds left in the deciding game of this series. I won't really believe if we go up 3-1 tonight. I will reluctantly hope, but I can't really let myself believe. I've seen this movie played before, and will all these injuries...it feels like defying God to take this series from Golden State. I suppose the lifetime of sobering as a Cleveland sports fan is what makes me tend to be objective about this sort of stuff. Just sort of hoping against hope now.

Cheebo

Banned
And knowing how naturally players let up I just don't see Cavs winning tonight.

That's the thing, if we all realize this is the most important game of the series and will almost certainly decide who wins the Cavs have to realize this as well right?

Cheebo

Banned
Not going out on much of a limb there.

Cavs win - up 3-1 with three chances to close it out.

Dubs win - turns into a 3-game series with HCA.

If Dubs win it is over. There is no way The Cavs have the ability to last a full 7 game series here, they need to close it out quick if they are to win.

effzee

That's the thing, if we all realize this is the most important game of the series and will almost certainly decide who wins the Cavs have to realize this as well right?

Of course and they will say it too. But it happens all the time when you have the momentum, hype, and crowd on your side. You just think you have to show up and it will be handed to you.

All these games have been super close and with a team like GS you can't give an inch.

Plus all metrics, records, and logic still tells me GS is the better team. Unless Cavs win tonight I still think GS wins the series.

There is no doubt in any sane person's mind that LeBron and that coaching staff made it crystal-clear that they do NOT want to have to win again in Oracle. Can they do it? Absolutely. They almost took 2 there. Do they want to do it running only 7 or 8 players in the rotation? Fuck no. They won't be legit shook if it goes 7...but who wants to have to win in the enemy gym in a 7-game series?

Take care of home court and your shrines are secured.

Wizman23

Banned
You guys can't seriously be seriously trying to make the Ws as tired as the Cavs are.

The fact that the Ws came back from 20 down to within 1 point last game and that the Cavs spent the whole OT of game 1 not being able to do anything offensively is telling in regards to which team has the fresher legs. The Cavs are tired, their rotation is really just 6 guys deep vs what the warriors have and when they're playing iso ball on the offense the Cavs aren't the only players catching their breaths during that time.

y'all gonna see a tired ass team tonight. I'm calling it, it's going to be a blowout.

Give me a break. These are professional athletes who are in tip top shape and have access to the best trainers and facilities in the world to get their bodies prepared for a game. You are acting like they ran a marathon yesterday. They played a 48 minute basketball game 2 days ago. Big deal.

How can Vegas ever favor the team playing with out 2 of its best 3 players?

Because the team actually plays D without those two, they still have the best player in the world and they are playing at home? At least a pickem. So many people are now picking Cavs outright if you're going to throw them 2.5 to 3 you might get the clippers/spurs thing lol.

I was in vegas for that game... so many people lost their shit when clips won by only 1 or 2 cant remember. It was so funny watching spurs fan piss their team lost but they won money cause of the line.

They looked so mind fucked.

I would just like to take some time and let us all take in the situation at hand.

In these NBA Finals, we have an absolutely dominant team at full strength against a scrappy, injury-ridden underdog from a small city with almost nobody left on their bench.

We are rooting for LeBron James as the goddamn underdog.

And we are rooting for JR Smith in a non-ironic way.

I love basketball.

Spinluck

Give me a break. These are professional athletes who are in tip top shape and have access to the best trainers and facilities in the world to get their bodies prepared for a game. You are acting like they ran a marathon yesterday. They played a 48 minute basketball game 2 days ago. Big deal.

GAF has been wrong, aside from a few standouts, by a pretty wide margin.

Nothing has made sense this series so I think the least expected outcome is what happens tonight.

Cavs in triple overtime

cool.

So when the Ws run off the cavs in the fourth will you say they got tired or outplayed or what?

I would just like to take some time and let us all take in the situation at hand.

In these NBA Finals, we have an absolutely dominant team at full strength against a scrappy, injury-ridden underdog from a small city with almost nobody left on their bench.

We are rooting for LeBron James as the goddamn underdog.

And we are rooting for JR Smith in a non-ironic way.

I love basketball.

aint nobody doing that man

Since when is Cleveland a small city? LeBron still the beat player in the world so he may be on a injured team it's not like he is some massive underdog.

take lebron out of the equation and this is a 20-30 win team at best without love and kyrie

I'd say they're a massive underdog considering the circumstances

Dubs fans holding on to any little thread of hope they have left.

This series was super close to being 3-0 CAVS already.

Go on LeBron, wreck these bums and win Blatt COTY next season so Lakers can hire him one day.

Since when is Cleveland a small city? LeBron still the beat player in the world so he may be on a injured team it's not like he is some massive underdog.
Compare those rosters without Kyrie, Love and Varejao. Cavs are massive underdogs in this, best player in the world or not, the Warriors are a 67 win team with the MVP on it.

Jarate

Banned
Dubs fans holding on to any little thread of hope they have left.

This series was super close to being 3-0 CAVS already.

Go on LeBron, wreck these bums and win Blatt COTY next season so Lakers can hire him one day.

Series was close to being 2-1 warriors

Honestly, like I said, if the Warriors don;t play like dejected little bitches they win this series, They are a better team and even after playing like garbage for 3 games, they still are only down 2-1

If they win game 4, the series suddenly looks a lot different.
Matthew+Dellavedova+NCAA+Basketball+Tournament+-e600g4f_m6l.jpg

HXZUGXEBPEAJCNC.20101008000252.jpg

LMAO.

This is the face of a NBA Superstar.

Dude looks like Theon Greyjoy from GoT

Is there any NBA player that can sut this dudes dick off?

Compare those rosters without Kyrie, Love and Varejao. Cavs are massive underdogs in this, best player in the world or not, the Warriors are a 67 win team with the MVP on it.

Pls...Charles barkley was MVP when they didn't feel like giving it to MJ again. What happened in the finals? Karl Malone was MVP when they didn't want to give it to MJ again, what happened in that finals?

LeBron still the best people just got bored giving him all the awards.

Kyrie is great but still needs a lot of work, love and varejao are just overrated at this point. Remember when Rudy Gay was putting up 20 a game because there was no one else? That's Kevin Love for you. Raps and Memphis got better without Gay.

Cleveland probably better off without Love.

LeBron didn't win because he wasn't the best player of the year. The two week break did that in. I'd put Harden and Curry over him.

But without that break, they ain't here.

diffusionx

Gold Member
LeBron still the best people just got bored giving him all the awards.

Please. LeBron didn't win MVP because he took a two week vacation to go hang out in Miami in the middle of the season. And before that he was playing like utter trash.

You don't give a person the MVP for a half season of good work.

Please. LeBron didn't win MVP because he took a two week vacation to go hang out in Miami in the middle of the season. And before that he was playing like utter trash.

You don't give a person the MVP for a half season of good work.

Yup. He can be offended all he wants to, but it took him half the fucking season to round into MVP form. He knew it was going to be a rebuilding process but still came out of the gates acting like a bitch for the many of the first 40 games of the season. You don't get to be MVP like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom