• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
exhaustion has a cumulative effect, thehypocrite. If you're tired in game 1, 2, and 3 it's likely you'll be more prone to exhaustion and prone to it sooner, too. Maybe Lebron can hold on and play +40 minutes a game for the rest of the series but Delly just showed you that he probably can't. And it's not going to get less tiresome in the next 2-3 games.

Look, if the cavs overcome these odds then this will be one of the greatest upset stories of all time. But I'm not seeing it happen given the circumstances. My guess is that tonight dictates the tone for the remainder of the series.

Omega

Banned
You can't just look at minutes played, it's what those players are doing during those minutes.

There's a reason Delly got hospitalized while Draymond was contradicting himself in post game interviews

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
They get tired, but as you said they were tired at the end of those games and won 2 games. So not a deciding factor yet, don't know why you think is going to be one now.

I disagree, it has been a factor in both games, it just hasn't cost them a game yet. The Warriors were able to do anything they wanted in the 4th quarter of the last game. Delly was spent, Lebron was Spent. The Cavs are playing much harder during their minutes, IMO, and there are still at least 2 more games, probably more. Not going to argue any further, it's pretty damn obvious the longer the series goes, the team that is far deeper will be more fresh than a team that is full of injuries, and benefit from that.

AkuMifune

Banned
Though I'm rooting for Cleveland, I have to go with GS by a large margin tonight.

Because if it doesn't happen tonight...

Currys_done_1024x1024.jpg

exhaustion has a cumulative effect, thehypocrite. If you're tired in game 1, 2, and 3 it's likely you'll be more prone to exhaustion and prone to it sooner, too. Maybe Lebron can hold on and play +40 minutes a game for the rest of the series but Delly just showed you that he probably can't. And it's not going to get less tiresome in the next 2-3 games.

Look, if the cavs overcome these odds then this will be one of the greatest upset stories of all time. But I'm not seeing it happen given the circumstances. My guess is that tonight dictates the tone for the remainder of the series.

But that's a weird way of looking at it. They had plenty of rest before the start of the series so game 1 is whatever. There was 2 and a half days before game 2 and there will be 2 1/2 after game 4 so I dunno, keep hoping for exhaustion to cripple the Cavs I just don't see it. It seems more like a narrative to avoid admitting that your team hasn't matched the intensity of the Cavs.

Besides, they are playing basketball. I think you are overestimating the toll it takes.

I disagree, it has been a factor in both games, it just hasn't cost them a game yet. The Warriors were able to do anything they wanted in the 4th quarter of the last game. Delly was spent, Lebron was Spent. The Cavs are playing much harder during their minutes, IMO, and there are still at least 2 more games, probably more. Not going to argue any further, it's pretty damn obvious the longer the series goes, the team that is far deeper will be more fresh than a team that is full of injuries, will benefit.

I said deciding factor though.

Godslay

Banned
You can't just look at minutes played, it's what those players are doing during those minutes.

There's a reason Delly got hospitalized while Draymond was contradicting himself in post game interviews

Like I said, the games have been relatively slow.

It's not like GSW is standing around all game and Cleveland is frantically running around. Delly gave max effort sure. You can't act like the grind is probably pretty close to equal on both teams especially when Cleveland has been pushing around GSW which takes its toll when they are the smaller team.

You guys can't seriously be seriously trying to make the Ws as tired as the Cavs are.

The fact that the Ws came back from 20 down to within 1 point last game and that the Cavs spent the whole OT of game 1 not being able to do anything offensively is telling in regards to which team has the fresher legs. The Cavs are tired, their rotation is really just 6 guys deep vs what the warriors have and when they're playing iso ball on the offense the Cavs aren't the only players catching their breaths during that time.

y'all gonna see a tired ass team tonight. I'm calling it, it's going to be a blowout.

I can no longer hate Lebron. What he is doing this series is legendary and here I am trying to downplay it with stupid shit like "but but efficiency!". No more.

You guys can't seriously be seriously trying to make the Ws as tired as the Cavs are.

The fact that the Ws came back from 20 down to within 1 point last game and that the Cavs spent the whole OT of game 1 not being able to do anything offensively is telling in regards to which team has the fresher legs. The Cavs are tired, their rotation is really just 6 guys deep vs what the warriors have and when they're playing iso ball on the offense the Cavs aren't the only players catching their breaths during that time.

y'all gonna see a tired ass team tonight. I'm calling it, it's going to be a blowout.

If Warriors lose again in game 4, are you sticking with this narrative?

maladroid

He really doesn't have a choice. Lebron can't keep posting those Triple Double numbers.
I doubt Delly will be posting another career high in scoring either. Home crowd, crucial game, no excuses. Get 'er done, JR.

This is absolutely true. I was on him about his shot efficiency until you realize the magnitude of what he's doing.
The dude has missed more shots than Curry has attempted. And then you realise that he's still more efficient than Steph. The offensive burden he's taken on to 'free up' the rest of his team to lockdown on D is sorta amazing.

jman2050

Lebron's inefficiency isn't even hurting them that much because Thompson and Mozgoz are cleaning up the boards so well.

Basically, instead of a miss leading to a GS fast break and an easy 2/3 points, misses are leading to extra possessions, putbacks or, at worst, GS setting up their own half court offense. That's a win for Cleveland either way.

Misterhbk

The Cavs are gassed. However if they win that's just credit to them playing their asses off despite it. Which is what should happen 2 wins away from the holy grail. Simple as that.

That said. Dubs got the wake up call. Monster Splash Bros night incoming. Believe.

yes, because the cavs can't keep this pace up. Besides, Kerr has the wiggle room to make adjustments whereas the Cavs can't. So yeah, I'm all in on Ws

oh, youre talking about a blowout? It's happening for sure. Cavs looked more tired than ever before last game and they're coming off of 2 days rest while the Ws are making adjustments and Curry started getting his shot back.

Shirow

Banned
Can't wait for tonight's game, this has been the most amazing basketball finals in a long time. If Cleveland wins this one it's over.

Jag

Can't wait for tonight's game, this has been the most amazing basketball finals in a long time. If Cleveland wins this one it's over.

4 years of Finals being a Heat fan brought some of the best highs and worst lows so it's nice to actually sit back and enjoy the action. Of course I wish we were still IN the Finals, but this is less stressful and cheaper.

M.D

sweep incoming lol

30 point blowouts every game just watch

curry can't shoot this bad next game.. no way

no way lebron can keep this up

cavs are bound to get tired.. any day now

if anyone can come back from a 3-1 it's this team!

whatever we're the real winners fuck bron

sweep incoming lol

30 point blowouts every game just watch

curry can't shoot this bad next game.. no way

no way lebron can keep this up

cavs are bound to get tired.. any day now

if anyone can come back from a 3-1 it's this team!

whatever we're the real winners fuck bron

Beneath the sarcasm lies a fearful smirk. "What if they're right?" he thinks to himself sheepishly.

But seriously, this is the greatest it has ever been around here. Desperation levels on all sides is at an all time high.

Im hyped as hell.... I agree being a Cleveland team there is just this feeling something very Cleveland sports thing is going to happen tonight.. hell it looked like it the 4th of game 3 when they blew that lead in a few of minutes.

We will probably see some Mean Joe Harris action today.

Im hyped as hell.... I agree being a Cleveland team there is just this feeling something very Cleveland sports thing is going to happen tonight.. hell it looked like it the 4th of game 3 when they blew that lead in a few of minutes.

Shumpert having a serious injury as he appeared to in game 3 could have ended the series. They only have 3 guards. edit: Well, they also have Joe Harris, I guess.

Like I said, the games have been relatively slow.

It's not like GSW is standing around all game and Cleveland is frantically running around. Delly gave max effort sure. You can't act like the grind is probably pretty close to equal on both teams especially when Cleveland has been pushing around GSW which takes its toll when they are the smaller team.

I think fatigue will only really matter if the Warriors can stretch it out to 6 or 7 games (or Lebron breaks down for any reason). One thing to keep in mind though is that Warriors players have expended much less energy on defense, and will probably continue to. Most possessions Iggy or Barnes are guarding Lebron while the other players hover near the paint / 3 point line.

But basically I think the whole series comes down to Steph getting it going and the warriors hitting their open threes. Cleveland is exposing the other players and Curry is choking.

Kanguro

Neo Member
"I feel like we'll wake up and we'll get there," Warriors forward Andre Iguodala

"This reminds us so much of the Memphis series," Klay Thompson said.

"I mean, that shot [Matthew Dellavedova] hit when we were down one when Steph fouled him, that was just lucky, man," Thompson said. "I guarantee he doesn't practice that shot so -- big player though -- and we're not going to let this game deflate us."

Thompson issued a prediction: "If we get our offense back, which we will, we're going to win this series."

Green said, "Kind of haven't been shooting it with confidence, huh? I'll say it. But it'll be different on Thursday."

Don't know how I feel about the Warriors mindset at this point. It doesn't seem like they understand that they're losing because they're getting outworked by a hungrier team. It's luck, or them not being awake, or it just like Memphis it will sort itself out. It's like they feel if they just keep doing what they're doing the shots will suddenly start dropping, which is also what a lot of people in this thread feel.

Personally if I was a Warriors fan I wouldn't be comfortable with such a relaxed attitude. It also makes me think Kerr might be kind of a shitty motivator. I feel like the guy always rationalizes things a little too well e.g. when Harden was going off "oh well he's making tough shots but our defense is perfect", when they nearly lost in game one "oh well that was out plan just 'let´ Lebron get 40 and he won't be able to beat us." Maybe he needs to light into his guys a bit more?

jmizzal

I hope Kerr is smart enough to know not to change his defensive strategy dont double LeBron dont know why people on ESPN are suggesting that.

Warriors are playing decent defense, they just have to play harder and on offense make shots, they have missed too many open looks

Oozer3993

This is Cleveland. Something ridiculous and heartbreaking is gonna happen tonight. My guess: JR Smith to hit the game winning buzzer beater, only on the wrong basket.

This is Cleveland. Something ridiculous and heartbreaking is gonna happen tonight. My guess: JR Smith to hit the game winning buzzer beater, only on the wrong basket.

I wouldn't be surprised by that. Why the Warriors don't just leave JR Smith open as a strategy is mind boggling.

I hope Kerr is smart enough to know not to change his defensive strategy dont double LeBron dont know why people on ESPN are suggesting that.

Warriors are playing decent defense, they just have to play harder and on offense make shots, they have missed too many open looks

agreed, defense is certainly not the problem. cracking the cavs defense is much more important

I wouldn't be surprised by that. Why the Warriors don't just leave JR Smith open as a strategy is mind boggling.

idk, if JR smith gets going they are in some deep shit. i wouldn't just leave him open

Cheebo

Banned
Do we want to do predictions again? Do I have it in me to read all of your wacky posts once more?

I compiled the picks so far since I asked on the last page:

Warriors win by a mile:
M.D

Warriors win close game:
Jag
Iadien
LosDaddie
BronsonLee

Warriors win in OT:

Cavaliers win by a mile:
FZZpure

Cavaliers win close game:
thehypocrite
Godslay
Dreams-Visions

Cavaliers win in OT:
Dramos

Don't know how I feel about the Warriors mindset at this point. It doesn't seem like they understand that they're losing because they're getting outworked by a hungrier team. It's luck, or them not being awake, or it just like Memphis it will sort itself out. It's like they feel if they just keep doing what they're doing the shots will suddenly start dropping, which is also what a lot of people in this thread feel.

Personally if I was a Warriors fan I wouldn't be comfortable with such a relaxed attitude. It also makes me think Kerr might be kind of a shitty motivator. I feel like the guy always rationalizes things a little too well e.g. when Harden was going off "oh well he's making tough shots but our defense is perfect", when they nearly lost in game one "oh well that was out plan just 'let´ Lebron get 40 and he won't be able to beat us." Maybe he needs to light into his guys a bit more?

Lebron has a 40 pound advantage on Iguodala and man handles him down in the post. That's hard work down there.

mnannola

More than any other player ever, if Lebron goes down with an injury it is game over for the Cavs. I really hope his body doesn't falter under all these minutes he is playing. Injuries are the worst.

Godslay

Banned
I think fatigue will only really matter if the Warriors can stretch it out to 6 or 7 games (or Lebron breaks down for any reason). One thing to keep in mind though is that Warriors players have expended much less energy on defense, and will probably continue to. Most possessions Iggy or Barnes are guarding Lebron while the other players hover near the paint / 3 point line.

But basically I think the whole series comes down to Steph getting it going and the warriors hitting their open threes. Cleveland is exposing the other players and Curry is choking.

I would buy into this, with the exception being that when a team is bigger and they push around a smaller team that wears on a team just as much. That's why I think it's somewhat of a moot point.

M.D

I compiled the picks so far since I asked on the last page:

Warriors win by a mile:
M.D

Warriors win close game:
Jag
Iadien
LosDaddie
BronsonLee

Warriors win in OT:

Cavaliers win by a mile:
FZZpure