• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

Cavs are have played better with the team they have.

Their problem is their lack of depth due to the injuries.

Hard to be down two superstars.

Two Words

Welcome to the Miami Heat experience Cleveland fans. Lebron goes to the bench, lead blows up to 10.

I'm still mad at Steph and Klay
Wade and Bosh both carried the Heat when Lebron was injured or sitting. Didn't Bosh win a couple games with Wade and Lebron injured in the playoffs?

This is the first game I would come close to calling trash. The other 3 was a defensive slugfest reminiscent of 90's basketball. It isn't pretty but it wasn't trash. Both teams played great D. This game however....

I wouldnt call missed open shots, missed dunks, and jack up 3s with little to no ball movement good defense. This game I'd agree is more defensive but still nowhere near the level of offensive execution 2 teams competing for the title should be showing.

The 2004 Pistons team, that was defense. The 09 Laker vs. Celtics those were defensive showcases. Not this lol

Zoned

Actively hates charity
It's also quite baffling to see a veteran player like JR smith playing shit. Dude is an embarrassment right now.

zychi

Banned
Both teams fans accusing the refs of rigging the game for the opponent.
Sounds like an NBA playoff game.

The "rigging" claims I take issue with.
If you're a competitor, why play the game if you know the game is rigged against you?

Do I think the team that's behind in the series tends to get a few more 50/50 calls so that the series is more likely to go 7?
............yeah, i could see that, certainly happened with Kings/Lakers 02.

IF that does happen, it's shitty, but hopefully they don't manipulate game 7s.

I don't want to believe such things about the NBA.
I want to believe it's ref incompetence and that it's the hardest of the 4 major sports to officiate because there's so many 50/50 calls like the charge/block.
I have no horse in this race.

Go read about Tim Donaghey, the way you post, you're clearly too young or havent been watching basketball very long.

First off, it's not rigged.

If you're a competitor, why play the game if you know the game is rigged against you?
I can give you 100s of millions of reasons why.

Do I think the team that's behind in the series tends to get a few more 50/50 calls so that the series is more likely to go 7?

Right so you see it here but not in other places? Got it.

By Game 7, it no longer matters. The deal is done. Advertising is sold.

I want to believe it's ref incompetence and that it's the hardest of the 4 major sports to officiate because there's so many 50/50 calls like the charge/block.

I don't want to believe that people do terrible things to other people yet, they do.

It's without a doubt the hardest to officiate. Also according to Adam Silver the NBA doesn't make any more money if it goes 4 games or 7 as their TV contracts are already set. The only ones that benefit are of course the teams that get a couple more games to sell tickets and ESPN.

So in summary according to the NBA the only ones that really benefit from a series being extended is ESPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom