• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Owzers

This reminds me of Spurs/Heat game six, I think the Rockets will win game 7 and the Clippers will be shattered and won't have the history of being previous champions to sustain them.

Apath

0118_u1j8v.gif
Accurate.

McHale deserves credit for keeping Harden out. I mean, I was shouting at my TV, "Where's Harden!? Put him in!" But the Clippers had been doubling him and clogging up his normal go to places. They had the right strategy for Harden.

This is what leads me to believe that the Rockets got really lucky with how things turned out. I hope they understand this and bring some real fire to Game 7. Clippers won't go down easily. I hope they understand.

Shot chart from the crazy 4th quarter by Rox Clips

Clips:
f8LhXLJ.png

Rockets:
kVLM3HV.png

Todays games: all ESPN :mjcry
@ Wiz 7p EST
@ Griz 930p EST

Silver please bless us with 2 more game 7s

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
@BovadaLV 8m 8 minutes ago
Updated odds to win the #NBA Championship:

#Warriors 10/11

#Cavs 11/5

#Clippers 7/1

#Hawks 9/1

#Rockets 12/1

#Grizzlies 50/1

#Wizards 100/1

I'd have to say this was the best Rockets comeback in NBA history. And considering how crazy it was, that probably isn't very controversial. I know they came back from 20 points in the finals, but that was in the first half of game 1. This.. We were down 3-2, game 6 on the road facing elimination, 19 point deficit late in the third, getting styled on by Griffin. I still can't fucking believe it.

I'd have to say this was the best Rockets comeback in NBA history. And considering how crazy it was, that probably isn't very controversial. I know they came back from 20 points in the finals, but that was in the first half of game 1. This.. We were down 3-2, game 6 on the road facing elimination, 19 point deficit late in the third, getting styled on by Griffin. I still can't fucking believe it.

Same here

maladroid

It was an amazing comeback, but Harden's got to be feeling pretty hollow having nothing to do with it. I really hope he brings it in Game 7, instead of pretending to be happy on the sidelines.

lmFlDLE.png

It was an amazing comeback, but Harden's got to be feeling pretty hollow having nothing to do with it. I really hope he brings it in Game 7, instead of pretending to be happy on the sidelines.

lmFlDLE.png

Honestly, it was probably a relief. He's been carrying this team on his back all season--multiple triple-doubles, multiple 50+ games. I'd be relieved that it didn't all come down to me and that it was more of a team effort if I were him.

maladroid

Honestly, it was probably a relief. He's been carrying this team on his back all season--multiple triple-doubles, multiple 50+ games. I'd be relieved that it didn't all come down to me and that it was more of a team effort if I were him.
Mm, I can only imagine what he's feeling right now. Whatever it is, I hope it leads to a better performance next game. At the very least, I hope it shows that he doesn't have to do it on his own (and shouldn't settle for contested mid-range jumpers).

PopeReal

I still can't believe that Clippers timeout. I believe they were up 18 at the time. The Rockets were reeling. The Clipps were scoring at will. Houston looked done.

So what does Rivers do? He called a timeout. The Rockets took a breath and started to regroup. I can't recall a coach calling a timeout when you have the opponent on the ropes like that. Baffling.

Congrats to Lebron, I hope he wins one for the city of Cleveland.

I've always been against Thib's departure, but I feel OK with it at this point. His defense transformed the game in the late 2000s, but times have changed and he hasn't.

IMO, every single Bull on this team is available for the right price; they've all got weaknesses. We've made the playoffs the last 10 years out of 11 and have 1 conference finals loss to show for it in the weak East. One of the NBA's premier franchises deserves better than this.

SamuraiX-

I've always been against Thib's departure, but I feel OK with it at this point. His defense transformed the game in the late 2000s, but times have changed and he hasn't.

IMO, every single Bull on this team is available for the right price; they've all got weaknesses. We've made the playoffs the last 10 years out of 11 and have 1 conference finals loss to show for it in the weak East. One of the NBA's premier franchises deserves better than this.

It was pretty hilarious how the Bulls couldn't score virtually at all after the first quarter and Thibs thought the best solution was to leave Noah's useless ass on the floor and took Pau out halfway through the 3rd and didn't put him back in until they were down by 20 in the 4th.

I was listening to First Take and Stephen A mentioned that the Bulls front office wanted to bring in an offensive assistant for Thibs and he was just like "fuck that noise, I run this bitch."

If that's true, he needs to get gone. I applaud him for what he's done for Chicago, but his stubbornness is destroying the team's window of opportunity with the awesome core of players they have now.

flyover

IMO, every single Bull on this team is available for the right price.

I think you're right, but the trick is finding out whose value is high enough (and contract is reasonable enough) that anyone would want to trade for them. A few years ago, expiring deals (like Noah's after 15-16) had more value around the league. Now, just about everyone will cap space after next season, anyway.

Under contract for 15-16 (according to shamsports.com):
  • Derrick Rose $20,093,064 -- Nobody would trade for him at this price. Well, Billy King is still a GM...
  • Joakim Noah $13,900,000 -- Value at nadir because of his health. Who would risk trading for a one-year flier on him? Cuban? Phoenix (with their med staff of Hogwarts grads)? New Orleans, if they get Thibs?
  • Taj Gibson $8,500,000 -- Fair deal. One more year after 15-16. Probably most likely to be traded.
  • Pau Gasol $7,448,760 -- Bargain. Easy to trade, but has more value on Bulls, unless packaged with a problem contract (Rose, Noah, Hinrich).
  • Nikola Mirotic $5,543,725 -- Bargain. Will probably have even more value later. Not going anywhere.
  • Jimmy Butler $3,013,123 -- Will likely re-sign for max extension or one-year deal. Bulls then won't be allowed to trade him during offseason.
  • Kirk Hinrich $2,854,940 -- I guess we can pray that someone thinks "grit" is worth about $2000/minute. He's almost certainly opting in.
  • Doug McDermott $2,380,440. I'm sure some GM around the league is intrigued by him, but not as much as the Bulls' FO, considering what they gave up to get him.
  • Tony Snell $1,535,880. Good deal, but too inexpensive to get anything of consequence.
  • E'Twaun Moore $1,015,421. Too inexpensive to get anything of consequence.
  • Cameron Bairstow $845,059. Too inexpensive to get anything of consequence.

Nazr, Brooks and Dunleavy are free agents, but have cap holds.

Basically, looks like Taj is most likely to go, but I don't know what else the Bulls can do. They're already near the tax, so they won't be likely to take on salary in trades or free agency.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
@BovadaLV 8m 8 minutes ago
Updated odds to win the #NBA Championship:

#Warriors 10/11

#Cavs 11/5

#Clippers 7/1

#Hawks 9/1

#Rockets 12/1

#Grizzlies 50/1

#Wizards 100/1

Why not put the same amount down on each team? If the warriors or Cavs win, you lose. Anyone else you win.

Atlanta never got what josh smith did last night.

Smith would carry Atlanta to wins back in the day. On both ends of the floor. It was his emergence and the drafting of Hoford that turned Atlanta into a team that was actually competitive.

Seriously, he was that dominant when he wanted to apply himself back then.

Krejlooc

Banned
Smith would carry Atlanta to wins back in the day. On both ends of the floor. It was his emergence and the drafting of Hoford that turned Atlanta into a team that was actually competitive.

Seriously, he was that dominant when he wanted to apply himself back then.

Last night wasn't just "carrying a team to victory."

He just pulled off the greatest comeback in franchise history. One of the greatest comebacks in playoff history. You are lacking serious perspective.

Last night wasn't just "carrying a team to victory."

He just pulled off the greatest comeback in franchise history. One of the greatest comebacks in playoff history. You are lacking serious perspective.

That is cool.

I personally wouldn't undersell the Clippers in this as they had a 15-point quarter.

Mirotic is not moveable.

Nor is Gasol.

D-Rose aint going anywhere and I doubt they'll pull the plug on McDermott this soon.

Butler will get paid, he's staying as well.

Everyone else is subject for trade talks/release.

who thinks spurs had a great chance to win it this year. and they blew it.

here's hoping the grizz. having the most playoffs experience propel them toward a championship.

and lebron was sounding pretty arrogant during the last conference.

Top Bottom