• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Someone challenged me yesterday to a $10 bet on who wins Rox Clips. The hing is I have no clue who should I put money on. I'm a bit uncertain which kinds of teams will show up tomorrow afternoon(330pm EST espn). The Clips have responded well after some tough losses vs the Spurs. ROckets meanwhile
francis.png
... well they did show up last game.. The non-Hardens especially. It will also be in their house.. Momentum is in their favor too since they were just down 3-1 not long ago and then won 2 staraight.

With that said I think I'm kinda leaning towards Clips. They don't have a better roster but if at their best they play together better than Rox. If the Clips ended up losing the series even after a 3-1 lead :mjlol. I guess some things are just not meant to be.

The worst is over for Draymond. I think he can hold his own well vs whoever comes out of Rox Clips.

I see them losing 1 or 2 more games for ratings reasons before chipping.

It's fucking 10 bucks, flip a coin!

I like Warrios/Cavs finals.

SamuraiX-

I don't know how anyone picks Atlanta over Cleveland after how much the Hawks struggled against the 8th seed Nets and 5th seed Wiz.

Cavs in 5.

Warriors in 4 regardless of who makes the WCF.

I'm actually going to route for the Cavs this round. I hope they embarrass the Hawks.

I don't know how anyone picks Atlanta over Cleveland after how much the Hawks struggled against the 8th seed Nets and 5th seed Wiz.

Cavs in 5.

Warriors in 4 regardless of who makes the WCF.

I think it is because the Cavs are pretty banged up right now though. Kyrie Irving seems to be alright, but who knows how he is going to perform. Plus, the Cavs are really going to miss Love for this series.

and with the healthiest team in the ECF, they're certainly the logical pick to get to the Finals. If I were a betting man, I'd take the Hawks in 6 and not think twice. But I'm not a betting man, I'm a fan; Cavs in 6.

People talk about the Cavs health and certainly losing Kyrie hurts. But after seeing Tristan Thompson play against the Bulls I think he might actually fit the Cavs main lineup better than Love did just because Thompson is such a beast on the boards. Sure the Cavs lose some scoring without Love but Thompson more than makes up for it with his rebounding. Hell he was snatching up rebounds by himself pushing out Noah and Taj.

SamuraiX-

I think it is because the Cavs are pretty banged up right now though. Kyrie Irving seems to be alright, but who knows how he is going to perform. Plus, the Cavs are really going to miss Love for this series.

Kyrie Irving at 50-80% is still better than either John Wall or Bradley Beal, along with anyone wearing a Nets uniform. And neither of those teams had LeBron James. Hawks are gonna get steamrolled if the Cavs play like they want it right outta the gate.

CD'S BAR

hoping for some upsets but my predictions:

cavs v hawks = cavs in 6
gsw v clips = gsw in 7
gsw v rockets = gsw in 5
cavs v gsw = ???

Kyrie Irving at 50-80% is still better than either John Wall or Bradley Beal, along with anyone wearing a Nets uniform. And neither of those teams had LeBron James. Hawks are gonna get steamrolled if the Cavs play like they want it right outta the gate.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Hawks could win this series in 5 with their depth and shooting.

Ready for tomorrow. Getting more nervous than I was after Game Five (where I was sure that Rockets probably had Game Seven if they won Six), but I'm still confident that the Rockets will win

James Harden's overratedness being showcased makes me happy.

'It's only an off series or so'

Not really. This fugly basketball is who he is. Box score runner-up MVP has almost identical to his regular season numbers.

62dRAOy.jpg

Houston better win tomorrow. I don't want them to be the only top 2 seed to not make a conference final this year. The clippers are a 2.5 point favorite tomorrow though

I'm re watching the 30 for 30 on the Bad Boys and thinking is there a current day team that can physically match up against using the old 80's,90's rules on fouls?

Clockwork5

James Harden's overratedness being showcased makes me happy.

'It's only an off series or so'

Not really. This fugly basketball is who he is. Box score runner-up MVP has almost identical to his regular season numbers.

62dRAOy.jpg
Had a triple double game 5 against the clips yet is fugly. K

I'm actually going to route for the Cavs this round. I hope they embarrass the Hawks.

They were injured when they wiped the floor with the Bulls. What's changing?

For just one game...

GO CLIPPERS!!! Go STEVE BALMER!

Come on Rockets. Lets show them why H-Town is called Clutch City. My heart says the Rockets will win but my mind says the clippers will. Just can't see one team winning three games in a row against another good team. That usually means the team is dominant over the other since its so hard to do but I still feel both teams are pretty evenly matched.

It's fucking 10 bucks, flip a coin!

I like Warrios/Cavs finals.
Put money on the Clips.. im like whatevs he is a rockets lifelong so i just gave him the opportunity to back his team lol.

I'm re watching the 30 for 30 on the Bad Boys and thinking is there a current day team that can physically match up against using the old 80's,90's rules on fouls?
The most recent i can think of is the 04 pistons, and probably 3 peat shaq lakers.. they can pgysically matchup but they will still get that L though.

And also If jsut the starting 5 maybe the curent Griz, 06 heat and 03/99 spurs.

Edit games today: @ Rockets 330pm est abc

Nope, no one has the frontcourt skill or depth. You're not shooting wing jumpers and driving into the lane all day on those teams like they do now. Harden wouldn't even get off the bench under those rules.

DJwest

I had a flashback of T-Mac and Yao losing game 7 @ home to the Jazz in round 1 of the 2007 playoffs. Honestly though, I feel like the Clippers probably have a better chance than the Rockets vs the Warriors. Go Clippers.

dream

Chris Paul seemed unfazed by the Clippers’ meltdown in Game 6, which kept him and the Clippers from their first-ever conference finals.

“I went to dinner with my wife and some friends after the game, talked about it, woke up and had a neighborhood meeting about the bus stop,” Paul said. “It’s life. You get past it. You’ve got to move on.”

Nice. CP3 gave up just like I did.

The body language from CP3 and Blake when the wheels were falling off would scare me the most if I were the Clips. It's one thing for your team to choke away a lead, its another thing for your two franchise guys (one a 10 year vet) to look literally afraid to shoot while things were falling apart.

Its storming, hopefully the power doesn't go out during the game. Also there's these new dumb alert messages that cut out the whole broadcast. Its so fucking infuriating. Whoever decides to use that is an idiot. I wish they just did the old banner style at the bottom of the screen like they used to.

Its storming, hopefully the power doesn't go out during the game. Also there's these new dumb alert messages that cut out the whole broadcast. Its so fucking infuriating. Whoever decides to use that is an idiot. I wish they just did the old banner style at the bottom of the screen like they used to.

Huh, I hope not. Doesn't seem too strong right now, but I can see it getting stronger.

In any case, LET'S GO ROCKETS!!

Line_HTX

Sugar Land represent! :p

I'm very nervous... This series has been nothing but fraudulent.

Cue the Iron Chef music deciding whose cuisine reigns supreme once and for all.

The last time Rockets lost a Game 7 at home was against the Jazz.
I secretly wanted them to lose just so my high school could use Toyota Center for graduation. I'm sorry, but it was worth it!

Top Bottom