• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Carter and Curry mutual respect.

see how unlucky the Raptors are. Basketball gods should have blessed us with Curry, we made Curry what he is. He was embarrassing Raptors players as a middle school kid from Alvin Williams to Vince Carter. :(

Wiggins will come home. Believe.

Memphis fans with the ovation was real classy. Also the players too. Good series. I can't believe the last time the W's were in the WCF, the 3 point line didn't exist...

Barnes has an excellent game again...we know who he's playing for..

Harrison-Barnes-Creepy.jpg

Dubs! Who you guys pulling for between Clips and Rockets?

Clippers...divisional hated rival. Knocked the Warriors out of the playoffs last year.

Should be a war.

Houston...meh. If they win...they'll be a good matchup too. I don't like either team, but I really hate the Clippers.

Damn...Rosalyn is HAWT.

Clippers so much riding on this game legacy game for Cp3 and the organization.
I believe in the Clippers. They are my pick.

I hope Dwight Howard gets ejected this game.

Rockets have looked like such an awful team in the 2nd round. Speaks heavily on huge Clips choke. So either team is a big joke that are gonna get bounced by the Ws.

Fjordson

Warriors blasting Know Yourself in the locker room after the game. Didn't think I could love this team even more.

Gloating about wins over a team with a bench essentially 2-deep, and the gimpy version of Dwight (who went out with a 2-month knee injury less than a week after). Keeping it classy.
Is that gloating..? I mean that's literally what happened this year when the two teams played.

Rockets will need Beverly back I think. Terry and Prigs won't have much for Curry.

maladroid

Is that gloating..? I mean that's literally what happened this year when the two teams played.

Rockets will need Beverly back I think. Terry and Prigs won't have much for Curry.
Yes.

On November 8, the Rockets lost to the Warriors by 11 points.
On December 3, the Rockets beat the Grizzlies by 9 points.

Which game was closer? Can you honestly tell what happened just by looking at the outcome?

What literally happened in those first two games against the Warriors was a close contest up until the last 6 minutes when the injury-depleted Rockets ran out of gas. To say you swept, fine. Saying they were by double digits, glossing over the circumstances to enhance the perception of those results, is what took it over.

How quick were you to put asterisks on the wins the Spurs, Clippers and Grizzlies had over your team during the season? But but we didn't have Bogut. But but we were playing our third game in four nights. Are you really gonna tell me it's as simple as 'that's literally what happened'?

And there's still a game to be played on Sunday. With how the series has gone so far, it really could go either way.

I don't understand this logic that the Cavs will be a much better team next year regardless of anything. It's not like Irving and Love never had injuries in their careers, or that the second couldn't bolt in the near future, or that Lebron isn't getting older...

Is it because Miami got better?

two things:

1) cleveland's guaranteed a bench upgrade for at least two positions with varejao coming back (and the roster finally having good players ahead of him means he's gonna be playing less minutes from here on out) and some team being cheap enough to trade a decent piece for haywood's inexplicably massive expiring. added bonus being that injury chances to those two (plus varejao) are gonna be somewhat lower as a result of playing less minutes.

2) love isn't bolting before at least the cap spike in 2016-17 because he isn't a complete moron.

but yeah, this team's only going to improve with another year. they were already on that 65-win pace in the second half vs. 49 wins before lebron's HGH break.

two things:

1) cleveland's guaranteed a bench upgrade for at least two positions with varejao coming back (and the roster finally having good players ahead of him means he's gonna be playing less minutes from here on out) and some team being cheap enough to trade a decent piece for haywood's inexplicably massive expiring. added bonus being that injury chances to those two (plus varejao) are gonna be somewhat lower as a result of playing less minutes.

2) love isn't bolting before at least the cap spike in 2016-17 because he isn't a complete moron.

but yeah, this team's only going to improve with another year. they were already on that 65-win pace in the second half vs. 49 wins before lebron's HGH break.

yep.

Someone challenged me yesterday to a $10 bet on who wins Rox Clips. The hing is I have no clue who should I put money on. I'm a bit uncertain which kinds of teams will show up tomorrow afternoon(330pm EST espn). The Clips have responded well after some tough losses vs the Spurs. ROckets meanwhile
francis.png
... well they did show up last game.. The non-Hardens especially. It will also be in their house.. Momentum is in their favor too since they were just down 3-1 not long ago and then won 2 staraight.

With that said I think I'm kinda leaning towards Clips. They don't have a better roster but if at their best they play together better than Rox. If the Clips ended up losing the series even after a 3-1 lead :mjlol. I guess some things are just not meant to be.

The Cult of Draymond rolls on!
The worst is over for Draymond. I think he can hold his own well vs whoever comes out of Rox Clips.

The Warriors may not lose another game.
I see them losing 1 or 2 more games for ratings reasons before chipping.

I've been thinking about it but coming up empty. I need suggestions.. I was never accused of being witty.
francis.png

The last one I thought of was |OT| For the sake of formality.

Or |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure. (two smiths ballin, got idea from JR Smith's IG)

Since the Clips seem to want to protect their legacy of failure and disappoint, I think the Rox close out this
shameful
series with a W.

But who cares, just give the Dubs the chip now.

That game 6 debacle with the clips/rox makes me wonder how they ever beat the Spurs in a 7 game series.

The tinfoil hat in me thinks Pops threw that series because they were tired after making it to the finals two years in a row.

One could say the same thing about the Bulls. Yet, the same thing applies to both teams they have nobody that can stop Lebron. Not counting out the Bulls yet, since they have Pau Gasol back. People getting deceived by the performance of the Wizards frontcourt. Nene and Gortat are old and these good games from them are aberrations. John Wall is still inconsistent dude is shooting less than 40 percent from the field in these playoffs. He will cost his team games like he usually does.

See how right I was, John Wall shot 7-21 had 6 of the 11 turnovers for the team.
And when it comes to the Wizards frontcourt, Gortat was ill, so we can give him a pass but Nene shot 2-7 with 5 pts and 11 rebounds. Wizards need to revamp their frontcourt because they ain't getting any younger, no upside. Props to the Hawks for winning the series.

See how right I was, John Wall shot 7-21 had 6 of the 11 turnovers for the team.
And when it comes to the Wizards frontcourt, Gortat was ill, so we can give him a pass but Nene shot 2-7 with 5 pts and 11 rebounds. Wizards need to revamp their frontcourt because they ain't getting any younger, no upside. Props to the Hawks for winning the series.

I agree with that, but it just isn't that easy. Damn near 2/3 of the league needs a better front court. Washington will probably need to get it in the draft. Part of the reason CLE really needs to do what they need to do to hold onto Tristian Thompson AND Love. Good bigs are the real commodity in the NBA right now. Few and far between are the difference-makers. Bigs like Vallenchunas (sp? toronto's young C), Mozgov, Thompson and others will be well compensated due to the lack of talent at that position.

Top Bottom