• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Oh god someone is gonna overpay DeAndre Jordan aren't they

With the way the cap is going to increase I think he's worth a max. Athletic, defensive minded 7 footers can be important pieces, and they don't grow on trees. The Cipps will probably be the ones to give it to him though, so I'm curious how far a CP/Blake/Jordan/Doc core can go. Window might be closing on them.

Line_HTX

AND THAT'S ALL SHE WROTE!

Gg, Clippers, you are as good team. Doc better stay.

BRING IT ON, CURRY!

Tears are delicious on the choke.

dream

The Clips shaking the Rockets' hands like the soft fucks that they are was like the final twist of the dagger that they stuck in my heart.

Clips Warriors would've been an awesomely fun high octane series.

Rockets Warriors?
Ugh.
Warriors in 5, could easily sweep them.
Lame.

So close to a god tier WC Final, CP3 v. Steph.

Is anyone excited for Rockets Warriors other than Houston fans?

You know who was TMac's coach in Orlando when he famously gloated and then proceeded to blow a 3-1 playoff lead too? Doc. If it weren't for Tom Thibedau and Kevin Garnett saving his ass Doc would be Byron Scott.

CFPYMRXVIAAGBoH.jpg

trixx

Clippers smh... Welp good luck to the remaining teams should've been in off-season thread a while ago but kept pulling for underdogs. These final matches should be entertaining though.

I honestly think Clippers had better chance against golden state but we'll see.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
Most devastating loss for the Clippers in their franchise history.

Meanwhile in LA, the only basketball related thing on peoples' minds are the Lakers draft position.

Go to Seatle, Clippers.

With the way the cap is going to increase I think he's worth a max. Athletic, defensive minded 7 footers can be important pieces, and they don't grow on trees. The Cipps will probably be the ones to give it to him though, so I'm curious how far a CP/Blake/Jordan/Doc core can go. Window might be closing on them.

Windows closed. You need to have enough talented low cost players on the bench with 2 max players (much less 3 max players). Players like Jones and Prigioni consistently gave the Clips problems and they're playing on sub 3 mil contracts. The Clips will be up against the cap with CP/Blake/DJ already, and doc has not shown the ability to draft well. They won't be able to use Larry Bird rights on any talented players to go over the cap because they don't even have the players worth spending it on (can't imagine a team dumb enough to do a sign and trade for anything we have)

The status of the Clippers as THE joke team of the NBA has been officially cemented today. Back when they were always just irrelevant garbage it was just routine. But now, they're finding new and exciting ways to lose and humiliate themselves.

Windows closed. You need to have enough talented low cost players on the bench with 2 max players (much less 3 max players). Players like Jones and Prigioni consistently gave the Clips problems and they're playing on sub 3 mil contracts. The Clips will be up against the cap with CP/Blake/DJ already, and doc has not shown the ability to draft well. They won't be able to use Larry Bird rights on any talented players to go over the cap because they don't even have the players worth spending it on (can't imagine a team dumb enough to do a sign and trade for anything we have)

I don't know. A lot of people thought the window was shut on Dirk's Mavs until 2011. They have a core they have to get the right blend of role players though. That's what Dallas did. That does require them to strip Doc of all but his coaching duties and bring in someone with cap/financial savvy and actual talent evaluation because Doc sucks shit at that stuff. This man gave Spencer fucking Hawes the full MLE for crying out loud..

Not as far as a CP3/Blake/Jordan/Thibs core could.

Top Bottom