• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Troll Bayless at it
Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless 5m5 minutes ago
Chris Paul has played 10 NBA seasons, he's 30 years old, STILL never been to a conference finals. STILL best known for commercials.

You know who was TMac's coach in Orlando when he famously gloated and then proceeded to blow a 3-1 playoff lead too? Doc. If it weren't for Tom Thibedau and Kevin Garnett saving his ass Doc would be Byron Scott.

Wow. He is now 6-6 in game 7s too.
CFPZS_eVIAAMSYD.jpg
Lmaoooo

Tom Penny

I wish the Celtics got more than a 1st rounder for Doc. The fraud winds up with a good record, fucks our pick and then shits the bed in the playoffs.

Ballmer is too easily impressed. Every time Jordan dunks it's like his first time seeing one.

He parlayed a fairly generic and expected response to the handling the Sterling scandal into this image of being this moral leader of men (though nobody has asked him why he took Sterling's money in the first place...) and got people like Ballmer to eat out of the palm of his hand and not question him. Not sure if this choke changes that.

Honestly he has been riding the Clippers dick for the longest time lately, kind of sad that he would do this bandwagon type move and hit them when they are down. Forget about Magic Johnson being the Lakers greatest player just a bit classless, and don't wanna hear bleeding gold for life bullshit. I am talking about his rants how he endorsed the Clippers as LA's new team and hating on the Lakers losing.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
On that one possession towards the end when Griffin got the ball, Houston didn't have anyone near him and he still looked to get rid of it immediately, lol. Had an easy midrange jumper or at least attempt to drive it in. Rockets knew he wasn't going to do anything.

Is this one of the best comebacks in NBA history? This has only happened 8 times before, and the rockets went from losing by 25+ points, being completely decimated in every way down to Austin Rivers showing up Harden, to winning by double digits each time the next 3 consecutive games. Not to mention the incredible game 6 36 point swing by the rockets on the road without harden.

overcast

I admit I was a skeptic, but that's fine. I'm just gonna go ahead and do this. Better enjoy it while it lasts because the Warriors are damn near perfect imo.
They had help like all great players do but they also took over the game in crucial moments. Melo and Harden have not and will not do that.

Like I said Harden and ESPN can enjoy his victory over Lebron and maybe get a undeserving MVP trophy (it's eithet Steph Curry or Lebron IMO) but he's not making it past the 2nd round with or without Dwight.

Carmelo Anthony and James Harden are great players who'll get there shots and stats but will never, ever get past the second round.

In response to the off-season thread:
Don't worry the Rockets won't too far behind!

Rockets got lucky facing the weakest team in the WC playoffs for round 1. There's no way in hell they can beat the spurs.

Spurs over Rockets in 5. Every year Rockets fans say the same thing.

Well at the very least, you shouldn't have any worries about the Rockets. They will never get past the second round.

Rockets not making it to the Warriors or Grizz
After thinking about it some more, I think the Spurs and the Clips are equally terrible matchups for Houston. With the Clips, Blake and DJ would feast on Josh Smith and Dwight. If the Rockets play the Spurs, Pop would just put Kawhi on Harden for 40 minutes and Houston would be fucked.
smith_howard_adidas.jpg

Oh yeah, Dream did this before. Maybe a bit premature.

Fjordson

overcast slaying lmao.

I honestly think Houston / GSW will be a good series. Rockets supporting cast is playing well and Dwight is contributing (so long as he doesn't let Bogut bait him into an ejection or anything crazy).

dream

I wasn't expecting my team to become soft little girls. They tricked me into thinking they were legit. Stop victim-blaming, you dick.

overcast slaying lmao.

I honestly think Houston / GSW will be a good series. Rockets supporting cast is playing well and Dwight is contributing (so long as he doesn't let Bogut bait him into an ejection or anything crazy).

Yeah, I believe.

Honestly, you can see if the Rockets are having a really good game by looking at the performance of the role-players and bench. They do so much for the team

overcast

I wasn't expecting my team to become soft little girls. They tricked me into thinking they were legit. Stop victim-blaming, you dick.
You guys will be back next year I think. Spurs, Warriors, OKC, and Clippers will be great. Grizz if healthy of course.
Aren't there posts of even Rockets fans giving up when they were down 3-1?
Plenty. I watched every single game though, and we won. Being negative about your team is too easy.

Top Bottom