• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Mr. Sunny

Banned
Twitter is too funny.

CFPm27xUEAAWaIH.jpg

Tom Penny

League leaders in 3 pointers made this year:

1. Houston
2. Golden State
3. Cleveland
4. Atlanta

ohhh.png

lol

NBA analysts give me some diagnostics on how 3pt oriented teams are faring this playoffs…seriously, how's it goink?

— Phil Jackson (@PhilJackson11) May 10, 2015

Why am getting cranky stuff? Seriously, bball, it's about penetration. Those cranky the Heat/Spurs got it..Heat via s/roll, Spurs all ways.

— Phil Jackson (@PhilJackson11) May 10, 2015

Enron

Banned
Fuck the Clippers. Pieces of shit have earned my hatred for all eternity for not putting the bigger-pieces-of-shit Rockets away. I hope Doc Rivers is out on the street this time tommorrow

Still heavily DISLIKE Dwight Crybaby Howard and lightly dislike Floppy James Harden.

......But I give Houston respect from coming up 3-0 without one slip up and kept LA at bay by 20 points every game.

Now's to hoping Golden State can put them on vacation.

Not to have a persecution complex, but its frustrating seeing reactions across the internet being mostly 'clippers choked' or 'warriors will sweep rockets' instead of 'awesome comeback by the rockets'.

Not to have a persecution complex, but its frustrating seeing reactions across the internet being mostly 'clippers choked' or 'warriors will sweep rockets' instead of 'awesome comeback by the rockets'.

I don't think the Warriors will sweep the Rockets but the Clippers did choke.

Game 6 decided the series.

The Rockets did what I thought they would do though and closed them out at home(I didn't think there would be a game 7 however).

Fjordson

Not to have a persecution complex, but it'd frustrating seeing reactions across the internet being mostly 'clippers choked' or 'warriors will sweep rockets' instead of 'awesome com back by the rockets'.
People like to focus on the negative.

Even as a Warriors fan, guarantee we don't sweep. And we'll see if we win the series, nothing's certain.

Half of me wants to dig up all the smack talk Clippers fans and Rockets haters posted in this thread particularly after game 4. But the other half of me realizes I have better things to do with my time. Also, Matt Barnes is a dirty player and human being and gets what he deserves

I don't think the Warriors will sweep the Rockets but the Clippers did choke.

Game 6 decided the series.

The Rockets did what I thought they would do though and closed them out at home(I didn't think there would be a game 7 however).
Chezzy has a point though. Even after the Rockets won game 6, the line for game 7 was LAC -2.5

So, lets not act like everyone felt the Rockets would win game 7, because they were actually still underdogs in the betting world

facelike

People like to focus on the negative.

Even as a Warriors fan, guarantee we don't sweep. And we'll see if we win the series, nothing's certain.

Nothing is certain......but I'm pretty damn sure the Warriors are going to beat the Rockets. Both have great offenses but the Warrior's D will make the difference.

Enron

Banned

That's because everyone hates the Rockets. The entire franchise is so unlikeable.

GM - asshole
HC - asshole
james harden and dwight howard - super assholes
josh smith - galactic asshole

Everyone wants to see them fail. EVERYONE

If the Rockets get to the Finals and win, there is no god

League leaders in 3 pointers made this year:

1. Houston
2. Golden State
3. Cleveland
4. Atlanta

ohhh.png

Wizards shot extremely well from the 3pt line in the playoffs and should have advanced but they went away from the 3/stopped making them at a 50% clip in the last three games.

That's because everyone hates the Rockets. The entire franchise is so unlikeable.

GM - asshole
HC - asshole

wait why do people hate on Morey?

Is this one of the best comebacks in NBA history? This has only happened 8 times before, and the rockets went from losing by 25+ points, being completely decimated in every way down to Austin Rivers showing up Harden, to winning by double digits each time the next 3 consecutive games. Not to mention the incredible game 6 36 point swing by the rockets on the road without harden.

Obviously I am biased, but you could make a case for the Miami Heat in the 2006 Finals as on of the greatest comebacks ever. We were down 2-0, both of which were blowouts, and down 13 points in game 3 with 6:30 to go in the 4th. Plus, it was the Finals which adds a lot more weight to the feat, at least in my opinion.

I would also put the Dallas Mavs comeback in game 2 of the 2011 NBA Finals up there as well.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Houston, but I don't think a 2nd round comeback can be considered one of the best comebacks ever. It was impressive, and it is a great feat, but how many people, outside of Clipper/Rocket fans, are going to remember this series 10 years from now?

Obviously I am biased, but you could make a case for the Miami Heat in the 2006 Finals as on of the greatest comebacks ever. We were down 2-0, both of which were blowouts, and down 13 points in game 3 with 6:30 to go in the 4th. Plus, it was the Finals which adds a lot more weight to the feat, at least in my opinion.

I would also put the Dallas Mavs comeback in game 2 of the 2011 NBA Finals up there as well.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Houston, but I don't think a 2nd round comeback can be considered one of the best comebacks ever. It was impressive, and it is a great feat, but how many people, outside of Clipper/Rocket fans, are going to remember this series 10 years from now?

Well considering this is only the 9th time in NBA history a team has ever came back from being down 3-1, it will be remembered at least in stats.

GM - asshole
HC - asshole

I think the Clippers had them beat in the asshole department. No one cares about the GM or HC.

Why are Harden and Howard assholes? Does the internet not like them? Always thought Clippers were more disliked.

Half of me wants to dig up all the smack talk Clippers fans and Rockets haters posted in this thread particularly after game 4. But the other half of me realizes I have better things to do with my time. Also, Matt Barnes is a dirty player and human being and gets what he deserves

Chezzy has a point though. Even after the Rockets won game 6, the line for game 7 was LAC -2.5

I think you posted that line before, it was stupid.

I didn't think it was a given but I would definitely have picked the Rockets because they were at home.

Oddsmakers make me cringe much of the time.

it will be remembered for the clippers shitting the bed in the 4th quarter of game six. that's about it.

I guess Houston being a smaller market team will always result in larger market teams like LA being talked about instead of us, regardless of how well the rockets play. That's actually kind of depressing that this will be the narrative when thats not the whole story at all. There's another team in this series.

Anyways I'm done talking about this, the persecution complex aura im sensing around myself is getting too strong lol

Well considering this is only the 9th time in NBA history a team has ever came back from being down 3-1, it will be remembered at least in stats.

I know but my point is I don't think people will look back on it and say it was the best comeback ever. I guess if the Rockets win the championship this year, then it will be forever remembered.

Again, I'm not saying it's not impressive, and I think the Rockets earned it more than the Clippers choked it away. It took a lot of guts and determination to win 3 in a row, especially after getting destroyed in the first few games.

I can only imagine that the Rockets have a huge chip on their shoulder right now having come back from such a deficit in the series. It should be more a good WCF b/t those two teams

Good article on Kerr and his growth as a coach.

http://www.mercurynews.com/marcus-thompson/ci_28132102/thompson-steve-kerr-shows-growth-fly

Kerr made a bold move to bolster the defense to start the season, allowing Stephen Curry to defend point guards, something Kerr's predecessor, Mark Jackson, didn't do. Kerr got lots of praise for it, from fans, from media, from Curry. But after Grizzlies point guard Mike Conley went off in Game 2 at Oracle Arena, scoring 22 points on 12 shots, Kerr took a page from Jackson's book and had Klay Thompson defend Conley.

I felt like this was an underrated adjustment. Klay quietly wore out Conley over the course of the series (granted Conley is battling to a heinous injury).

Leandro Barbosa is one of Kerr's guys. He trusted Barbosa while most others scratched their heads. But Kerr sat his guy and turned to Shaun Livingston. It was not a coincidence the series turned.
Livingston is not only a post-up option and a guy who can set up others, but he's also a good perimeter defender. He was pivotal in the series, and it was possible because Kerr wasn't hung up on being right about Barbosa at the expense of making the right move.

Another change: giving David Lee a shot. The injury to Marreese Speights forced Kerr's hand a bit, but Lee got off the bench and produced.

This could only happen with Kerr convincing the bench to buy into the always be ready mentality/team first..That's not an option if he doesn't convince guys like Barbosa, Andre and DLee to buy in.

When Curry and Thompson's shots weren't falling, Kerr went against his own wishes and turned to Harrison Barnes more. Kerr said during the regular season that he didn't like isolation plays, which is largely why Barnes was used on a career-low 14.9 percent of the Warriors' possessions while he was on the floor.

He's not afraid to change up his on philosophy. Kerr was very against iso's all throughout the year going so far as yelling at the team for clearing out and feeding Barnes on the high post on a successful play during the regular season.

Two series into the playoffs, Kerr openly admitted and corrected his mistakes. He has gone to options that contradict his basketball philosophy. He made multiple adjustments on the fly -- some as overt as doubling the post, others as subtle as canceling practice in favor of an elongated film session.

The Warriors coach is shedding his rookie skin right before our eyes. And that's as promising a prospect as any in the Warriors' pursuit of a title.

I think that's the big thing with Kerr. He's always checking himself and because he isn't afraid to admit when he's wrong like he did at the end of game 5 ("I thought defense wasn't the problem in the two losses and so I made offensive adjustments only. But after game 3 I realized that our offensive issues stemmed from not playing defense well enough."). This is a complete contrast to Coach Hand Down Man Down. I hope the naysayers really give credit to how Kerr has brought this whole team together.

I guess Houston being a smaller market team will always result in larger market teams like LA being talked about instead of us, regardless of how well the rockets play. That's actually kind of depressing that this will be the narrative when thats not the whole story at all. There's another team in this series.

Anyways I'm done talking about this, the persecution complex aura im sensing around myself is getting too strong lol

Yo, LA might be the 2nd largest city by population, by Houston's still the 4th

We're no small-market team

Smokey

houston a small market team?

wut

Sandfox

Yup total coincidence the top 2 teams in both divisions are in the finals aided by how well they shoot the 3.

Yup.
My point was that all of those teams clearly struggled at some point in the second round and could have easily been upset. Things just happened to work out for all four teams.
I think the Clippers had them beat in the asshole department. No one cares about the GM or HC.

Why are Harden and Howard assholes? Does the internet not like them? Always thought Clippers were more disliked.

The Rockets are more hated than the Clippers from what I've seen.

Messi

This facebook comment slayed me on the clippers page.

"When I die I want the Clippers to lower me into the ground, just so they can let me down one more time."

tumblr_lvl5tyId4c1qegw8v.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Anyone know what team Enron roots for?

hehe

500x1000px-LL-5dd7a565_ezgif-2992146482.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
edit- why am I posting here again in an NBA thread. I'll just get myself banned.

later yall

Who gon guard LeBron all day? Thabo Patrick Sefolosha is out thanks to the police.

That is obviously huge, not as much as Kevin Love, but will be a factor.

LeBron won't be held down as badly as he was against Butler, so he can provide a larger scoring contribution, especially if Kyrie is still ailing and Delly doesn't go off for 20 again :p

Also don't forget Cavs played some great D against Chicago, even before the Bulls checked out late in game 6.

TTG

That has to be the most disheartening series in at least the last 5 years. Spurs/Miami was about a 90 second sequence that sent two evenly matched teams to OT, this was just guttural. And to the bumbling Rockets that could as easily have been swept? Score 6 more field goals, still lose by 13, dat Harden game in full effect. Beat the Spurs in an all time classic and then that happens.

Any chance the Warriors pick up Jordan? That would make them even more unstoppable.

Top Bottom