• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

That has to be the most disheartening series in at least the last 5 years. Spurs/Miami was about a 90 second sequence that sent two evenly matched teams to OT, this was just guttural. And to the bumbling Rockets that could as easily have been swept? Score 6 more field goals, still lose by 13, dat Harden game in full effect. Beat the Spurs in an all time classic and then that happens.

Any chance the Warriors pick up Jordan? That would make them even more unstoppable.

Ignoring the 5 less 3-pointers of course

TTG

Not if they max out Green.

Fly away Draymond, fly away. If they dump Lee and another player or two that would obviously be better, but if that's the way it goes than so be it. As much fun as it is to watch him defend players about half a foot taller than he is, at least I won't have to hold my breath every time he decides to pull a Westbrook going full court. Splash bros plus Jordan at the rim...

League leaders in 3 pointers made this year:

1. Houston
2. Golden State
3. Cleveland
4. Atlanta

ohhh.png

that...was a very unexpected stat.

anyway,

Hawks in 6
and...hard to call the WCF, tbh. Howard is the X-factor. If dominant Howard shows up, a lot of pressure will be on GS shooters to keep hitting shots. Assuming the usual contribution from Harden.

facelike

Fly away Draymond, fly away. If they dump Lee and another player or two that would obviously be better, but if that's the way it goes than so be it. As much fun as it is to watch him defend players about half a foot taller than he is, at least I won't have to hold my breath every time he decides to pull a Westbrook going full court. Splash bros plus Jordan at the rim...

Screw that, give Draymon the max deal, let go of Lee. Jordan doesn't hustle, I'd take Draymon any day.

Yes, Warriors could use some bigs like Jordan, but definitely max out Draymond. The amount of production he gives the Warriors is amazing, considering he's making $915k this season.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Y'all some salty motherfuckers about the rockets.

That's because everyone hates the Rockets. The entire franchise is so unlikeable.

GM - asshole
HC - asshole
james harden and dwight howard - super assholes
josh smith - galactic asshole

Everyone wants to see them fail. EVERYONE

If the Rockets get to the Finals and win, there is no god
Especially you.

Haters gonna hate. Not sure how Daryl Morey is an asshole though, right now he looks like a genius.

TTG

Just face it, the Rockets are a few Celtics expats away from a dream team of most irritating players. And now I gotta listen to how GS was oh so fortunate to avoid the Spurs and Clips on their way to the title. Lastly, they robbed us of a series with the potential to be as great as Spurs/Clips. There's like no upside to be had from what happened today for the non-Houston fan, unless you enjoy gloating over Paul getting bounced again, even that feels old to be honest.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Just face it, the Rockets are a few Celtics expats away from a dream team of most irritating players. And now I gotta listen to how GS was oh so fortunate to avoid the Spurs and Clips on their way to the title. Lastly, they robbed us of a series with the potential to be as great as Spurs/Clips. There's like no upside to be had from what happened today for the non-Houston fan, unless you enjoy gloating over Paul getting bounced again, even that feels old to be honest.

The only spins to give Rockets/Warriors is the "robbed" MVP Harden. Seriously, the sooner this WCF is over with the better. Sweep them GS.

Just curious, do y'all only watch sports for story lines or something?

I am not a big basketball fan, but i am a big football fan. And during the NFL playoffs I don't care who is playing as long as the games are good. I am of course only watching the playoffs (which by the way are entirely too long, as is the regular season) because the Rockets are in it.

Especially you.

Haters gonna hate. Not sure how Daryl Morey is an asshole though, right now he looks like a genius.

Man, I'm glad you said this. NeoGAF was the one hospitable place to talk about basketball (especially when compared to r/nba), but now that the Rockets have gone far in the playoffs, it's an utter shitstorm. No respect for a good team.

RELAYER

Banned
Man, I'm glad you said this. NeoGAF was the one hospitable place to talk about basketball (especially when compared to r/nba), but now that the Rockets have gone far in the playoffs, it's an utter shitstorm. No respect for a good team.

Well, Texas is primarily Republican after all.

I can't believe you're upset that the rockets 'robbed' you of a good series after they came back from down 1-3 in one of the greatest NBA comebacks in a long time. They deserve to be in the western conference finals. This is not the same team that went 0-4 to the warriors. I expect a competitive matchup and for all the people who think the warriors are infinitely better and will easily sweep the rockets to be surprised.

MechDX

Just curious, do y'all only watch sports for story lines or something?

I am not a big basketball fan, but i am a big football fan. And during the NFL playoffs I don't care who is playing as long as the games are good. I am of course only watching the playoffs (which by the way are entirely too long, as is the regular season) because the Rockets are in it.

Hey we agree on something! That's a first.

Oh and:

500x1000px-LL-5dd7a565_ezgif-2992146482.gif

Sorry, I don't buy the Rockets being any better than Golden State. This series against the Clips is more what LA did wrong than Houston did right.

That is obviously huge, not as much as Kevin Love, but will be a factor.

LeBron won't be held down as badly as he was against Butler, so he can provide a larger scoring contribution, especially if Kyrie is still ailing and Delly doesn't go off for 20 again :p

Also don't forget Cavs played some great D against Chicago, even before the Bulls checked out late in game 6.

yeah unless Kyrie needs bionic legs to actually play through this series i'm thinking this one's going for Cleveland in 6 or 7 (preferably 6)

Cleveland's playing astronomically better on defense than they ever did in the regular season (even considering the quality of opponents), LeBron got an assist from the NYPD and probably won't be shooting lower than 45%, and the bench absolutely don't give a fuck now

(on a side note: losing my shit at that Chris Paul GIF)

Mashing

Good point about the regular season team not being the same as this current constructed Rockets team. It should be a hard fought series. GS ability to lock down on D (something the Clippers couldn't do) concerns me greatly. I'm just going to enjoy the run as long as it lasts.

yeah unless Kyrie needs bionic legs to actually play through this series i'm thinking this one's in 6 or 7 (preferably 6)

Cleveland's playing astronomically better on defense than they ever did in the regular season (even considering the quality of opponents), LeBron got an assist from the NYPD and probably won't be shooting lower than 45%, and the bench absolutely don't give a fuck now

(on a side note: losing my shit at that Chris Paul GIF)

:jnc

The only concern I would have is I don't think the Hawks will go long stretches without scoring, like the Bulls did. If the Cavs bench can give them good production, then they should win easily. If they don't get anything from their bench, Lebron will still carry them, but it will be a tough series.

I'm thinking Cavs in 6, but I could see Cavs in 5 if the offense clicks on all cylinders.

Good point about the regular season team not being the same as this current constructed Rockets team. It should be a hard fought series. GS ability to lock down on D (something the Clippers couldn't do) concerns me greatly. I'm just going to enjoy the run as long as it lasts.

I've learned the regular season in hardly indicative of how the playoffs will unfold. Last season, the Rockets went 4-0 against San Antonio in the regular season. Houston was eliminated first round by Portland, while SA went on to win the championship. Then again, the Spurs always seem to turn on the switch in the playoffs....with this season being the exception.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
lol:

DHSFdGal.jpg

I've learned the regular season in hardly indicative of how the playoffs will unfold. Last season, the Rockets went 4-0 against San Antonio in the regular season. Houston was eliminated first round by Portland, while SA went on to win the championship. Then again, the Spurs always seem to turn on the switch in the playoffs....with this season being the exception.

Teams winning in the playoffs against an opponent they were swept by is an historically unlikely occurrence, though not impossible:

b1lTJKVl.png

XiaNaphryz

point still stands though

What point? I was just stating it's been historically unlikely. If Houston manages to do it again, kudos to them. Unless you're saying that because the same franchise did it with a completely different team 2 decades ago the current team obviously will do it as well because of past voodoo karma magic?

TTG

I can't believe you're upset that the rockets 'robbed' you of a good series after they came back from down 1-3 in one of the greatest NBA comebacks in a long time. They deserve to be in the western conference finals. This is not the same team that went 0-4 to the warriors. I expect a competitive matchup and for all the people who think the warriors are infinitely better and will easily sweep the rockets to be surprised.

I hope you're right and don't be so incredulous with "robbed." If the Rockets didn't just rob the Clips, I don't know what else in sports you would call that.

MechDX

What point? I was just stating it's been historically unlikely. If Houston manages to do it again, kudos to them. Unless you're saying that because the same franchise did it with a completely different team 2 decades ago the current team obviously will do it as well because of past voodoo karma magic?

The complete lack of respect in here for the Rockets is comical. See the posts captive quoted how having the Rockets in the WCF are going to diminish the inevitable legacy of the world champion Warriors before a single tip off in a game actually happens and they win said championship.

Yes you can post historical stats and show how the odds are stacked against them but the fact remains: that's why you play the game. A fan has something to hang their hat so let them enjoy it. Be grateful your team is there and have fun

Well, Texas is primarily Republican after all.

Asides from the fact that this means literally shit, you're also blissfully unaware of the fact that Houston is a toss up for either side

The only spins to give Rockets/Warriors is the "robbed" MVP Harden. Seriously, the sooner this WCF is over with the better. Sweep them GS.

Man, you guys are ridiculous. Hope I don't see you too often in the next series

Fjordson

Like last series, just comes down to Bogut and Draymond holding down the paint I think. Warriors will pretty much always have an advantage on the perimeter with their combination of length on defense and scoring on offense.

XiaNaphryz

The complete lack of respect in here for the Rockets is comical. See the posts captive quoted how having the Rockets in the WCF are going to diminish the inevitable legacy of the world champion Warriors before a single tip off in a game actually happens and they win said championship.

Yes you can post historical stats and show how the odds are stacked against them but the fact remains: that's why you play the game. A fan has something to hang their hat so let them enjoy it. Be grateful your team is there and have fun

Except not all of us are showing a "lack of respect" and really don't care either way and are just calling it as we see it, especially if we don't have a team left in the running. Just because we think one team is a favorite doesn't automatically make us "haters." But keep generalizing if it makes you feel that much better, you should feel great about your situation as it is. :p

Sandfox

It makes sense when you consider that a lot of people have issues with quite a few people on the team over things they have done in the past. Also, its not that crazy for people to expect GS domination when you compare the teams and past evidence.

overcast

Yeah... but the Rockets won the series.

4-3.

So like, they ultimately performed better. And won the series. So that potential doesn't exist. The better team won that's why we have best of 7 series.

MechDX

Except not all of us are showing a "lack of respect" and really don't care either way and are just calling it as we see it, especially if we don't have a team left in the running. Just because we think one team is a favorite doesn't automatically make us "haters." But keep generalizing if it makes you feel that much better, you should feel great about your situation as it is. :p

I just enjoy watching the playoffs and with my hometown Rockets playing it helps keep my attention even more. I guess the NBA fans are kind of a mirror image of the sport: they are more interested in style and flash than actual substance.

Just helps to tide me over till NFL training camps start.

Eos

lmao robbed? foh
the clips had it but they let it go and that's all on them. instead of trying to look at the rockets with a negative pov, look at how the clips collapsed. what a joke.

Fjordson

I don't really feel much dislike for the Rockets. Think they deserve to be here as much as anyone else. They did win 56 games despite injuries during the season.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Mech... it's not just here.

Personally talking about this crap

That's because everyone hates the Rockets. The entire franchise is so unlikeable.

GM - asshole
HC - asshole
james harden and dwight howard - super assholes
josh smith - galactic asshole

Everyone wants to see them fail. EVERYONE

If the Rockets get to the Finals and win, there is no god
That has to be the most disheartening series in at least the last 5 years. Spurs/Miami was about a 90 second sequence that sent two evenly matched teams to OT, this was just guttural. And to the bumbling Rockets that could as easily have been swept? Score 6 more field goals, still lose by 13, dat Harden game in full effect. Beat the Spurs in an all time classic and then that happens.

Any chance the Warriors pick up Jordan? That would make them even more unstoppable.

No, I just happen to loathe the Rockets with a deep fervor. I have no invested interest in the ECF and can enjoy those games for what they will be.

I hope you're right and don't be so incredulous with "robbed." If the Rockets didn't just rob the Clips, I don't know what else in sports you would call that.

Guess what. The Rockets won and the Clippers lost. Get over it. The Rockets are going to the WCF in what could be a great series.

I don't have a problem with people expecting GSW dominance, or even a sweep. But getting salty over the Rockets winning the series is stupid. ESPECIALLY if the Clippers weren't really your team. No other fanbase was acting this salty after they lost. Even the Rockets fans here weren't getting angry at the Clippers after Games 3 and 4. I doubt it's even (that many) Clippers fans doing this shit.

This crap is stupider than console wars

And how the hell did the Clippers get "robbed". Smh

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yeah I have seen quite a few of the national "media" articles. The sports world doesn't exist west of the Mississippi

BTW, you do know all this recent success in Houston sports is BOB's doing?

haha

And I mean not just respect for media. Fans/forums despise our team and players. It's beyond absurd and if I spoke my mind on here I'd be banned so quickly. I just don't post here anymore cause of that.

Enjoy this Mavs fan video from after the game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PjLXaphobk

XiaNaphryz

I just enjoy watching the playoffs and with my hometown Rockets playing it helps keep my attention even more. I guess the NBA fans are kind of a mirror image of the sport: they are more interested in style and flash than actual substance.

Are you saying GSW is an example of that? Because they've stayed in the top 2 in the league for both offensive and defensive efficiency throughout the season. These are not the typical Warriors teams from the past that were run-and-gun with no defense.

Personally talking about this crap

Sure, but Mech replied to me specifically which is why I posted that.

Are you saying GSW is an example of that? Because they've stayed in the top 2 in the league for both offensive and defensive efficiency throughout the season. These are not the typical Warriors teams from the past that were run-and-gun with no defense.

Might be saying the opposite for the Rockets. If GS was all style, it wouldn't be the favorite to win the championship right now. But Houston is decidedly "uglier" to many, leaving many to dislike the team

Let's just hope this thread stays clean during the series

Top Bottom