• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The fuck did I just watch? lol

A loon who still can't get over the Rockets. He was making videos after every game during the first round. It was posted on the clutchfan forums.

I'd say we're the most hated team next to the Clippers.

MechDX

Are you saying GSW is an example of that? Because they've stayed in the top 2 in the league for both offensive and defensive efficiency throughout the season. These are not the typical Warriors teams from the past that were run-and-gun with no defense.

Sure, but Mech replied to me specifically which is why I posted that.

Meant to put in my last response to you that it was aimed more at the posts captive posted and not you directly. I'm just going back to the NFL GAF cesspool where insularity reigns.

Good series. I've always liked The Rockets, and Harden is definitely my favorite player outside the Lakers (ASU guy). I'm hoping the next series will be epic as well. Dubs are too good this year,.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm just going back to the NFL GAF cesspool where insularity reigns.

Man, if you can handle NFL-GAF trolling you can handle anything. The Rockets have gotten it pretty bad at times in the GAF regular season thread this year, but nowhere near as bad as some of the NFL stuff IMO.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Meant to put in my last response to you that it was aimed more at the posts captive posted and not you directly. I'm just going back to the NFL GAF cesspool where insularity reigns.

lol smart choice. That's the only place I plan on posting here anymore. I just had to see the reactions of us winning this series on here.

I wonder how Konex (Cloudy) feels. His hate for Harden/Dwight is hilarious.

MechDX

Man, if you can handle NFL-GAF trolling you can handle anything. The Rockets have gotten it pretty bad at times in the GAF regular season thread this year, but nowhere near as bad as some of the NFL stuff IMO.

So the Rockets are to the NBA thread as the Patriots are to the NFL thread but without near the amount of success? Cool.

haha

And I mean not just respect for media. Fans/forums despise our team and players. It's beyond absurd and if I spoke my mind on here I'd be banned so quickly. I just don't post here anymore cause of that.

Enjoy this Mavs fan video from after the game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PjLXaphobk

Hahahaha
This bullshit is too good

I can safely go from this series and immediately transition to E3 afterwards

If the Rockets bring this to 6 or 7 AT LEAST, this series will be amazing

OK...the Warriors haven't won shit yet and I wish people would stop acting like they are the defending repeat NBA champions.

I dislike Harden's game A LOT, but I respect him and the Rocket franchise. I expect them to take their first two games at home.

I think most Warrior fans feel the exact same way as I do. We expect the Warriors to win, but the Rockets have a shot at knocking them off.

Tuesday can't come soon enough.

Tx33Ae9.gif

Sandfox

So the Rockets are to the NBA thread as the Patriots are to the NFL thread but without near the amount of success? Cool.
The Rockets are a fairly successful franchise.
OK...the Warriors haven't won shit yet and I wish people would stop acting like they are the defending repeat NBA champions.

I dislike Harden's game A LOT, but I respect him and the Rocket franchise. I expect them to take two their first two games at home.

I think most Warrior fans feel the exact same way as I do. We expect the Warriors to win, but the Rockets have a shot at knocking them off.

I don't really think they have that much of a shot without Beverly.

TTG

Guess what. The Rockets won and the Clippers lost. Get over it. The Rockets are going to the WCF in what could be a great series.

I don't have a problem with people expecting GSW dominance, or even a sweep. But getting salty over the Rockets winning the series is stupid. ESPECIALLY if the Clippers weren't really your team. No other fanbase was acting this salty after they lost. Even the Rockets fans here weren't getting angry at the Clippers after Games 3 and 4. I doubt it's even (that many) Clippers fans doing this shit.

This crap is stupider than console wars

And how the hell did the Clippers get "robbed". Smh

It feels to me like you're disproportionately defensive about basketball fans groaning at having to watch the Rockets in the next round. GS/Clips games were some of the most fun this season, so were Clips/Spurs and it wouldn't be unreasonable to say that GS and Clips were the two teams most fun to watch in the 2nd round. Rockets are... what they are. If you fundamentally don't see a difference in the quality of games, I don't know what to tell you. I suppose I could reassure you there's no genuine malice on my end. You can watch Harden take 15fts a game without fear in the coming week, I won't be "hating" on those, I don't post here unless there's something interesting to discuss.

I dislike Harden's game A LOT, but I respect him and the Rocket franchise. I expect them to take their first two games at home.

If you don't like hardens game then in what regard do you respect him

You can hate the way he plays but recognize that he did carry the Rockets through the regular season. I feel similarly about Westbrook. I hate his efficiency, over-reliance on his athleticism and decision making but I respect that he is a matchup nightmare at his position.

It feels to me like you're disproportionately defensive about basketball fans groaning at having to watch the Rockets in the next round. GS/Clips games were some of the most fun this season, so were Clips/Spurs and it wouldn't be unreasonable to say that GS and Clips were the two teams most fun to watch in the 2nd round. Rockets are... what they are. If you fundamentally don't see a difference in the quality of games, I don't know what to tell you. I suppose I could reassure you there's no genuine malice on my end. You can watch Harden take 15fts a game without fear in the coming week, I won't be "hating" on those, I don't post here unless there's something interesting to discuss.
That's the Clippers' fault, and there's not a single other team to blame.

What would your opinion on this be if you were from Houston? Let me guess, you'd still be pissed off at the Rockets for advancing and "robbing" everyone of a Warriors/Clippers series

Makes you wonder why some sport leagues are corrupt to get the match ups people want to watch. At least now we know if the NBA is corrupt and tries to rig match ups they failed miserably.

Lerozz

Man, and there I thought I should watch that game even though I was so angry after that choke game 6. Good that I didn't. Pfffffff ...

Are you saying GSW is an example of that? Because they've stayed in the top 2 in the league for both offensive and defensive efficiency throughout the season. These are not the typical Warriors teams from the past that were run-and-gun with no defense.

On top of that, let's not forget that GSW are healthy (and well rested) this time.

Matrix

And then they flop around and pretend they've been victimized. Just like Harden.

lmao

Agreeing with someone that Rockets fans are sensitive? This coming from the guy who put all Rockets fans on ignore on the "other" forum, even ones who have never said anything to you like CRUD.

Never seen a more sensitive sports fan and whiner than you. Plus you can't get over us or Harden. Thanks again for that new vid you uploaded.

Best laugh you have given me out of all your vids so far. Looking forward to the next!

Matrix

probably has shit particles all over it

How does something like that even enter someones mind? Unless you yourself have been up close and personal with it.

Disgusting.

Branduil

lmao

Agreeing with someone that Rockets fans are sensitive? This coming from the guy who put all Rockets fans on ignore on the "other" forum, even ones who have never said anything to you like CRUD.

Never seen a more sensitive sports fan and whiner than you. Plus you can't get over us or Harden. Thanks again for that new vid you uploaded.

Best laugh you have given me out of all your vids so far. Looking forward to the next!

What can I say, you represent your city well.

scabro

Well I guess a lot of us males are fucked and dirty as shit. Oh well.

nm

http://www.thebeards.com.au/theres-...he-mainstream-media-is-completely-full-of-it/

http://now.snopes.com/2015/05/05/beards-poop/

No shit in Harden's beard or mine.

that sounds like a bunch of hippie conspiracy theorist bullshit, to me. "big razors is taking away our beards"

i have a beard
from the comments
Peter Potter · Cleveland District State High School
I had poo in my beard once but that was a lifestyle choice I made
lmao

Matrix

What can I say, you represent your city well.

You make no sense at all. Your teams owner has more class than you.

"Peter Potter · Cleveland District State High School
I had poo in my beard once but that was a lifestyle choice I made"

ugh lol I don't know why, but I feel that guy wrote the truth.

CFPZsyDWEAA8ahg.jpg

When you look at this on paper and exclude storylines or the fact that this isn't in an NBA finals series, this actually is one of the greatest comebacks in NBA history. Look at this list comparing point differentials of the first 4 games of all 9 teams that came back from being down 3-1. The 2015 rockets by far were in a bigger hole than any other team at that point in the series. -68 point differential. And then the rockets didn't just win the next 3 games, they won by double digits each game.

In terms of sheer numbers, this is probably the biggest turnaround in an NBA series ever. No really.

http://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/600129959923875840/photo/1

And when you look at probability, the clippers had a 93% chance of winning the series after game 4, and a 99% chance with 2 minutes left in the third quarter of game 6.

This literally is about as down and out as you possibly can get in the NBA before turning it around. Incredible comeback.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Rocket fans get all sensitive about people not liking them. Just like Dwight.

Who's getting all sensitive? I think most of us are just pointing out that the hate is a little extreme and highly irrational. And its not just here. Its all over the internet, its the sports media.

I had only been perusing the thread the last few games, but seeing some of the ridiculous posts is the only reason I posted.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Well this thread has been properly shitted up. What's with all the morons rushing in here all of a sudden?

Just this morning My coworker asked me if i saw the game last night. I said I did and it was awesome yada yada..

Then I proceeded on to say "well I just lost 10$ to.."
she then answered with " I know nothing about basketball
srfpo-png.1346
but I do know not to bet against the hometown team!
floydumad-png.6322

I was
5I5s8.png
vdgvs-png.1403
but on the inside I really was
N7ZURZd.png
.. I just got told..

Daante

Very dissapointed with the Clippers, but creds to Houston for the comeback.

I really cannot figure out how the Clippers work and think.

On one hand i believe they could be a champion team, even if they ONLY played most of their games to about 75-80% of their true potential. They have that kind of lineup with players, that could REALLY dominate respecive field on the court if they want to.

But seeing the last games vs Houston now, it seemed even the Clippers top players where AFRAID of having or doing something good with the ball. I did NOT see that passion and hunger in many of their eyes/faces, that where so common in the Spurs series.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
But seeing the last games vs Houston now, it seemed even the Clippers top players where AFRAID of having or doing something good with the ball. I did NOT see that passion and hunger in many of their eyes/faces, that where so common in the Spurs series.

What's funny is that, during the game, my GF said "why does everyone else just give the ball to the little guy (Chris Paul)? They seem scared."

I respect that even though opponents know that his game is either get to the basket and draw the foul OR jack a 3 point shot, most teams still can't stop him from doing those two things.

I also respect that he's work on his man vs. man defense over this season.

I respect that he can score a lot.

I respect that because of his style of play he can get a large # of assist with open teammates.

That said, I don't enjoy watching him play. I won't say he isn't the best two guard playing right now. He is. But only because Westbrook plays the 1 and Kobe and Wade are old.

edit: I can respect his talent and not enjoy watching him play, no?

Ronin Ray

How would people feel if the NBA went to top 16 seeds regardless of conference?

Also I haven't been in this thread in awhile and I didn't know Rockets hate was a thing. I live in San Antonio and one here hates or even looks at the Rockets in any way. It was always the Lakers and Mavericks we consider rivals.

How would people feel if the NBA went to top 16 seeds regardless of conference?

Also I haven't been in this thread in awhile and I didn't know Rockets hate was a thing. I live in San Antonio and one here hates or even looks at the Rockets in any way. It was always the Lakers and Mavericks we consider rivals.

I have no problem with it going to top 16 seeds regardless of conference, but if you do that you'd likely have to get rid of conferences all together (Silver said as much when discussing seeding based on divisions). Not sure how that will mess with scheduling since teams typically play in conference x4 and out of conference x2. If you average it out, each team could play every other team 3x, but that comes out to be about 87 games each. I don't think extending the season will fly but I also don't know if there's much appetite by the league to reduce the number of games (say each team x2 = 58 games a season).

Likely things will stay exactly the same. Maybe at most getting rid of divisions, but even that's an uphill battle.

Clockwork5

Just curious, do y'all only watch sports for story lines or something?

I am not a big basketball fan, but i am a big football fan. And during the NFL playoffs I don't care who is playing as long as the games are good. I am of course only watching the playoffs (which by the way are entirely too long, as is the regular season) because the Rockets are in it.

Nah they just salty because the Rockets are better than their scrubby teams.

Who's getting all sensitive? I think most of us are just pointing out that the hate is a little extreme and highly irrational. And its not just here. Its all over the internet, its the sports media.

I had only been perusing the thread the last few games, but seeing some of the ridiculous posts is the only reason I posted.
Maybe if the Houston team wasn't comprised of the biggest cry baby in the league and the most disgustingly overdramatic player this side of Manu Ginobli there wouldn't be as much disdain.

Clockwork5

Maybe if the Houston team wasn't comprised of the biggest cry baby in the league and the most disgustingly overdramatic player this side of Manu Ginobli there wouldn't be as much disdain.

Who is crying? And Hardens game wouldn't work if chumps would stop fouling him. Why don't they stop fouling him?

Top Bottom