• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

20 years, since the 95 rockets overcame a 20 point deficit in the 4th against the magic in the finals.

ibt7xC.gif

I almost want to take back my living in the 90's comment yesterday :p

Thank you for reminding me of this. As dark as the early 90's were for Miami, that was truly a good day to be a Heat fan.

Well apparently DJ and CP3 aren't the only players that didn't see eye to eye once in a while. Add Rose and Butler to the list. We all witnessed how the Bulls offense was stagnant. I mean the Bucks series went 6 games when it should have been a sweep. Can't blame either of them since the Bulls starting 5 probably played together a bit over 20 plus games. This off-season is going to be more interesting than people figure.

Report: Tension between Bulls' Butler and Rose hindered postseason run

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/766529

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/05/18/bernstein-derrick-rosejimmy-butler-tension-marred-game-6/

Krejlooc

Banned
So I rewatched the game like 4 times yesterday. The last time, I actually watched game 6 and game 7 back to back.

I am so in love with this team.

Sandfox

The Clippers are screwed if DJ leaves.

As great as Howard is for the Houston community and the Rockets, I am starting to wonder just how toxic the Lakers and Orlando franchises must be.

I don't see how you can blame Orlando for the Dwightmare stuff and the Lakers situation was just plain ugly. Its pretty easy to see why people don't like him.

Mashing

Hmm, I dunno. Harden trying to chase Klay around game after game sounds like a lot of open shots for Klay.

I wonder if McHale would go Harden, Brewer, and Ariza starting, with Brewer and Ariza on Klay and Steph and Harden on Draymond. Could also try him on Barnes, though I think Barnes would abuse him in the post.

Harden is a pretty good post defender because he uses his body and he has good strength to hold his ground. Ariza has his work cut out for him this series as he probably draws Curry as an assignment. As for Klay, Brewer is quick enough to guard him, but they'll have to get good nightly efforts from our guards.

Code:
<PRE>                                                                                                  
                         Sala                                                                     
Player                2014-15  2015-16  2016-17  2017-18 2018-19 2019-20   Signed Using Guaranteed
Chris Paul           20068563 21468696 22868828 24268960                    Bird Rights   64406087
Blake Griffin        17674612 18907725 20140838 21373950                    Bird Rights   78097125
DeAndre Jordan       11440124                                               Bird Rights   11440124
J.J. Redick           6583500  6867000  7150500                             Bird Rights   20601000
Jamal Crawford        5450000  5675000                                              MLE    6950000
Spencer Hawes         5305000  5543725  5782450  6021175                            MLE   16631175
Matt Barnes           3396250  3542500                                              MLE    3396250
Austin Rivers         2439840  3110796                                   1st Round Pick    2439840
Hedo Turkoglu         1448490                                            Minimum Salary    1448490
C.J. Wilcox           1109760  1159680  1209680  2183328                 1st Round Pick    2269440
Ekpe Udoh              981084                                            Minimum Salary     981084
Glen Davis            1227985                                            Minimum Salary    1227985
Dahntay Jones          387632                                            Minimum Salary     387632
Jordan Hamilton        150591  1015420                                   Minimum Salary     150591
Lester Hudson           55774  1015421                                   Minimum Salary      55774
Jordan Farmar         2077000                                                              2077000
Carlos Delfino         650000   650000   650000   650000  650000                                  
Miroslav Raduljica     300000   300000   300000   300000  300000                                  
Nate Robinson          154918                                                               154918
Team Totals          80901123 69255963 58102296 54797413  950000                         212714515
</PRE>

Wow. If they sign DJ the max this summer.. How will they get bench? The salary cap 15-16 is still around what we currently have..

Code:
<PRE>                                                                                                        
                          Sala                                                                          
Player                 2014-15  2015-16  2016-17  2017-18  2018-19  2019-20      Signed Using Guaranteed
LeBron James          20644400 21573398                                             Cap Space   20644400
Kevin Love            15719062 16744218                                             Cap Space   15719062
Anderson Varejao       9704595  9638554 10361446 10000000                         Bird Rights   28704595
Kyrie Irving           7070730 14746000 15851950 16957900 18063850 19169800 Early Bird Rights   72690430
J.R. Smith             6516000  6399750                                     Early Bird Rights    6516000
Tristan Thompson       5138430                                                 1st Round Pick    5138430
Timofey Mozgov         4650000  4950000                                           Bird Rights    4650000
Mike Miller            2732000  2854940                                        Room Exception    2732000
Iman Shumpert          2616975                                                 1st Round Pick    2616975
Brendan Haywood        2213688 10522500                                             Cap Space    2213688
James Jones            1448490                                                 Minimum Salary    1448490
Shawn Marion           1448490                                                 Minimum Salary    1448490
Matthew Dellavedova     816482                                                 Minimum Salary     816482
Kendrick Perkins        434547                                                 Minimum Salary     434547
Joe Harris              884879   845059   980439                                                 1729938
Team Totals           82038768 88274419 27193835 26957900 18063850 19169800                    167503527
</PRE>
Cavs too in case of Thompson.

I keep telling you guys that Pops threw that series cause he knew they couldn't go the stretch this time with health and injuries. Better to fight another day.
Well he sort of hinted as much in the post-series interview back in SA where he admitted he didn't think they'd have enough in the tank even if they beat the Clips.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Well apparently DJ and CP3 aren't the only players that didn't see eye to eye once in a while. Add Rose and Butler to the list. We all witnessed how the Bulls offense was stagnant. I mean the Bucks series went 6 games when it should have been a sweep. Can't blame either of them since the Bulls starting 5 probably played together a bit over 20 plus games. This off-season is going to be more interesting than people figure.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/05/18/bernstein-derrick-rosejimmy-butler-tension-marred-game-6/
That's been obvious as hell for weeks now. It's also why I'm hesitant for the Bulls to lose Thibs: the only thing that's probably been keeping that feud from boiling over is Thibs hard-ass style keeping them in check. I doubt an inexperienced or college coach could prevent those egos from blowing up.

random25

If both of them can't co-exist in the roster, I wonder who'll the Bulls FO would keep between the two, or if they'll try to just have them together and fix whatever chemistry issues they are having. Honestly, Butler is their best player right now but we are still seeing glimpses of how great Rose is when healthy (the question is will Rose ever be healthy to consistently play solid offense?).

If both of them can't co-exist in the roster, I wonder who'll the Bulls FO would keep between the two, or if they'll try to just have them together and fix whatever chemistry issues they are having. Honestly, Butler is their best player right now but we are still seeing glimpses of how great Rose is when healthy (the question is will Rose ever be healthy to consistently play solid offense?).

I don't see any team taking on Rose's contract. His knees + the inefficient style he plays=recipe for disaster. He's not a guy that's going to age well.

Speaking of Lakers....

I'm nervous but exited about the lottery. First pick would be nice, just don't for the love of god lose fourth pick.

And yes, Clarkson is amazing. Watched highlights of him today, his floaters in particular are beautiful.

They're going to keep both of them and hope things get worked out between them.

random25

I don't see any team taking on Rose's contract. His knees + the inefficient style he plays=recipe for disaster. He's not a guy that's going to age well.

But marketing wise, they still have a reason to keep Rose. He is still after all the hometown hero for Chicago that still drive money for the franchise. If Butler somehow overshadows Rose in that regard, it would be easy to let Rose go. But right now, it'll be hard for them even if Rose isn't playing like a superstar. And I think other teams are still interested in taking him as well if ever he is available this offseason (which is not that likely to happen).

Fjordson

Pelicans interviewing Gentry. He'll probably be out of Golden State this summer. Really hope Steve Kerr was taking offensive notes this year.

Mr. Sunny

Banned
I keep thinking how great Rose could be on a team like the Spurs. Tony Parker is absolutely terrible now. Rose is a much better passer and team player than he ever was before, mainly because he can't physically play/carry his team with the same bulldozer type style anymore. Not to mention the way Pop likes to rest his players, Rose could be great in that system.

I keep thinking how great Rose could be on a team like the Spurs. Tony Parker is absolutely terrible now. Rose is a much better passer and team player than he ever was before, mainly because he can't physically play/carry his team with the same bulldozer type style anymore. Not to mention the way Pop likes to rest his players, Rose could be great in that system.

Rose can't shoot. Pop can't do nothing with that.

Mr. Sunny

Banned
Rose can't shoot. Pop can't do nothing with that.

He can drive into the lane and kick the ball out or do a dunk/layup - his speed is a huge benefit. Pop cares more about ball movement than anything else. Also, Rose can hit-mid range jumpers and floaters pretty well. Like I said, the best thing would be him not having to play as much as he does now when it's more about the team instead of depending on him being a consistent star to carry them.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Mark Jackson to call Warriors-Rockets and beyond if GSW advances:

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/05/18/mark-jackson-warriors-rockets-nba-playoffs-espn

Jackson&#8217;s appearance in the booth raises an interesting question, one that was brought up Monday by my estimable colleague Chris Ballard, who asked why ESPN would place Jackson on the call of the series. Ballard suggested it was an unnecessary distraction.

Fair question, and one worth asking ESPN. So I emailed ESPN senior vice president and executive producer Mark Gross, the network&#8217;s point person for its NBA coverage.

&#8220;We never considered removing Mark from calling this series,&#8221; said Gross by email on Monday. &#8220;We have no problem with a former coach calling a series or game. As a company, we&#8217;ve had Jon Gruden calling Raiders and Bucs games, in addition to calling a Redskins game (Gruden&#8217;s brother Jay is the head coach of Washington). We also had Terry Francona calling a Red Sox game. In Mark&#8217;s case (just like the other guys mentioned above), he&#8217;s a total pro and will certainly be objective in his opinions and insight and not make it personal during the broadcast. We have all the faith in the world Mike [Breen], Jeff [Van Gundy], and Mark will be calling their usual great game.&#8221;

As I told Ballard, not only do most sports networks have zero issues here, they would most likely embrace the connection to get some additional publicity. On face, I can understand that thinking if I&#8217;m a network executive. The larger question, and one you should ask yourself as a viewer, is whether Jackson can be fair in his assessment of the series, as well as honest with viewers given his previous financial ties and how his relationship with the Warriors ended.

&#8220;There was a conversation with Mark prior to the season as we were putting the talent assignments together to make sure he was comfortable doing Warriors games,&#8221; Gross said. &#8220;Mark had no apprehension about doing Warriors games all season. We were comfortable with Mark calling Warriors games from the moment the schedule was set. I think it was evident fans have great respect for the job Mark did with Golden State by the great reception Mark got in the arena before working his first Warriors game. We have absolutely no concerns with Mark working this series and has already worked some Warriors games during the regular season.&#8221;

If the Warriors advance past the Rockets, Gross said it will be the core of Breen, Jackson, Van Gundy and reporter Doris Burke again.

cbTi9Hy.jpg

Just wanted to post this here becuase it has been nagging me for the last couple days. The disrespect the Rockets have gotten as a TEAM since the playoofs started is just I never seen anything like it. I think that is is a BIG accomplishment that their second best player missed almost half the season (why I would have voted for Harden as MVP) and they still got second best record in the west. I think the lost of Beverly as hurt them more than his numbers would suggest it should have. Lastly the people saying that rockets will be lucky to win a game against Golden State should calm down. The boston celtics swept Miami Heat the first year lebron got there in the regular season and then got beat by them in the conference finals. I think Harden ill have a big chip on his shoulder to show people why he was an MVP candidate and why som thought he should have won it. Dwight should have no problem dominating inside unlike what Gasol did in Memephis. I think it is going to be a more interesting series than the analysis are thinkig it will be. Sorry that was kind of long but had to get it off my chest.

He has no gamez?

Clutch is such a modern bear.

Also, Lair.

Inside joke from another forum from a member who has a similar name than you do. SOrry if this isn't you.

This is frustrating because at full health, they're probably the third best back court in the league on talent alone. I blame Rose for being passive aggressive, immature and refusing to take more of a facilitator role. He actually averaged more FGA per 36 minutes this year despite shooting at a historically bad 3 pt percentage.

Aside from the height it seems like he also inherited his fathers dumb crossed-eye look
2782751-5004498794-JKMmI.png
We are getting CLOSE to seeing an NBA with Bron, Wade and Shaqs and others kids on it.. Kemp probably has an unacknowledged kid already in the NBA. Nothing will make me feel older that seeing that.

Off Topic.. The Kyrie I seems like a great shoe. Looks great, the design is not odd and its only $110. Thinking about getting one.

Games today
@ Warriors 9est over at ESPN

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
What a joke of a human being. Pure clownery.

That joke of a human being has made it further than you have in life. You just sit behind a monitor everyday and repeat the same hate over and over.

You need help man.

I can't recall, but have you wished death on him yet? You most likely have and I missed it.

I often forget how many times I said during the regular season, "Hurry up and get here playoffs! Hurry up." I often forget how badly I wanted to see this team bounce back after last year's debacle. And lately I've been forgetting how far they've actually come. I'm so used to looking back at Yao Ming, Tracy McGrady, Luis Scola, Aaron Brooks, and Shane Battier, and thinking that was the best we've been since the 90's. That's our high point in this Red and Silver, Toyota Center era. But now, now we have a whole new apex, a new beacon for those ahead of us as well as ourselves to look back upon and say, "Damn, those guys were a pretty good team over there."

And it's not over. Nothing is impossible. Keep the faith. Go Houston.

That joke of a human being has made it further than you have in life. You just sit behind a monitor everyday and repeat the same hate over and over.

You need help man.

I can't recall, but have you wished death on him yet? You most likely have and I missed it.

If you pay attention to anything Branduil says about Rockets, Spurs or Heat...

nsm9fpo-png.6422

Yay!

Bleacher Report
22 hrs · Edited ·
The San Antonio Spurs are planning to bring back Manu Ginobili, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Gregg Popovich despite their first round playoff exit.

Although I'm not as sold on Ginobli returning...

Top Bottom