• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

NomarTyme

I'm glad we didn't lose the pick but to be honest I kinda wish we were drafting 4th instead of 2nd so Okafor would be off the board. I am not a fan of his and an Okafor/Randle frontcourt would get killed defensively. Draft Winslow and go after DeANdre in free agency or something.

They can trade down.

Fjordson

May I ask, what is this "Dubs" thing?
Warriors = W's = Dubs. Short for W.

And with that said, go Dubs.

I'm glad we didn't lose the pick but to be honest I kinda wish we were drafting 4th instead of 2nd so Okafor would be off the board. I am not a fan of his and an Okafor/Randle frontcourt would get killed defensively. Draft Winslow and go after DeANdre in free agency or something.
Towns would be perfect with Randle. Anchored a historic defense as a rim protector, can hit the jumper, 81% at the line. Whew.

You would rather get a zero O deandre and his max than a really good rookie for cheap and potentially higher ceiling than DJ? A max guy is a guy you build your team around.. you cant building shit around dj. You gonna be fine with oka or towns plus randle breh.

CFaRGRHW8AAMtqZ.jpg

lol

You would rather get a zero O deandre and his max than a really good rookie for cheap and potentially higher ceiling than DJ? A max guy is a guy you build your team around.. you cant building shit around dj. You gonna be fine with oka or towns plus randle breh.

Look at the way the league is trending man. You need rim protectors. You need athletes who can attack the rim and shoot the 3 on offense. I'd take DeAndre on a max deal (i know what he can do) over Okafor and use that pick on someone else any day. I don't see Okafor being a franchise guy in the league. Same fears I had with Randle last year. They feel like players whose games were phased out 10 years ago.

Fjordson

THAT'S WHY?!?

Well then.
I mean that's what I've always heard.

Look at the way the league is trending man. You need rim protectors. You need athletes who can attack the rim and shoot the 3 on offense. I'd take DeAndre on a max deal (i know what he can do) over Okafor and use that pick on someone else any day. I don't see Okafor being a franchise guy in the league. Same fears I had with Randle last year. They feel like players whose games were phased out 10 years ago.
I could see trading down to pick a wing, but I really think Towns fills a lot of needs for LA. Though if Minny takes Towns that obviously changes things.

I mean that's what I've always heard.

I could see trading down to pick a wing, but I really think Towns fills a lot of needs for LA. Though if Minny takes Towns that obviously changes things.

I'm fine with Towns, he's a good athlete for his size and a good defender, not so much with Okafor. Utlimately it's up to what Minny does. Don't get me wrong if we take Okafor I hope I'm dead wrong about him and Randle too just not the biggest fan of either coming out.

Line_HTX

Oh, dubs are W, huh? The more you know, although for a moment I thought it would be like "Dubya."

This Mark Jackson and Jeff van Gundy commentary is going to be something this series.

Tom Penny

One way players like D'eandre are not real max players. They are just max players in the current NBA were bigs are extinct.

DraftExpress lists Okafor's weaknesses as "Defense, Defensive Rebounding, Shooting and Explosiveness". Oh god. We're gonna draft Brook Lopez. Equally concerning when you look around the league and the best bigs/teams are good at defense, rebounding, shooting and explosiveness.

Line_HTX

Yeah, I feel conflicted and hypocritical about that too. On one hand I was glad he vanished in the Finals when he was at OKC, but on the other hand, I liked that he came here to Houston and doing all sorts of things, albeit cringeworthy.

I guess he really wants to force the issue into getting calls as much as possible.

DraftExpress lists Okafor's weaknesses as "Defense, Defensive Rebounding, Shooting and Explosiveness". Oh god. We're gonna draft Brook Lopez. Equally concerning when you look around the league and the best bigs/teams are good at defense, rebounding, shooting and explosiveness.
Yeah I think the Wolves take Towns. But they are the Wolves...so the Lakers could luck out.

Mr. Sunny

Banned
I'm in the Bay Area and I want anybody but the Warriors to win a title. People here ain't shit. I hope Rockets can beat them.

It doesn't matter, even if the Warriors win, LeBron is going to destroy these posers.

Mxrz

Another series of watching Howard miss FTs. Weee.

But can he shoot 3s!

Sandfox

I'm expecting Okafor to develop into a very nice player. He should be a better defender for us and people close to him have said that what he showed at Duke wasn't everything.

Top Bottom