• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

I don't think the Finals are gonna be as easy for GSW as you guys say they will be. I think it'll be pretty close.

Why? What are you basing this on? Because nothing I've seen from Cleveland tells me they have anything for the Warriors. Golden St. has been better, a LOT better, at every facet of the game.

One of the worst conference finals games I ever had the non pleasure of watching. Seeing the Cavs revert to their old ways of 4 guys flat out watching Lebron with the ball all the fucking time was torturing. And it worked because the Hawks managed to out-suck them. Wow.
Conference finals was a mistake....

Mr. Sunny

Banned
Hawks only came close to winning because the Cavs got lazy and started coasting. LeBron ain't getting swept. It's funny how y'all forget the Warriors almost lost 2 games at home because of the fucking Rockets. LeBron don't need Love, he's about to go Super Sayin God for that 3rd ring. Curry better pray to Jesus, Allah, Santa Claus, or whoever he believes in cause LeBron ain't taking no prisoners.

come on now lets not do that... let them have their moment

Seems like Lebron fans are having their moment right now. Up 3-0 against a poor team talking about how he will have 45 against the Warriors.

You know the Warriors have at least 3 guys who can defend Lebron in succession? Hawks have one guy on one leg.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
ok i get that he didn't play great overall and i don't think this was some incredible performance but TOTAL SHIT? if you have a triple double in the conference finals you are by default above total shit

Disagree. The 100% iso play style as described above led his team to 41% shooting against a very soft defensive squad. That is total shit. And I can forgive the 6 turnovers just because he had the ball for a minimum of 15 seconds on every possession.

jman2050

Westbrook got slurped by the media and everyone else for having games during the season exactly like Lebron just had. And now when Lebron does it you call it total shit?

I mean seriously his shooting has been a major problem in all these playoff games and it's going to sink them against GSW but have some perspective guys.

Westbrook got slurped by the media and everyone else for having games during the season exactly like Lebron just had. And now when Lebron does it you call it total shit?

I mean seriously his shooting has been a major problem in all these playoff games and it's going to sink them against GSW but have some perspective guys.
It wasnt a shit lebron game to me.. especially the 2nd half.. dude played like he ate an android 13 in halftime.

The Hawks....lol. Cleveland played like shit and they still lost to them.

The things that worry me is that CLE this year will end up like MIA did last year: LeBron being the alpha and the omega of the offense unless Irving can play 100% and the rest have their A-game against the Dubs endless drive on both sides of the court with Love out.

Note how I phrased that, as ATL's worry for me is making a better run next year without being seen as "quitters" or being "solved" now that double rotations and that Spursian passing game is much more known in general to coaches and players. It ain't like they're going out 4-2/4-3 here, ya know?

LeBron's ceiling is a lot higher. He is normally (at least at his peak) an incredibly efficient player. He had a really inefficient game today. It was a shit game by his standards, it just says a lot about him that a 30 point/Triple Double game can be a bad game for him.

If Kyrie is healthy they can probably squeak out at least 1. There are going to be some massive blowouts though.

THey might be worse with Kyrie. Their defense goes into the tank when he is in the game. Curry will eat him alive.

That's what they've had to do due to injuries. In a way it's sort of admirable. They are scrapping and clawing and fuckballing their way to the Finals, but it's just not gonna get it done against Golden State. The Warriors are a historically great by-the-numbers all time NBA team. You don't beat a team like that with grit and scrap.

If GS somehow manages to lose to this shit show we might spend the whole summer listenning to Charles Barkley talk about how jump shooting teams can't win and bloggers talking up Lebron like he's MJ. I'm a fan of neither team, but that would be worse than having to watch another East game this year.

offtopic

I called Westfraud total shit all spring for doing the same. Yes, faux stats.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Seems like Lebron fans are having their moment right now. Up 3-0 against a poor team talking about how he will have 45 against the Warriors.

You know the Warriors have at least 3 guys who can defend Lebron in succession? Hawks have one guy on one leg.

As though only one dude guards Lebron. Good one. He is constantly doubled, all over the floor.

I don't hate on players or teams, I just love coming here after games I know the haters will be salty. I am never disappointed.

jman2050

LeBron's ceiling is a lot higher. He is normally (at least at his peak) an incredibly efficient player. He had a really inefficient game today. It was a shit game by his standards, it just says a lot about him that a 30 point/Triple Double game can be a bad game for him.

Fair enough, and I'm not saying he didn't shoot poorly. He did, that 1st quarter in particular was ghastly. He can totally play better than this, which is scary when you think about it.

Just be fair and call out Lebron for what he did badly and give him props for what he did well.

SCChappy

Banned
I'm not really basing it off of anything I just don't feel like GSW is gonna win just by showing up. I think they'll win it in 6 but I really don't think multiple blowouts are gonna happen.

offtopic

As though only one dude guards Lebron. Good one. He is constantly doubled, all over the floor.

I don't hate on players or teams, I just love coming here after games I know the haters will be salty. I am never disappointed.

They guarded him with one player the entire game and he was bad. Not like Curry who gets double teamed the minute he crosses half court.

Isn't this the exact definition of front running? Show up when you win, disappear when you lose?

random25

I really don't see the Warriors getting it easy as a lot of you believe should they make it to the finals (which is most likely given that they're 3-0). The current squad are still NBA Finals rookies and that may work against them. Cavs are on the same boat but LeBron has been there before and won some so he'll bring in the needed experience. And even against the struggling Rockets, the Warriors tend to lull at crucial stretches and almost lose games because of that. I'd even say that the Cavs might win the series out if the games are close like the first 2 games of WCF.

If you think LeBron had a bad game today after looking at that stat line and the two clutch shots late, you're a hater. No other way around it.

I really don't see the Warriors getting it easy as a lot of you believe should they make it to the finals (which is most likely given that they're 3-0). The current squad are still NBA Finals rookies and that may work against them. Cavs are on the same boat but LeBron has been there before and won some so he'll bring in the needed experience. And even against the struggling Rockets, the Warriors tend to lull at crucial stretches and almost lose games because of that. I'd even say that the Cavs might win the series out if the games are close like the first 2 games of WCF.

Why would being Finals rookies work against them? Have they looked even remotely overwhelmed to this point? Does LeBron's presence somehow make guys like Kyrie and Tristian Thomspn, who before this season haven't played in meaningful games since High School, more "experienced"? I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that experience even matters in the way people like to paint it to matter. It's always seems like a BS narrative. It seems like wishful thinking more than anything. Look at the way they are playing. The Warriors just look on a different level.

Why would being Finals rookies work against them? Have they looked even remotely overwhelmed to this point? Does LeBron's presence somehow make guys like Kyrie and Tristian Thomspn, who before this season haven't played in meaningful games since High School, more "experienced"? I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that experience even matters in the way people like to paint it to matter. It's always seems like a BS narrative.

Kyle Welch of WFNY actually had a post about this exact subject earlier today where he looked at 31 postseasons worth of data, and I think he found it's basically gonna be a wash.

WFNY actually had a post about this exact subject earlier today, and I think they found it's basically gonna be a wash

I mean, it's not like the Warriors are going to be playing the Spurs or Heat, a core of players that have gone though hell and back together. It's LeBron and a bunch of noobies that have about as much of an idea of what the Finals are like as the Warriors do. LeBron isn't going to magically make them know what the Finals are like just by being around them.

THey might be worse with Kyrie. Their defense goes into the tank when he is in the game. Curry will eat him alive.

I agree the game was inefficient as hell, but what can he do with the team and players available right now. If you tell me Kyrie and Love are playing and doing their thing LeBron would be able to pick his spots better and be more efficient, but they need him to do too much and it produces games like this. You speak about the problem but neglect the root cause because it bemoans your point.

Cavs are winning games, finding ways to win is better than have a pretty efficient game and lose, after all these are win or go home games.

Fjordson

Why would being Finals rookies work against them? Have they looked even remotely overwhelmed to this point? Does LeBron's presence somehow make guys like Kyrie and Tristian Thomspn, who before this season haven't played in meaningful games since High School, more "experienced"? I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that experience even matters in the way people like to paint it to matter. It's always seems like a BS narrative. It seems like wishful thinking more than anything. Look at the way they are playing. The Warriors just look on a different level.
Yeah, Warriors have been in the playoffs for 3 straight years now. They've played a lot more meaningful ball lately than anyone important on the Cavs not named Lebron.

But personally I think the "experience factor" is often overrated.

Yea Hawks are not the same team or at least not playing like the same team. They're struggling offensively and the defense has been lacking. The defense part mostly has to do with Thabo being out.

As far as this series goes, we just don't have a LeBron stopper. He was playing with us by going 0-10 but when he decided to start attacking, it was over.

offtopic

I agree the game was inefficient as hell, but what can he do with the team and players available right now. If you tell me Kyrie and Love are playing and doing their thing LeBron would be able to pick his spots better and be more efficient, but they need him to do too much and it produces games like this. You speak about the problem but neglect the root cause because it bemoans your point.

Cavs are winning games, finding ways to win is better than have a pretty efficient game and lose, after all these are win or go home games.

Eastern conference. smh.

I mean, it's not like the Warriors are going to be playing the Spurs or Heat, a core of players that have gone though hell and back together. It's LeBron and a bunch of noobies that have about as much of an idea of what the Finals are like as the Warriors do. LeBron isn't going to magically make them know what the Finals are like just by being around them.

That's what I'm saying, though (and the post bears your point out as well) - Cleveland's slight advantage from LeBron's experience gets wiped out by it basically being everyone else's first date.

(Granted, the scenario this series is gonna have with playoff minute advantage vs. regular-season advantage has only ever happened 5 times, but I wouldn't use playoff experience as a knock on GS.)

You're out of your mind. I say that respectfully.

Dynomutt

Kobe shot 6-24 in the Finals of game 7, and they won. Only in the West.

There is constant hate for Lebron here. Don't kid yourself, it doesn't matter how well he plays. People ignore that the Cavs are down 3 main players, and 2 of the 3 best players on the team. Who cares about that though.

It's Lebron fatigue. He's the villain and people rally against the villain. When in fact he's a great athlete, role model, philanthropist, and by all accounts you don't hear anything in teh news DUI's, violence, drugs, or nightclub incidents. But people hate him for the "Event" and it's understandable but people need to get over it. On his worst day he is better than all of this thread combined. When I read "crazy/hateful/empty" statements on NeoGaf look at the total members in a thread and divide it by the current population. Ahhh reality.

suberzat

CF0oduhWAAAkP3q.jpg

Fjordson

Lol I forgot Dellavedova injured Korver also.

I don't think dude is dirty, just one of those guys who plays hard and is an irritant. Has to make up for lack of talent.

Top Bottom