• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Lol I forgot Dellavedova injured Korver also.

I don't think dude is dirty, just one of those guys who plays hard and is an irritant. Has to make up for lack of talent.

YEah he's that guy at the playground that tries a little too hard, flailing around recklessly. I think dirty=trying to injure guys on purpose. Deladova needs to get his shit together though, because if someone gets their knee or ankle rolled up the difference between dirty and reckless doesn't really matter at that point.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
I mean, I might give the Cavs a 10% chance of winning against the Warriors but it is probably equally a 10% chance they get swept by an average of 25 points.

CF0oduhWAAAkP3q.jpg

eww lol

Everybody has "a shot", doesn't mean they will win. Hawks still technically have a shot and so do the Rockets.

Unless the Warriors come down with ebola or something, I don't think the Cavs have even a "shot". It would require something catastrophic. The Grizz and Rockets and even Clippers probably would beat this current Cavs team in a 7 game series.

Fjordson

YEah he's that guy at the playground that tries a little too hard, flailing around recklessly. I think dirty=trying to injure guys on purpose. Deladova needs to get his shit together though, because if someone gets their knee or ankle rolled up the difference between dirty and reckless doesn't really matter at that point.
Yeah agreed. It's one of those situations where guys will start fouling him just a little harder next year if that becomes his "thing". Can't be too reckless and always chalk it up to hustle if it keeps happening.

Like if we were in 1994 you know Dellavedova would get gooned by an Anthony Mason or someone similar lol.

Prove a sports opinion? You new to this? Yes, I could certainly be wrong...they both might not have made the playoffs in the West.

The irony is he trots out a bunch of his own subjective opinions as facts all the time yet asks others to prove theirs. I swear to god it's like he's taunting us with that username.

offtopic

The only way the Cavs win a game is if the Warriors decide they want to win on their home floor.

I can actually see the Warriors losing if the Cavs play completely out of their minds and the Warriors get too deep into this "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED???" mindset at home. They need to stop trying to please their fans and just execute these teams.

Unless the Warriors come down with ebola or something, I don't think the Cavs have even a "shot". It would require something catastrophic. The Grizz and Rockets and even Clippers probably would beat this current Cavs team in a 7 game series.
Delly's going to take out Curry in game 1 by rolling over him.

The Cavs at full strength could have competed in the western playoffs. Right now? Who knows, we'll soon find out. But they won something like 14 of their last 15 games against the WC in the regular season starting with that pair of games in LA against the Lakers and Clippers, only losing to Houston in OT on the road. In that stretch, they beat the Clippers twice, Golden State in Cleveland, Memphis on the road, San Antonio on the road, Dallas on the road, and Portland at home without LeBron. They were good. Do they come out of the west? Not saying that. Would they have a shot against any of the 8 WC playoff teams? Absolutely, they'd be favored against most of them.

Minus Love, half a Kyrie, I don't like their chances against Golden State in a series, but then again, Golden State is a couple of buckets from being down 1-2 to the Rockets. They were down 1-2 to Memphis. I still kind of agree with Russillo ("print the shirts"), but Golden State is going to have to go out there and win it, and I think there are several Cavaliers who aren't just going to lay down.

I can actually see the Warriors losing if the Cavs play completely out of their minds and the Warriors get too deep into this "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED???" mindset at home. They need to stop trying to please their fans and just execute these teams.

My other option was going to be Lebron having a Game 6 Celtics moment with JR and Shumpert going off but lebron hasn't shown me that he can be as efficient as he was in the last two seasons to pull that off.

The winner of the East is obviously the Cavs at this point, who would have been the 7th seed in the West, so it depends on if you think they could beat the Rockets in a series.

That's not how seeding works. The seeding is split by conferences because those are the teams that you play against the most. There's no way to tell how the seeding would had fallen if the Cavs were in that conference.

I also think the injured Cavs more probable than not would have lost to all teams in the west except NO. I would say the same for the dubs if 2/3 best players were injured, heck I would say that for any team in that situation.

offtopic

The Cavs at full strength could have competed in the western playoffs. Right now? Who knows, we'll soon find out. But they won something like 14 of their last 15 games against the WC in the regular season starting with that pair of games in LA against the Lakers and Clippers, only losing to Houston in OT on the road. In that stretch, they beat the Clippers twice, Golden State in Cleveland, Memphis on the road, San Antonio on the road, Dallas on the road, and Portland at home without LeBron. They were good. Do they come out of the west? Not saying that. Would they have a shot against any of the 8 WC playoff teams? Absolutely, they'd be favored against most of them.

Minus Love, half a Kyrie, I don't like their chances against Golden State in a series, but then again, Golden State is a couple of buckets from being down 1-2 to the Rockets. They were down 1-2 to Memphis. I still kind of agree with Russillo ("print the shirts"), but Golden State is going to have to go out there and win it, and I think there are several Cavaliers who aren't just going to lay down.

Yeah at full strength, health and playing with chemistry they are dangerous in spite of the poor offensive scheme and average defense (Mozgov has really bailed them out in this area though). Right now they are really pretty bad. But just watching them play...can you even imagine switching Thompson on to Curry on the pick and roll and then backing up 8 feet behind the 3pt line? lol

I mean, they conceded threes to everyone all over the floor all night. The warriors will massacre them if they do that.

offtopic

If Kyrie's healthy, then he would feast on offensively. Curry can't stop him and Kyrie can't stop Curry. Warriors in 5 though.

Point guards typically play against the defense behind the pick and roll and not against their defender. That and the player that switches on to them. That said, I'm guessing the Warriors put Thompson on Kyrie to have his length bother his 3pt shot as he is their best shooter. I actually think that, when healthy, Kyrie is the second best point guard in the nba.

Kacar

I don't know, I don't have much confidence in beating GS.

But if LeBron goes crazy in a couple games and JR/Kyrie hit like 12 3s in a game or Tristan has like a 10 offensive rebound game it could happen, or GS could just under perform.

But the same could be said for a bunch of Warriors players.

I think most of the games will be close though.

MIMIC

Banned
I don't know, I don't have much confidence in beating GS.

But if LeBron goes crazy in a couple games and JR/Kyrie hit like 12 3s in a game or Tristan has like a 10 offensive rebound game it could happen, or GS could just under perform.

But the same could be said for a bunch of Warriors players.

I think most of the games will be close though.

We got this

Man, all I know is if I can win some money on the warriors AND see Lebron lose again while the Cavs remain in eternal misery....it's gonna be really sweet. Almost makes the 9 days worthwhile.

Lmao....if only you were for real with all your misguided predictions. hahahahahah

I couldn't be more serious. Don't see how the prediction is misguided when the line will likely favor the Warriors.

Fjordson

Draymond vs. Tristan Thompson (mainly keeping him off the offensive glass) and all our wing defenders vs. Lebron. We come out even slightly ahead on those two and we have a good shot.

Trust me. All you missed was bad fuckball.
Oh ok. I just saw the stats thinking it turned out good.

Also on another note I see Warriors in 7. Bogut and Green gonna be used in high amounts since Cavs are basically gonna defend the perimeter. I do also expect Miller time for the Cavs during the Finals. I know i'm crazy

E: Western- stream finally worked today? Yesterday it was hit and Miss so I didn't even bother trying today

Kacar

We got this

Lol you sound like my family who are like "LeBron is locked in he wants to win for CLE and show Stpeh who the real MVP is".

I have hope and faith, just not confidence.

I thought Atlanta was going to beat us though at the start of the series though so don't ask me

offtopic

Oh ok. I just saw the stats thinking it turned out good.

Also on another note I see Warriors in 7. Bogut and Green gonna be used in high amounts since Cavs are basically gonna defend the perimeter. I do also expect Miller time for the Cavs during the Finals. I know i'm crazy

The Cavs defended the perimeter today by allowing uncontested 3pt shots from everywhere at all times. That might work against the warriors?

Top Bottom