• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

BadAss2961

I want the defense to be able snatch the ball off the rim too if it's coming out. With that dumb rule you can't touch the ball even an inch of it is circling around the rim. I hate it.

Don't the Euro leagues eliminate that basket interference crap? Stern talked about changing that rule for years. It's the only thing I really wanted him to do and he never did.
Everyone plays above the rim in the NBA. The Euroleagues not so much.

OK. wasn't actually a good game overall. pretty sloppy plays from both sides. and that dreaded 3rd quarter. yeesh

still. no clipper or any la team winning win is a good thing

Just noticed this, lol. I almost uninstalled it from my X1 today and thought, "I'll give Bungie one more chance." Haven't played in forever though. I just switch between 2k15 and DS2.

i hope you were referencing Destiny. Otherwise, disregard.

lol it was a Reboot reference, although I am hopeful for the House of Wolves expansive myself, so I'm there with ya.

Ninjimbo

No it's fair because the defense can't touch it either.
It's stupid though. Look at that Deandre tip-in just now. The ball was going to come out and Deandre was right there to tip it in. You're going to penalize him because he was a few milliseconds off on his timing? It drives me insane. Anyone who has ever played basketball could tell that shot wasn't going to go in. That's why you go for the put back.

With that rule, you have to wait. You can't jump. It's dumb.

It's stupid though. Look at that Deandre tip-in just now. The ball was going to come out and Deandre was right there to tip it in. You're going to penalize him because he was a few milliseconds off on his timing? It drives me insane. Anyone who has ever played basketball could tell that shot wasn't going to go in. That's why you go for the put back.

Reading this post makes me wonder if you have ever played basketball yourself.

demigod

Then how about letting the defender pick the ball out of there, fair game right?

BTW I just watched the replay and that ball was going OUT, not in like lots of people suggesting.

What do you propose then? Let all players touch it at that point or would only offensive players be allowed to do so?

keuja

End of game with shot clock going down. Chris Paul shoots. Shot clock goes off. Paul misses and DeAndre gets the rebound with about 3 seconds left but he thinks it's the end of the 4th quarter because of the shot clock. Paul flips out telling him to shoot it but he doesn't before regulation actually does end.

Thats hilarious, so unreal...

lol it was a Reboot reference, although I am hopeful for the House of Wolves expansive myself, so I'm there with ya.

Ahh okay, lol. I just thought maybe you recognized me from my Destiny OT presence a few months ago. I'd love a reboot of Reboot. One of the greatest shows of all time IMO.

Incoming game 6. Incoming game 6.

Ninjimbo

What do you propose then? Let all players touch it at that point or would only offensive players be allowed to do so?
All players touch. Let the athletes be athletic and make a play on the ball once it's on the rim. The international game allows it and I don't see the NBA players changing their approach to the game when they play in those Olympic tournaments. What would be the problem?

Holy shit, anyone else watching Inside NBA? The Lakers and Knicks gone fishing pictures were freaking amazing.

CDvV9vYWYAAzqvx.jpg

CDvV9tnWoAAZCHA.jpg

Fjordson

Doc: 'I never complain'...starts to complain like usual, while completely ignoring any bad calls the Spurs got.
That's hilarious. Complaining about the refs is one of their specialities. It's a constant barrage of whining every time the Clippers step onto a basketball court.

Kacar

Simultaneously staying connected with Deandre and blocking his shot wow. Blake should of thrown the oop to Jordan on that basket interference play.

Bu tits likely Parker would of just shoved him into the 1st row to ensure the FTs, but he was open.

Trey

End of game with shot clock going down. Chris Paul shoots. Shot clock goes off. Paul misses and DeAndre gets the rebound with about 3 seconds left but he thinks it's the end of the 4th quarter because of the shot clock. Paul flips out telling him to shoot it but he doesn't before regulation actually does end.

Deandre gets the ball with .7 seconds left, the shot clock buzzer goes off which Deandre thinks is signaling the end of the game, and the game clock stops prematurely for some reason.

Maybe if Deandre immediately went for a put back, he might have scored.

I really hated the Spurs when they were winning, playing boring basketball and had that scumbag Bruce Bowen on their team. But nowadays i can't stop rooting for Timmy to win another one if my Bulls don't win it. The things that he does at his age are just incredible. Truly one of the all time greats and endless more likable than Lebron or some of these other entitled superstars.

ampere

Spurs are like the Pats of the NBA. Crazy how long Pop and Duncan have dominated. You say Duncan is too old, but he just doesn't quit.

Shit, Golden State will actually have a hell of a series beating SA if they're playing this well.

Spurs are like the Pats of the NBA. Crazy how long Pop and Duncan have dominated. You say Duncan is too old, but he just doesn't quit.

Shit, Golden State will actually have a hell of a series beating SA if they're playing this well.
The Spurs haven't really played as well as they did last playoffs, if they can get to that level again oh boy we're in for a ride. They seem to have the same first round woes though. Unlike the pats the Spurs are likeable.

Spurs could take Golden State with a full roster but having to do it with Parker and Splitter at 50% is too much.

Top Bottom