• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NCAA Tournament March Madness |OT| 67 Teams Vie For Second Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Obama's bracket just got wrecked. I'm still doing okay though, I had Louisville upsetting Nova in the sweet 16 so I'm not completely out of it.

That said, Louisville probably won't even beat UNI.

laugh.gif
He needs to do his Hayes for Days segments he did during the tournament last year. Those were gold.

Crisco

Banned
Nova tries to play like Duke but their bigs and wings aren't nearly as talented. This really wasn't a surprising outcome when you look at their soft schedule, and then look at the teams NC State beat.

The new Beast after the split and departures is no longer the beast. Bad juju destroying the football conference!

AAC had a bad tourney too. But at least they have the last two champs!

Louisville is in the Atlantic Coast Conference now...

And they won their title as a member of the Big East.
I know UL is there. I implied that by stating UCONN is the only one left in the AAC and most recent champ.

And yeah you're right on UL. I got mixed up on when the basketball only schools left to form their own conference.

Edit: And my overall point was it was the football playing members to most recently make noise from the Beast in the tourney.

iamblades

I know UL is there. I implied that by stating UCONN is the only one left in the AAC and most recent champ.

And yeah you're right on UL. I got mixed up on when the basketball only schools left to form their own conference.

Edit: And my overall point was it was the football playing members to most recently make noise from the Beast in the tourney.

You could basically omit the 'most recently' part of that. The catholic schools in the big east had a few years in the 80s where they were legitimate threats in march, and basically have been a non factor before or since.

Silkworm

Guess I'll root for Butler over that school up north. Go Bulldogs!

Edit: Oh and go Razorbacks! Gotta support the SEC (don't need to cheer for UK as they can take care of themselves). SEC! SEC! SEC!

Fjordson

This UNC / Arkansas game is kinda ugly, but it's been entertaining. Lots of fast possessions.

Not sure who I want to win to be honest. I casually root for other SEC teams usually, but Arkansas has a few clowns on their squad.

You could basically omit the 'most recently' part of that. The catholic schools in the big east had a few years in the 80s where they were legitimate threats in march, and basically have been a non factor before or since.
What you mean you don't love someone like Georgetown getting a high seed then not making it past the round of 32?

This Utah team is good, I feel like they were heavily overlooked coming into the tourney
Well, they did get a 5 seed so I'm not sure they were "heavily" overlooked, but yes they are a great team. I am still surprised they are in the tourney though - hopefully the keep it up. If SDSU manages to squeak by Duke, I think Utah has a solid chance of making it to the Elite 8.

Well in mid feb. I was high on them, but the way they closed out the regular season on conference tournament was not confidence inspiring at all.

Maybe it was just a bad couple weeks.
definitely, the loss at Washington was ugly and Oregon inexplicably becoming competent down the stretch threw a wrench into the conference standings. Still, I thought people were way too quick to peg SFA with the 12/5 matchup without acknowledging that this Utah team spent the better part of the season in the top 15

Uconn is not in the acc yet because BC keeps being a baby and blocking the move. Give it time.
If they were truly worth it, I'm sure they'd have the invite now. I'm not sure BC of all programs has that much clout to override the money factor along with 13 other presidents. It's not like BC is a founding ACC member. They've barely been there 10 years and have done very little for the conference in sports that matter.

UCONN BB is obviously top tier, but dat dumpster fire of a football program can't help things much. And we all know football drives the bus.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
So, what can us Duke fans expect from SDSU and if we win, Utah?

Haven't watched any west coast bball this year.

nomster

If they were truly worth it, I'm sure they'd have the invite now. I'm not sure BC of all programs has that much clout to override the money factor along with 13 other presidents. It's not like BC is a founding ACC member. They've barely been there 10 years and have done very little for the conference in sports that matter.

UCONN BB is obviously top tier, but dat dumpster fire of a football program can't help things much. And we all know football drives the bus.
I don't think it takes more than one to keep them out. And uconn put significant dollars into the football program and was trending upward until the coach split (after it became apparent they were stuck in a dead league that will get no TV money).

Google "acc uconn boston college"

I don't think it takes more than one to keep them out. And uconn put significant dollars into the football program and was trending upward until the coach split (after it became apparent they were stuck in a dead league that will get no TV money).

Google "acc uconn boston college"
I understand those dynamics. My team was perceived to be blocked from the Big East for so long by USF. They probably had a loud voice, but I think it was more we didn't offer enough to overcome those voices. Until it was too late.

UCONN needs to get their football in line I think before someone like the ACC or Big10 would consider you.

And how it ended up shaking out the Big East has a bit more TV money but like zero exposure. AAC has more exposure and ratings but less TV money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom