• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NCAA Tournament March Madness |OT| 67 Teams Vie For Second Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to see if this WV/UK game can at least hit the O/U. West Virginia is not putting up an effort that inspires confidence.

If Arizona's gonna be turnover prone like this. Good luck against Wisconsin.

If they keep playing like this, I'm not sure they win this game, yet alone going against Wisconsin

I swear Miller just found this Tarzewski dude on the streets somewhere and said fuck it, he's tall, might as well give him a scholly.

He's one of the most useless players I've seen on a high level college ball program.
he's got 9 boards :mannyshrug

it's not like we try to run the offense through him, Miller's mo is to loose him on smaller frontcourts, get garbage buckets and draw fouls, that hasn't worked tonight as he's gotten outplayed by Stainbrook

biggest concern is McConnell playing like absolute shit after making his first couple attempts, those turnovers are hurting us more than what we've given up on the defensive end

Fjordson

I said that Dax Miles didn't have anything to lose by speaking confidently before this game.

That was assuming...that they didn't lose by 50.
And really, all that trash talk just woke up the refs even more than usual. Which is bad news for a team that fouls a lot already. Just a dumb move all around imo.

Posted yet?

126920-Simpsons-stop-stop-hes-already-7Shi.jpeg

iamblades

"Why is Harrison back in the game?!?"

Because he's a body. He doesn't have to shoot, just be a part of the team.

Main thing is getting used to playing through it in a situation that is not critically important.

It's not like a dislocated finger is something that can get worse from playing with it.

LycanXIII

Main thing is getting used to playing through it in a situation that is not critically important.

It's not like a dislocated finger is something that can get worse from playing with it.

Yep, it's probably better to keep working it than it is to sit on the bench and let it stiffen up.

Greg Gumbel: "That's it for the halftime show, we'll send you back out to Los Angeles after these messages."

[1:30 TV spot]

Kevin Harlan: (amidst mashup of first half highlights) "Team X taking on Team Y right after a word from our sponsors."

[1:00 TV spot]

[Overhead shot of Staples Center sponsored by Goodyear]

Kevin Harlan: "Check out these first half stats brought to you by Coors Light."

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Losing both their point guards (Quinn Cook to graduation, Tyus Jones to the draft more than likely), their versatile swingman Justice Winslow and the most dominant offensive player in the country in Okafor. And those 4 just happen to be half of Duke's team. Literally.

Unless K works some late magic in recruiting (not his MO), Duke is going to have no depth, no point guards, and Marshall Plumlee as a starting center next year. It could be 06-07 levels bad.

Ok -- I knew about the guys graduating/getting drafted, but I wasn't sure whether or not Coach K had any recruits that could take their place. It seems that they don't (at least at the level that the current players are now).

Fjordson

Ok -- I knew about the guys graduating/getting drafted, but I wasn't sure whether or not Coach K had any recruits that could take their place. It seems that they don't (at least at the level that the current players are now).
Not point guards, but K has two studs coming in. A great shooting guard and a legit big man. Not Okafor level, but he's good (Luke Kennard and Chase Jeter, respectively).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom