• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NCAA Tournament March Madness |OT| 67 Teams Vie For Second Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
we played like total garbage for 33 minutes and we ended up winning by 8, shout out to the Musketeers, you guys have a legit squad this year, I hope that program continues to do well each March

I hope we get a good game on Saturday

We shot 37% and still won, I'll take it.
the rebounding margin through the first 35 minutes is more disconcerting to me. They eventually figured out how to muscle their way in the paint, but our inside game took way too long to realize itself. With how well Wisconsin attacked the basket today, a performance like this won't fly on Saturday

DarkFlow

Banned
the rebounding margin through the first 35 minutes is more disconcerting to me. They eventually figured out how to muscle their way in the paint, but our inside game took way too long to realize itself. With how well Wisconsin attacked the basket today, a performance like this won't fly on Saturday

The 1-3-1 zone threw them for a loop. They figured it out towards the end, but yeah, if they play like this on Sat, we are done.

Tough to say. They're the first team in history to go 37-0, but not sure the level of competition in college these days is quite as high as in decades past.

That's why I was curious. I remember that Syracuse team that started 34-0 or something but I remember watching them and saying they suck. Then of course they choked in the NCAA.

I think Dekker'll be good at the next level. this might sound out there but physically, he reminds me of Luol Deng, in that he's a 6'8, 230 small forward who can slash to the rim and is way more mobile and explosive than someone his size has any business being

I think Dekker'll be good at the next level. this might sound out there but physically, he reminds me of Luol Deng, in that he's a 6'8, 230 small forward who can slash to the rim and is way more mobile and explosive than someone his size has any business being

I agree. Kaminsky's I think will be a back end lottery pick and as long as he can shoot and hopefully get's a NBA 3 point shot he'll do well at the next level also. I need to see Hayes for one more season but he's on the way also.

Jarate

Banned
I agree. Kaminsky's I think will be a back end lottery pick and as long as he can shoot and hopefully get's a NBA 3 point shot he'll do well at the next level also. I need to see Hayes for one more season but he's on the way also.

Kaminsky is going top 15 in most mocks along with Dekker

Mrbob

Dekker is the best pro prospect on the Badgers roster. I think Frank will be serviceable at the next level but Dekker should be legit good.

I hope he comes back for a senior season so the team can make one more decent tourney run.

LycanXIII

Link foo!

8yIzP8t.png

LAHWaX2.png

Mrbob

Haha damn, that is deserved though.

I'm curious to see which team comes out on Saturday with a bigger chip on their shoulder. Arizona is going to want revenge from last year but most of the experts are disrespecting the Badgers as a one seed. So Wisconsin will have some extra motivation for Saturday night as well.

Fjordson

Link foo!
Quotes are WVU before the game, tweets are from UK after.

West Virginia’s Daxter Miles Jr. on UK: “I give them them their props. Salute them to getting to 36-0. But tomorrow they’re gonna be 36-1.”

https://twitter.com/DevinBook/status/581308472257544192

"I don't think they've played a team like us," Miles continued. "To me, they don't play hard. To me, they don't play as hard as we play.

https://twitter.com/DrewRoc5/status/581313036348166144

In response to a news story about the UK team playing Super Smash Bros. on Nintendo 64 in their hotels during the tourney.

https://twitter.com/tod_lanterIII/status/581313246872891392

damn kentucky housed them then clowned them on twitter lmao. vicious.
CBE7GZhUQAAvc2X.jpg:large

Fjordson

Yeah, not sure why they can't respond to trash talk after they played a great game. I mean the dude called them cheap for playing N64 :lol sorry, but they deserve to get clowned.

alstein

Only way ND beats KY is in a shootout where neither team plays much defense. KY is too good defensively for that to happen I think.

Laieon

CBDLjrCUIAA9fE6.jpg:large

Like I've said many times on here, I hate playing basketball in these football domes. Glad to see that the NCAA is going back to all dedicated basketball arenas for the regionals starting next year.

Still, they went through Houston to get to Indianapolis in 2010 so the building has positive vibes for Duke.

I don't really follow sports so I'm sure the answer is something incredibly obvious, but why would they not just have these games in the Toyota Center? It's still in Houston, but it's a dedicated Basketball area/Hockey Arena. NRG Stadium (I didn't realize it was no longer called Reliant Stadium) definitely seems like a dumb choice.

MisterR

These tweets are going to look stupid if KY loses to ND. Just stfu and play ball.

Give me a break. WVU talked shit and got some back. This has nothing to do with the Notre Dame game. UK respects ND and they're gonna be prepared. They might lose because ND is a good team, but it won't have anything to do with some tweets at WVU after the game.

andycapps

Haven't been following college hoops this year but how good is Kentucky? I mean in a historical perspective.

Talent wise they might be one of the best I've ever seen. Being a whole bunch of one and done's though, they don't have any senior leadership and if they were to play a team on their level, I'm not sure how they'd respond. So far they've pretty much been coasting on athleticism. The 5 on their bench are better than almost every team they play.

thefro

Only way ND beats KY is in a shootout where neither team plays much defense. KY is too good defensively for that to happen I think.

ND is the best team offensively Kentucky has played by far and if they're hitting 3s, they can force Kentucky to go small to match up.

DopeToast

Banned
Kentucky is insane. That behind-the-back reverse layup I saw on the highlight blew my mind. They need to eliminate the one-and-done now, and not to curb Kentucky/Duke/whoever's dominance, but to allow these insane athletes to play at the level they belong and get paid for it.

MisterR

Talent wise they might be one of the best I've ever seen. Being a whole bunch of one and done's though, they don't have any senior leadership and if they were to play a team on their level, I'm not sure how they'd respond. So far they've pretty much been coasting on athleticism. The 5 on their bench are better than almost every team they play.

This isn't a team of one and dones. 5 of the guys who play major minues are 2 or 3 year players. It would be 6/10 if AP hadn't gotten hurt. This team plays as a team. Their defense is historically good. They have size, depth and talent. As far as senior leadership, they don't have that. They do have 3 starters from a team that went to the championship game last year.

Neither Wisconsin or Arizona convinced me that they could beat Kentucky last night.

I'm not even sure about Duke winning tonight, let alone four more games.

Gonzaga is...Gonzaga.

Our best shot at seeing UK lose might be

A: Notre Dame goes supernova from three and is super efficient in their half court offense, limiting UK's transition game and forcing UK to keep up with them using just their half court O. Possible but unlikely.

B: Izzomagic

eznark

Banned
I'd like Kentucky to lose because seriously, fuck Kentucky, but they're the best team I've seen in college basketball in forever so I won't actually be too broken up to see them finish it off. They've certainly earned it.

Badgers have been able to squeak out back to back games without Kaminsky and last night Nigel Hayes played his worst game of the year. If they can all show up Saturday the Badgers will cruise. I don't think they will though. Dekker is due for one of his brain fart games for sure.

andycapps

This isn't a team of one and dones. 5 of the guys who play major minues are 2 or 3 year players. It would be 6/10 if AP hadn't gotten hurt. This team plays as a team. Their defense is historically good. They have size, depth and talent. As far as senior leadership, they don't have that. They do have 3 starters from a team that went to the championship game last year.

In the ones that got any significant time last night it was 4 soph, 4 fr, 1 jr. So yeah, no seniors getting meaningful minutes. All those sophomores, that 1 junior, and most if not all of the freshmen will go pro this year.

But yeah, they play great defense and are a very complete team. I'm just saying that talent wise, they're way beyond every team out there. The only team I think has a shot at beating them in the tourney is Wisconsin.

Dosia

I'd like Kentucky to lose because seriously, fuck Kentucky, but they're the best team I've seen in college basketball in forever so I won't actually be too broken up to see them finish it off. They've certainly earned it.

Badgers have been able to squeak out back to back games without Kaminsky and last night Nigel Hayes played his worst game of the year. If they can all show up Saturday the Badgers will cruise. I don't think they will though. Dekker is due for one of his brain fart games for sure.

The Badgers are not going to cruise against this AZ team. It is going to be a hard fought game.

Haven't been following college hoops this year but how good is Kentucky? I mean in a historical perspective.

They're very very good, but it's a down year for CBB in general.

In the last 10 years I think 07 Florida, 09 UNC, and 12 Kentucky are demonstrably better than this year's Kentucky. You could have an argument for 05 UNC and even 10 Kentucky as well, even though that Wall/Cousins team didn't win the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom