• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NCAA Tournament March Madness |OT| 67 Teams Vie For Second Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
It was slim to start with, but any hope I had of Winslow hanging around for his 2nd year disappeared this weekend. I remember posting on TDD that he was either going to have his best games with Duke or his worst. Not only is H town home, but his birthday was Thursday.

Bsigg12

Duke played a really good game. Next weekend will be fun.

I think this is the only elite 8 game to have the teams shake hands after the game so good on Duke.

I've learned not to overlook any team this time of year, especially an Izzo team, but knowing that Duke beat this team pretty handily earlier in the year (in Indianapolis no less) and K's history of dominating MSU has me fairly confident about that one.

As for the other game...On Wisconsin! No hate to Cats-GAF, this isn't out of sentimentality (I don't care about 40-0 or UK winning yet another title when they already have twice as many as Duke), just pure practicality.

I'm not sure Duke can beat Kentucky. I KNOW that they can beat the Badgers (because they did it already this year in their place).

Talon

This MSU team might be the worst MSU team to make the Final Four. I mean, at least the Sutton team...hold it. It's hard to say.

CBTjLIKUYAAPDCW.jpg

The homie Quinn finally got a banner.

wadepain.png

It's not an exact science, and given that future potential is worth more than current ability, but Chad Ford's tweets about teams and top 100 prospects are eye-popping.

Kentucky:

Chad Ford @chadfordinsider · 2h 2 hours ago
Kentucky NBA Prospects in ESPN Top 100 (continued):
An Harrison (56), Aa Harrison (80), Lee (82), Poythress (84)

Kentucky NBA Prospects in ESPN Top 100: Towns (1), Cauley-Stein (8), Lyles (16), Booker (19), Johnson (37), Ulis (45)

10 dudes. That's not even fair.

But Duke won't be first to the complainer's window.

Duke NBA Prospects in ESPN Top 100: Okafor (2), Winslow (6), Jones (28), Allen (68), Cook (99)

Wisconsin might grumble a little

Wisconsin NBA Prospects in ESPN Top 100: Kaminsky (13), Dekker (18), Hayes (27)

Sparty hates everybody and will not hesitate to shank you if given the opportunity.

Michigan State NBA Prospects in ESPN Top 100: Dawson (90), Valentine (92)

UK-Duke would easily be the most watched college basketball game of all-time.

I think America would actually root for Kentucky in that one.

Well, after the meteor,locusts,plague,Ebola, and ISIS of course.

inm8num2

I love this man. Does it the right way. Sadly 1-8 vs. Coach K but played them pretty well last Nov despite the loss. MSU's defense is light years better these past couple weeks, among other improvements. Whenever we play Duke it seems one of their guards goes wild (Irving 31 points in 2010, Curry 29 in 2013 tourney, etc.). As long as Duke isn't red hot from outside and Trice/Valentine/Dawson don't have "bad" games, I think MSU can have a decent chance. Plus, a physical game could work to MSU's advantage since Duke's bench isn't very deep.

Fjordson

UK-Duke would easily be the most watched college basketball game of all-time.

I think America would actually root for Kentucky in that one.

Well, after the meteor,locusts,plague,Ebola, and ISIS of course.
I kinda hope it is Duke and UK for the spectacle. And knowing either Cal or Duke will win a title. The Twitter hate will be burning with the power of the sun.

I read this morning that Kentucky vs. Notre Dame was the highest rated overnight game in cable history. Can't imagine how big the ratings would be for Duke vs. Kentucky.

eznark

Banned
Grantland article calling Wisconsin a team for 1915. Amazing. Apparently no one who is paid to watch college basketball actually watches college basketball.

Mrbob

Grantland article calling Wisconsin a team for 1915. Amazing. Apparently no one who is paid to watch college basketball actually watches college basketball.
The highest scoring team of the last two NCAA tournaments playing like it is 1915, awesome.

Wisconsin has to keep the game in the 50s to win. Oops.

To be fair though the guy who wrote that is an Ohio state alum so he is just salty. Much of the article is pretty funny.

eznark

Banned
I am involved with businesses in Indiana, just received a phone call from someone to yell at me about the religious bullshit bill and he told me he tore up 4 Final Four tickets rather than spend money, or allow someone else to spend money here in the state.

I almost cried.

eznark

Banned
Midgets.

Your governor hates businesses, clearly.

Such a weird boycott. Businesses were strongly against the bill. It's like punishing Code Pink for the Iraq War.

Whatever, real impact will be minimal once there isn't widespread discrimination.

Talon

Such a weird boycott. Businesses were strongly against the bill. It's like punishing Code Pink for the Iraq War.

Whatever, real impact will be minimal once there isn't widespread discrimination.
Why is it weird? The businesses are a proxy for the state, so that local businesses will put additional pinch on the idiotic lawmakers codifying discrimination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom