• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I had picked Montreal in 5, thinking they would win first 3 and lose game 4 then close it out in 5.

However, I don't want Ottawa to have any life so I am now hoping for the sweep despite my picks ;P

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
DUTTCCCCCHHHH GRETTTZZZZKKKKYYYY

HAHAHAHA

Fuck you Ottawa, enjoy what you have left of the playoffs.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This is one where I really have no dog in the fight. All I ask is that the Nucks and Flames be massively entertaining.

So let's go, uhh, Fucks!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Ugh, really wanted to see the Sens win at least stretch out the series

All three of the games were one goal games, but the fact of the matter is that this is a borderline playoff team at best. Only proper NHL calibre d-men we have are Karlsson and Methot.

Ceci? Borderline NHLer, probably would be a bottom pairing or 7th d-man on a proper playoff team.

Weircioch? He's been scratched so often for a reason, borderline NHLer. Great when he's playing good, terrible when he's off.

Cowen? Same deal as Weir.

Gryba and Boro? Both AHLers playing in the NHL because of their toughness.

But the defense isn't changing until Murray steps down as GM because for some reason that's the one aspect of the team he's happy with.

trifelife

Woo!! Goddamn the dome is fucking rocking.

XJujIsw.jpg

peanut-butter-600x450.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
WOOOOOOO

BOUNCES ALL OVER THE PLACES

YEAH NO WONDER THERE'S NO DAD IN THE ARENA TO SHOW BECAUSE FLAMES PLAYERS PROBABLY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO THEIR DADS ARE, HILLBILLIES

Mentok

Banned
Ah, that's what it was. Might have been a hand pass.

Can't let that goal in regardless. Thanks for coming, Sens.

When the puck was shot out of the defensive zone, Prust reached up and tried to grab it. It's hard to tell whether the puck hit off the glass or off his glove (or both) but it definitely redirected right there. If Prust's glove touched it, it should have been blown dead for a hand pass. Hard to tell whether or not it actually did, so good goal.

Ahh ok yeah that's what it was. But that's not a reviewable play, and definitely not a goal Anderson should've let in. All that's left is to finish them off (still not an easy task, gotta put the pressure on them next game).

If the Sens come back from this, they probably deserve to win the cup.

Now I wish I wasn't going to the game on Wednesday, it's gonna be tough sitting through that because I think the Habs are gonna sweep.

I thought these guys would work a bit harder to win considering how they fought back from picking in the top 5 to making the playoffs, but that's the problem with Dave Cameron's teams, they get the lead and sit back on it, it's why he lost in the World Juniors and it's why the Sens are pretty much eliminated now.

Also, two things really pissed me off this game. First was the Habs being weak on their skates and falling down on every hit, no matter how light it was. Second was Mike Johnson stanning the Habs all the way through the game, seriously just STFU.

Edit: Also, fuck the refs. I don't understand how you give a penalty like that to Lazar in a playoff overtime period.

Well, this has been discussed even before the series: Just how much does Ottawa have left in the tank? It's hard to consider this season anything less than a positive when you consider where they were in January.

As for your point, the Habs ARE a light team. I mean if you hit most of our forwards they will fall. Sure there may be some embellishment, but that's the old "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" playoff mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom