• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill0527

Newbie hockey fan question:

Why are hockey teams so damn secretive about listing the injuries to their players?

"He's out for an indefinite time with a lower body injury."
"He's out for a couple of weeks with an upper body injury."

Well what the hell does that even mean since you could have 1000 different injuries in each area?

Is it just my team (Preds) that does this? Fucking frustrating to sit here and see the team captain and alternate out with injuries and nobody will say a word outside of something really generic and useless. Although in the case of Shae Weber, Nashville Pred boards are saying he's got either a torn ACL or MCL, but again, some damn confirmation would be nice.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

Why are hockey teams so damn secretive about listing the injuries to their players?

Well what the hell does that even mean since you could have 1000 different injuries in each area?

Is it just my team (Preds) that does this? Fucking frustrating to sit here and see the team captain and alternate out with injuries and nobody will say a word outside of something really generic and useless. Although in the case of Shae Weber, Nashville Pred boards are saying he's got either a torn ACL or MCL, but again, some damn confirmation would be nice.

Mainly so when the player comes back from injury, the other team doesn't target the player in those injured areas.

Wazzy

Banned
I need to get someone to shop a nucks jersey to my avy. I always forget to get it done :(

Second period hopefully will go better.

Mentok

Banned

You don't want other teams targeting the specific injuries when the players come back.

Every team does it for the reasons already stated above. Not sure how effective it is when you can just look up footage and make a good guess as to which area was hurting.

bill0527

Every team does it for the reasons already stated above. Not sure how effective it is when you can just look up footage and make a good guess as to which area was hurting.

Hmmm..that's kind of the opposite of NFL and College Football. Their injury reports are always timely and detailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom